Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

How many people on this thread own more than 1 AC/DC record? (Greatest Hits not included)

I'd be surprised if more than 20% of people going own any of their albums. Irish people have a somewhat unique trend of flocking to gigs that are promoted as the 'must-attend' gigs of the summer (eg Garth Brooks - not comparing ACDC to him by the way :p).

In any regard it doesn't really matter, more power to people heading who aren't
    major fans. It's good for rock music that gigs like ACDC are so popular.

I decided not to go myself. I'm a big fan and own most of their albums but have seen them before and am going to put my money towards one of the big festivals such as Download next summer instead.

For the same price as this ACDC gig I saw Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Faith no More, and Motorhead in Hyde Park last summer..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

How many people on this thread own more than 1 AC/DC record? (Greatest Hits not included)

I know there's the Iron Man 2 Soundtrack but they don't actually have a Greatest Hits album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

I own all the old cassette albums was seeking a few standing tickets this morning but couldn't get any :( so much for this gig not selling out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Irish people have a somewhat unique trend of flocking to gigs that are promoted as the 'must-attend' gigs of the summer (eg Garth Brooks - not comparing ACDC to him by the way :p).

Do you honesty think that large numbers of people paid nearly a €100 quid each today because this is the 'must-attend' gig of the summer? You're talking out of your arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Do you honesty think that large numbers of people paid nearly a €100 quid each today because this is the 'must-attend' gig of the summer? You're talking out of your arse.

Do.you honestly think the herd mentality had nothing to do with this selling out? that the sheer prospect of nothing other than thunderstruck and highway didnt shift a good 20k tickets? if you think not you're talking very much out of your ass!

Always happens with outdoor gigs in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I don't think Pete is too far off the mark.

I don't think, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Do i love DC, absolutely, seen them many times, did i attempt to buy a ticket today? Nope, didn't have a spare 200quid floating around.

Not bothered in the slightest, i'll get tickets closer to the time, Ticketbastard will release some, or i'll just head up to the venue on the day, someone is ALWAYS selling for face value or less

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

I own all the old cassette albums was seeking a few standing tickets this morning but couldn't get any :( so much for this gig not selling out!

Feel your pain spent 30 mins this morning from 8.55am onwards kept getting message waiting time 3-7 mins and then no tickets available :( what is more annoying is all the tickets on Donedeal / e-bay :mad: not long after it was announced as a sell out hope the Robbing b**tards get stuck with their over priced tickets ... ONce again Ticketmaster cannot handle to big surge in ticket requests how many times this year has the site went into meltdown.. nearly safer now old fashioned queing for tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

The only one I dont own is greatest hits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I've used the ticketmaster app to buy tickets this morning had them bought by 9.02am, I can't praise there app enough

I had also used it for one direction and Garth brooks tickets (family members obviously) and always got them within 5mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Got them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I cut grass for 5 pounds every summer weekend as a teenager. This bought 1 album on cassette tape.

First purchase was High Voltage. Lots of grass(cutting) and sweat later I got them all.

Wish I still had them, but they were played to death.....

Best Album..

Powerage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

I don't see the point of the question but I'll humour you. I own all their CD's. (Thankfully, I'm too young to ever have owned a cassette tape) :) And unfortunately could not afford tickets this morning.

I must have missed the part of the rules that said you had to own a certain amount of albums to attend a public concert. Hope the people going enjoy themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Do.you honestly think the herd mentality had nothing to do with this selling out? that the sheer prospect of nothing other than thunderstruck and highway didnt shift a good 20k tickets? if you think not you're talking very much out of your ass!

Always happens with outdoor gigs in ireland

Its a disturbing phenomenon in this country,the bandwagoner .

All I can say is that these type of people (not on this thread btw )must have loads of money because they seem to spend the vast majority of the gig going to the bar and guzzling beer whilst posting on facebook.
    Its an expensive way to get drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I reckon I've got thirteen. Do they even have a Greatest Hits album? :confused:
    For the same price as this ACDC gig I saw Black Sabbath, Soundgarden, Faith no More, and Motorhead in Hyde Park last summer..........

I was at that too. Excellent day out :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Its a disturbing phenomenon in this country,the bandwagoner .

All I can say is that these type of people (not on this thread btw )must have loads of money because they seem to spend the vast majority of the gig going to the bar and guzzling beer whilst posting on facebook.
    Its an expensive way to get drunk.

