Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay layoffs!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

Haven't they just opened that plant recently?

Doubt they ll close it down already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Ebay and Payal are spliiting up/not the same company anymore.

Dont know the ins and outs of it

Ebay Dundalk do expect to lose some staff as a result (Ebay moving some depts to Dublin) but they dont know how many yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Some people let go today in Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

really?

I work there and didnt hear anything about it

Afraid so. Some let go yesterday. News slowly filtering out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

12 let go in Ebay yesterday :(

In Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mravaya

12 let go in Ebay yesterday :(

What that means is the Government subsidy that brought them to Dundalk has more then likely dried up and now they will be looking for another place to subsidise their work force. Call centres that only handles calls can be moved so much more easily then an actual production centre that actually produces tangible goods

Its got nothing to do with that . Its because Ebay and Paypal have split into two distinct companies. As far as I know there have only been a few layoffs and PayPal & Ebay are still hiring

• Advertisement

People keep talking about these eBay layoffs.
    Nothing about the fact 14 people started there 2 weeks ago. Or the people who were originally told they may lose their jobs were moved to other departments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 orla201

Can any1 tell me where exactly Ebay is in Dundalk? Is it commutable by public transport, like the train?? Or would you need to drive to work there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

orla201 wrote: »
    Can any1 tell me where exactly Ebay is in Dundalk? Is it commutable by public transport, like the train?? Or would you need to drive to work there?

It's in the xerox Park on the bypass. You can train and bus it to it however there's a considerable walk involved. There are shuttle buses to and from it AFAIK

MugMugs wrote: »
    It's in the xerox Park on the bypass. You can train and bus it to it however there's a considerable walk involved. There are shuttle buses to and from it AFAIK

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

orla201 wrote: »
    Thanks!!

I live on the Dublin Road in Dundalk and frequently see minibuses with Paypal on the front of them so it seems that the park is well serviced, try Matthews website for the details!

I live on the Dublin Road in Dundalk and frequently see minibuses with Paypal on the front of them so it seems that the park is well serviced, try Matthews website for the details!

Thanks Dundalk Duffman! I'm only starting to learn how to drive so if I got a job I'd have to commute on public transport for a while. In saying that, I've only arranged a phone interview so duno if I've a hope in hell of getn a job yet!!

There;s loads of lift shares

Im guessing you are coming from Dublin.

There;s loads of lift shares

Im guessing you are coming from Dublin.

Yup, Balbriggan.

Theres a Bus Eireann Stop at DkIT and thats about a 15 min walk to Paypal/Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Theres a Bus Eireann Stop at DkIT and thats about a 15 min walk to Paypal/Ebay

5 minutes handy.

• Advertisement

hiring more staff in Dundalk at the minute, thats on top of the 14 that started a few weeks ago.

Maybe thread title should be changed ;)

5 minutes handy.

If you can walk from the door of Paypal to bus stop at DkIT in 5 minutes Ill pin the Olympic medal on you meself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

If you can walk from the door of Paypal to bus stop at DkIT in 5 minutes Ill pin the Olympic medal on you meself! :D
    Is the side gate entrance (motorway exit entrance) still open? if so "challenge accepted" ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I'd say it'd be close! I'll try it in the morning, the Mullaharlin Road to the dual carraigeway isn't that long

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Does anyone on boards know what work is like in eBay Dundalk?

I'm... Asking for a friend..

In what way? That's a very vague question

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

event wrote: »
    In what way? That's a very vague question

Upon reflection you're right. It was pretty vague.
    I suppose I meant about benefits, work/life balance, communication to and from management, progression.
    That type of thing.

Benefits good, you get medical. There's an on site gym (free), there's a canteen with about 4 hot dishes a day, €4. There's a Costa coffee on site. Normal tea & coffee are free. Big summer & Xmas parties.

At the end of the day it's a call centre though, so still expected to take calls & hit targets.

Ebay is said to close its Dundalk operation in 2017 according to talk of the town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ebay is said to close its Dundalk operation in 2017 according to talk of the town

I think most of the staff may transfer to PayPal.

Advertisement