Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Road speed warning sign

• 11-12-2014 11:59pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone notice that on the R445 Dublin Road as you approach the Groody Roundabout from the Kilmurry Lodge side there's a newly erected sign that tells you your speed, which seems to be reading well above your speed?

Was stuck behind a fella doing 55km/h there not too long ago, when the sign alerted him he was doing 70km/h which resulted in him standing on his breaks. Incredibly annoying and potentially dangerous.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I noticed that sign several times. It's like that now for several weeks as far as I know. Wasn't out that way since last Thursday (4th) and it was reading my speed at, I think, 75k/hr then even though I was doing around 50.

Surprised if it isn't fixed by now - interesting if someone braked sharply upon seeing their spurious high speed, causing a rear-end shunt as a result, resulting in the front driver being inured.....how would a subsequent court case go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

tippman1 wrote: »
    I noticed that sign several times. It's like that now for several weeks as far as I know. Wasn't out that way since last Thursday (4th) and it was reading my speed at, I think, 75k/hr then even though I was doing around 50.

Surprised if it isn't fixed by now - interesting if someone braked sharply upon seeing their spurious high speed, causing a rear-end shunt as a result, resulting in the front driver being inured.....how would a subsequent court case go?

Rear end shunter would be at fault, supposed to be driving far enough back so you can brake safely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I saw that recently - it had me at 84km while car speedo definitely siad 57km. it was about 3 weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I noticed it was nowhere near accurate too. I taught I was going mad at first.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭NewYork1979

Hit a 120k going through that :mad:.Fire in my house in Castletroy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement