Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a telescope

Options
  • 12-12-2014 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hello

I'm interested in buying a telescope and spending about 300 euro.

Ease of use is important to me. I am computer savy but don't want to have to spend a long time setting up the telescope each time I use it.

Portability is also very important

Any Recommendations Please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Penfailed

There's a 'Sticky' all about it here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055203633

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Crappyghost

Dude... pick up the celestron 70mm travelscope from argos. It is a basic refractor telescope and costs about 80-90 euro. Good quality telescope, compact, comes in a back pack and easy to assemble.

Then pick up a decent stargazing book from easons or amazon 10-15 euro. Best to start small with the basics and see if you enjoy it.

Advertisement