Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much would a 24 kw system boiler cost in Worchester bosch

• 11-12-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭

as above guys also who is irish agent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Par1 wrote: »

The boiler on its own is about 950-1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

The boiler with a flue in chadwicks goes for 1050. But they will ask for your rgi number before they will sell it to you.
    and only right these machines are dangerous in the wrong hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Par1 wrote: »

What area ?

Importers sell to plumbing supplys nationwide. Not directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭James esq

just paid 1650 cash to get one installed with certification

James esq wrote: »
    just paid 1650 cash to get one installed with certification

How long did it take to install?

• Advertisement

It took 2 guys one full day. There was a big response from from my add in tradesman so it appears to be a reasonably straight forward gig. Glad to to hear it modulates up as this is important in the summer when there is only demand for hot water, so it will cost 30 cent to heat my tank (7KW for one hour at 4.5 cent per KW), my impression is if it modulated down it would cost 24X4.5 or €1.08 - please correct me if I have got this wrong.

It took 2 guys one full day. There was a big response from from my add in tradesman so it appears to be a reasonably straight forward gig. Glad to to hear it modulates up as this is important in the summer when there is only demand for hot water, so it will cost 30 cent to heat my tank (7KW for one hour at 4.5 cent per KW), my impression is if it modulated down it would cost 24X4.5 or €1.08 - please correct me if I have got this wrong.

Did you get your system properly powerflushed first?

They said flushing was included. I signed up to the 2 year guarantee online and 5 year warranty so the the ball is now out of my court now, seen as they only supply to the trade. The job should pay for itself in a few years. Incidentally I got a quote from the gas company 5 years ago for over 5 grand.

They said flushing was included. I signed up to the 2 year guarantee online and 5 year warranty so the the ball is now out of my court now, seen as they only supply to the trade. The job should pay for itself in a few years. Incidentally I got a quote from the gas company 5 years ago for over 5 grand.

I only ask because a proper flush usually takes the best part of a day and it's a 1 man job. Same as fitting the boiler

Thanks for the tip, but a week before xmas I just want the heat on, one day is enough. While I am not an expert in plumbing, I am a scientist, the exhaust water has a ph of 3 which is very acidic, I would take the view that a boiler designed to withstand this would also be designed to withstand a certain amount of sludge. Obviously clear treated water is ideal, I would suspect with aluminum rads and plastic pipework the necessity for the perfect flush maybe a bit overstated. A different story altogether with iron rads and gun barrel pipes.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tip, but a week before xmas I just want the heat on, one day is enough. While I am not an expert in plumbing, I am a scientist, the exhaust water has a ph of 3 which is very acidic, I would take the view that a boiler designed to withstand this would also be designed to withstand a certain amount of sludge. Obviously clear treated water is ideal, I would suspect with aluminum rads and plastic pipework the necessity for the perfect flush maybe a bit overstated. A different story altogether with iron rads and gun barrel pipes.

The condensate is acidic yes. Actually around 2.5. But that's not inside the heat exchanger. Sludge in the radiators can go on for years. Sludge in a modern gas condensing boiler heat exchanger will destroy it. The waterways are extremely narrow. I've seen it happen within a year on a few occasions. That's why I'm voicing my concern. 1650 is a lot of money to waste if the job is not done correctly. Your boiler is over 1,000 alone. 650 for a flush and install is quite cheap. Usually you get what you pay for. Hopefully nothing will happen yours

Dpt

Let op off.
    He got what he paid for !
    It might last 5 years, it might last 20 !!!!
    He's happy, now !!

It's Christmas, a time to wish all well.

+ we do replace boilers.

A gas boilers longevity is dramatically reduced by any contamination of heating system water, also warranties no matter what the lenth are usually cancelled when a manufacturer finds evidence of any contaminants in a heating system linked to any warranty call.

If the correct process is used and the heating system is serviced and monitored correctly contamination cannot occur, contamination of a heating system is caused by a installation defect or installer error and is not a boiler issue.

scudo2 wrote: »
    Dpt

Let op off.
    He got what he paid for !
    It might last 5 years, it might last 20 !!!!
    He's happy, now !!

It's Christmas, a time to wish all well.

+ we do replace boilers.
    As I said. Ho Ho Ho

Gary, thanks for explaining this to me, lets hope if it does happen it happens within the 2 year guarantee. Your insight explains to me why condensing boilers got a bad name in the first place.. they probably just stuck them in 30 year old iron systems and they got bunged up.

I have noticed that the pressure meter shows just in the lower red zone. Do you know why a low pressure is not advised does this damage the system or does it just make it less efficient.

Gary, thanks for explaining this to me, lets hope if it does happen it happens within the 2 year guarantee. Your insight explains to me why condensing boilers got a bad name in the first place.. they probably just stuck them in 30 year old iron systems and they got bunged up.

I have noticed that the pressure meter shows just in the lower red zone. Do you know why a low pressure is not advised does this damage the system or does it just make it less efficient.

As these types of boilers were originally designed for apartments it was not possible to have them tank fed.

This isn't really the case now days as you can have boilers fed from a tank in the loft but it is preferred to pressurise a heating system as their less noisey, better movement round bigger systems, it's easier to clear air and you get a better heat transfer which improves efficiency.

Advertisement