Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake frozen snow glow elsa??!'

• 11-12-2014 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all ,,
    A local newsagents in my town are selling these frozen dolls.
    They look fake as f*** to me!!
    Just wondering does anyone know for sure if these are real or fake!?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Gotta agree there. These look as fake as a European Dollar bill. Disney never lets anything hit the shelves without their logos slathered everywhere.

Some bright spark's cashing in on the years idiotic parental-slave hive-mind rush.

Anyone dumb enough to buy 'em (or to have allowed their kids reach the stage of making parental lives hell for not getting the right ones) has earned the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

I'm far from an expert on 'Frozen', but if you search Amazon for example for the same dolls you can clearly see a difference.

The fact it doesn't even say 'Disney' on the box and that it's being sold in a newsagents is dodgy.

I'm unable to post a link.

But I'd avoid these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭lauraelaine

markfinn wrote: »
    Gotta agree there. These look as fake as a European Dollar bill. Disney never lets anything hit the shelves without their logos slathered everywhere.

Some bright spark's cashing in on the years idiotic parental-slave hive-mind rush.

Anyone dumb enough to buy 'em (or to have allowed their kids reach the stage of making parental lives hell for not getting the right ones) has earned the result.

Hahaha too true!!
    Yea you're right no Disney logo is a big giveaway!!
    €25 they're selling them for too ..unbelievable !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭lauraelaine

AnimalChin wrote: »
    I'm far from an expert on 'Frozen', but if you search Amazon for example for the same dolls you can clearly see a difference.

The fact it doesn't even say 'Disney' on the box and that it's being sold in a newsagents is dodgy.

I'm unable to post a link.

But I'd avoid these.

Yes you're right!
    These will not have passed any safety standards/regulations !
    Potential danger for young kids !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Hahaha too true!!
    Yea you're right no Disney logo is a big giveaway!!
    €25 they're selling them for too ..unbelievable !!

Here's the thing, will a demanding child know the difference between the real thing on Christmas morning and a copy?
    Chances are they won't.
    Then when more become available, go out and replace it with a genuine one if you wish. Or the child might be perfectly happy with her copy version.
    Once it's safe for children to oaky with, what's the big issue.
    Makes much more sense than overpaying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

Here's the thing, will a demanding child know the difference between the real thing on Christmas morning and a copy?
    Chances are they won't.
    Then when more become available, go out and replace it with a genuine one if you wish. Or the child might be perfectly happy with her copy version.
    Once it's safe for children to oaky with, what's the big issue.
    Makes much more sense than overpaying

But what about when the child's doll is different to their friend's doll? Children aren't stupid. They'll realise something is up before their friends mention it.

Besides, the parent would know it's fake. That would sit right with me personally. Rightly or wrongly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Definitely fake, all the stalls in town have them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

Hi all ,,
    A local newsagents in my town are selling these frozen dolls.
    They look fake as f*** to me!!
    Just wondering does anyone know for sure if these are real or fake!?

Thanks in advance

This is what the real Disney snow glow doll looks like. These are totally out of stock in the UK stores and they costing well over £60 to buy them in ebay but there are the genuine ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DISNEY-FROZEN-ELSA-SNOW-GLOW-DOLL-PRINCESS-MUSICAL-SINGING-TALKING-LET-IT-GO-NEW-/231409487668?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item35e1148f34

Advertisement