Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Providers in Lusk

Options
  • 11-12-2014 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of moving back to NCD (Lusk to be specific), but just wondering what internet provider you'd recommend? I know they all advertise their speeds online, but these are never reliable/in every area.

Any help you can give would be great!
    Cheers

Cavey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

Where in Lusk??

Probably in order I'd go
    UPC fibre - limited availability parts of Chapel Farm and Lusk Village
    Vodafone/Sky/eircom - fibre broadband - available through most of the town

After that I would despair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Hey Jwwb.

Moving to Dun Emer, the end just off Kilhedge lane. Thanks for that, might give upc a call and see if they're available there

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There's no cable broadband in Dun Emer, upc used the useless mmds technology.

landline broadband at up* to 50bps is available

*up to meaning "definitely less than".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've updated the thread title to make it more relevant to your query.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

I'm at that end of Dun Emer myself and using Vodafone Fibre BB - 50MB is pretty standard as there is a cab right beside the Centra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Cheers guys. Just good to get the local take on it. Used to have Eircom when I lived in Lusk a few years ago, but not keen on going back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

I moved from Eircom to UPC a few months ago, the difference is unreal. I have the UPC 50mbs package, in reality i'm getting 30mbs which is still fairly good. This is in Lusk Village in fairness not sure on Dum Emer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I'm with upc in the forge in lusk on their 60mb package and in reality I get 45mb all day. Ample for me and the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Try to avoid Eircom if at all possible. I'm in Lusk too and have been waiting over 6 weeks since placing my order and still no broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Upc were out with me within 4 days of lacing the order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement