Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange behaviour on second satellite receiver

Options
  • 11-12-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've bought a new Humax satellite receiver for main t.v.. I also have an older Thompson box for a second t.v. Both are connected to a quad lnb. The humax is working perfectly. However, when the humax is turned off, the second box is not receiving a signal. It only works when the humax is turned on. Has anyone any idea why this might be happening?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Could the LNB be only getting power from the Humax?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Probably a cable or connector problem . Centre core (+) of 2nd box cable is likrly to have continuity, outer braiding (-) not . So when humax is on it enables the LNB to be powered .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 noelM46

Thanks for the replies. It must have been a loose connection. When I rewired, all worked fine.

Advertisement