Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

What, so unless people own all/most of their albums then they are sheep jumping on the bandwagon? What a very simplistic bigoted perspective. That sounds like something coming from the mouth of a guy who is only going to be buying one ticket because no one else would stomach his company for that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Penfailed wrote: »
    I reckon I've got thirteen. Do they even have a Greatest Hits album? :confused:

Yes, they do, although it was only released in Russia (but it is an official release)

** EDIT ** Actually, according to Discogs, it's an unofficial release, so I might be wrong about it being official. It's a decent enough compilation though.
    DaveR1000 wrote: »
    at nearly a 100 quid a ticket - I'll be expecting the weather to be controlled and my own personal A.C. (get it) remote control :-P

Cant wait

Surely you mean your own personal A.C. direct control? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭fluke

As a couple of posters here have commented, I too am perplexed as to how AC/DC got so popular in the last 5-6 years. I got into the band in the 90's and was slagged off for listening to them back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I suspect it's because :
    They are fu*kin deadly
    They are fu*kin deadly
    Bands now a days are flaccid live (by and large)
    They had a savage performance last time and the word is out
    Oh and they are fuc*ING deadly.

Honestly it doesn't surprise me at all.

Zulu wrote: »
    I suspect it's because :
    They are fu*kin deadly
    They are fu*kin deadly
    Bands now a days are flaccid live (by and large)
    They had a savage performance last time and the word is out
    Oh and they are fuc*ING deadly.

Honestly it doesn't surprise me at all.

No revelation, they are deadly. I think it was all that talk of them playing Slane that helped their popularity surge.

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Bought my first album yesterday, played it twice through and was completely sold. Got 2 tickets first thing this morning!

So go on then, what did you buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I think it's because of their wide spanning appeal. I know people in their 50's, 40's, 30's, 20's and teens who wanted to go. Sure maybe they weren't popular in the 90s but a lot of people who didn't like them then probably now have kids In their teens who do. Or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

fluke wrote: »
    No revelation, they are deadly. I think it was all that talk of them playing Slane that helped their popularity surge.

Also movies like Iron Man and some others have had a few ACDC songs on the soundtrack afair. Wasn't Iron Man basically the Back in Black album? That would have contributed to their popularity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭flasher0030

fluke wrote: »
    So go on then, what did you buy?

I think the poster was joking/provoking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's nothing to do with AC/DC, going to gigs is just a lot more popular than it used to be, see the amount of outdoor festivals and large arena/stadium gigs now taking place compared with 10/15 years ago....
    unfortunately that gives rise to the amount of people who are pretty half-arsed about what they're going to and end up talking to each other, or going to the bar, or taking selfies for half the gig when they don't know anything other than "the hits"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

How many people on this thread own more than 1 AC/DC record? (Greatest Hits not included)

does it matter?
    As long as they play Thunderstruck, enter sandman, whole lotta love, and highway to hell, im happy. thats their best songs :D

any idea of the support yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Ive seen AC/DC 5 times and every show has been a killer.

I dont mind paying approx €100 to see them, but I was only offered seats at the opposite end of the stadium to the stage yesterday and I opted out.

I went to 2 of the 3 shows U2 did in Croke Park in 2005. The first night I was in the Davin Stand (opposite end from the stage) and it was ridiculous. The sound, view and overall experience was just awful.
    The 2nd night I was in the Cusack stand closer to the stage and it was a completely different experience.

I seen earlier in this thread that someone said they had seats in the top tier of the south stand but it was better than nothing. Not in my experience.

I'm disappointed not to be going (although Im very much on the lookout for a standing ticket), but couldnt justify paying over €100 for the seats on offer yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,952 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

does it matter?
    As long as they play Thunderstruck, enter sandman, whole lotta love, and highway to hell, im happy. thats their best songs :D

Superb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

poundhound wrote: »
    Ive seen AC/DC 5 times and every show has been a killer.

I dont mind paying approx €100 to see them, but I was only offered seats at the opposite end of the stadium to the stage yesterday and I opted out.