Exactly. I fukcing hate people at gigs with phones recording them and snapping pictures every 2 minutes. Big concerts nowadays are often more like weddings in atmosphere due to bellends just attending to do the done thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

I was there for the Roger Waters gig. In the Premium Section 309 and the sound was flawless. I was amazed. I go to a lot of concerts and its the best outdoor sound I've ever heard. It has a lot to do with the sound engineer and the set up but I'm sure Ac/Dc will have top quality. Weather plays a factor too but I don't think they can control that!

at nearly a 100 quid a ticket - I'll be expecting the weather to be controlled and my own personal A.C. (get it) remote control :-P

Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Exactly. I fukcing hate people at gigs with phones recording them and snapping pictures every 2 minutes. Big concerts nowadays are often more like weddings in atmosphere due to bellends just attending to do the done thing.

Ahh let them at it. Its not a members club. The more young people that attend the better. It is only a night out after all, and everyone is there to see a gig and have a good time.

Its good to see the whole world is not sold out to the Simon Cowell designer bands.

This will be the 8th time I have seen them live .. Never gets old!!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bertie 56

Saw in ticketmaster.ie :

" Keep checking back FYI: New tickets often become available for purchase as the event date nears. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

bertie 56 wrote: »
    Saw in ticketmaster.ie :

" Keep checking back FYI: New tickets often become available for purchase as the event date nears. "

That comes up regardless of event once they're sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Only thing worse than a "bandwagoner" is the "my-cock-is-bigger-than-yours-real-fan-because-I-have-a-ticket-stub-from-73".
    I detest that type of snobbery.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

In 1996 weren't they going to play The Point and King's Hall in Belfast but they had merge the two dates together because ticket sales were so bad, they didn't bother coming here in 2001, maybe that had something to do with it, then in 2008 it seemed that half the f*cking country wanted to see them, what the feck happened in that time, did someone officially deem them to be "cool" or something, it seems strange cos even in 1996 they were past their creative peak.

Anyway the only real thing that annoys me about the bandwagoner's is that it makes it f*cking hard to get tickets, and as long as there are no proper d1ckheads in my vicinity at the concert I don't really care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Zulu wrote: »
    Only thing worse than a "bandwagoner" is the "my-cock-is-bigger-than-yours-real-fan-because-I-have-a-ticket-stub-from-73".

Mine is from October 22nd 1982 (Simmons Court, RDS) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Zulu wrote: »

The Bruce Springsteen version of these people are the most insufferable shower of ***** ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

In 1996 weren't they going to play The Point and King's Hall in Belfast but they had merge the two dates together because ticket sales were so bad, they didn't bother coming here in 2001, maybe that had something to do with it, then in 2008 it seemed that half the f*cking country wanted to see them, what the feck happened that in that time, did someone officially deem them to be "cool" or something, it seems strange cos even in 1996 they were past their creative peak.

Anyway the only real thing that annoys me about the bandwagoner's is that it makes it f*cking hard to get tickets, and as long as their are no proper d1ckheads in my vicinity at the concert I don't really care.

This!

I've been following them all my life and what not but, even in 2001 they weren't "that" hip or popular. I went to Milton Keynes to see them in 2001 and it was piss easy to get tickets.

I've honestly no idea where this new surge of popularity has come from as, to be honest, their albums have ranged from, utter **** to average, since Fly On The Wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

sugarman wrote: »
    Bought my first album yesterday, played it twice through and was completely sold. Got 2 tickets first thing this morning!

****ing hell..........

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

sugarman wrote: »
    Bought my first album yesterday, played it twice through and was completely sold. Got 2 tickets first thing this morning!
    Just out of curiosity, which album was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Saw them in the point dunno what year it was, it was the money talks tour only thing i remember from the gig was the money falling from the sky, and I've now got no AC-DC album's, back in the day we had twin deck tape recorders and use to copy the original tape to a blank tape, technology was savage back then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭griffin100

Saw them in the point dunno what year it was, it was the money talks tour only thing i remember from the gig was the money falling from the sky, and I've now got no AC-DC album's, back in the day we had twin deck tape recorders and use to copy the original tape to a blank tape, technology was savage back then

That was 1991 on the Razors Edge Tour, my first AC/DC concert.

I wonder is the rush for tickets this time around because it's probably the last tour they will ever do? I don't see much evidence of a bandwagon - less than a weeks notice, couple of radio and newspaper adds - not much of a bandwagon to jump on.

Advertisement