I went to 2 of the 3 shows U2 did in Croke Park in 2005. The first night I was in the Davin Stand (opposite end from the stage) and it was ridiculous. The sound, view and overall experience was just awful.
    The 2nd night I was in the Cusack stand closer to the stage and it was a completely different experience.

I seen earlier in this thread that someone said they had seats in the top tier of the south stand but it was better than nothing. Not in my experience.

I'm disappointed not to be going (although Im very much on the lookout for a standing ticket), but couldnt justify paying over €100 for the seats on offer yesterday.
    the aviva is a boutique stadium compared to croker. Won;t be a bad seat in the house.

I beg to differ.
    Ive been there numerous times.
    Have you been to the top of block 525?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

poundhound wrote: »
    I beg to differ.
    Ive been there numerous times.
    Have you been to the top of block 525?

525 is hardly that,bad?
    Been to very top of 511 countless times and would call it a ,great,view!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭overshoot

the aviva is a boutique stadium compared to croker. Won;t be a bad seat in the house.
    unless the truss is coming down through your view....
    525 should be grand...just! as you head towards the end though the end of the upper tier (low 500s high 520s), the truss at worst case will obstruct your view of the goal area for a football match.

the first few rows are also too low. should have been raised slightly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

When I read that I had some type of tv3 / AA roadwatch mid atlantic marketting accent in my head?!? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

gucci wrote: »
    When I read that I had some type of tv3 / AA roadwatch mid atlantic marketting accent in my head?!? :P
    ok...it's f**ing small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I am in row G in 525. I have been concerned about the recycled noise.

I was up there as a spot light operator for the Michael Buble concerts. If it was not for the fact I was wearing communication head cans, i would have walked out.
    The canopy seemed to amplify all the bass sounds tuning the music into a horrible din

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭griffin100

My seats are in Block 430, which is the far end of the stadium, but I think its premium level so I'm hoping the sound and sight lines are ok. I'd normally stand but I want to bring my 9 year old son who's AC/DC mad to this so seats are better for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Just curious is the seating enforced at these concerts? if you're preferred ticket is seated and people in the rows in front persist on standing and obstruct your view are there stewards keeping an eye on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Just curious is the seating enforced at these concerts? if you're preferred ticket is seated and people in the rows in front persist on standing and obstruct your view are there stewards keeping an eye on this?

No.. Not in the slightest.. Stewards will have more to do then make sure people sit

You're at an ac/dc gig, not the opera, doubt very many will actually sit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

I reckon sugarman's second fav band are :

The-Trolling-Stones.jpg

Relax Sugarman, Raycon is just joking.

Chill and have a good listen to:

bu6Xnp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

How many people on this thread own more than 1 AC/DC record? (Greatest Hits not included)

I've got them all (some on computer, some on cd) I've seen them 3 times, travelled to Paris in 2010 to see them as Ireland wasn't on the last European leg of the tour, I wish I seen them before but I was only like 3/4 in 96 the last time they were here before the Black Ice tour. Greatest hits not included indeed as there is no such thing :P.

I don't think you have to own all the albums on cd or in any other form to be a fan or to go see them. What annoys me is the people buying say, 8 tickets with the intention of selling every one of them for triple the price and have no interest in going whatsoever, so a lot of true fans either pay a fortune or miss out. It's a joke! But thats life.

Additional shows have been added to Zurich and Munich, London is bound to get a 2nd show too.

Dublin won't.
    As AC/DC dont play 2 nights in a row, and with Glasgow and Wembley 3 nights either side of the Dublin date, there is no room for a 2nd show, hence the "One night only" tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭plonker

The touts are having a field day on DD, it's a shame they allow them to advertise tickets for such rip off prices, I hope they get stuck with them

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bertie 56

plonker wrote: »
    The touts are having a field day on DD, it's a shame they allow them to advertise tickets for such rip off prices, I hope they get stuck with them

In another way, you can find standing tickets at 100 euros each, which is not really a " rip off price ", compared with the Ticketmaster price ( 97 euros something)

http://www.donedeal.ie/musictickets-for-sale/ac-dc-standing-tickets-100-each/8336187

PS : I'm not the seller !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

That stubhub site is not great if your a buyer, as you have to add 10% plus postage!

Advertisement