Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They do?
    Theyre grand for front of house, however you wont see screens or back of stage

only seem to have the following left look to be right down the side of stage

Section

BLK126
    Row

Y
    Seats

Description

WEST STAND - LOWER
    ORANGE ROUTE STILE F
    RESTRICTED VIEW
    PRICE LEVEL 4

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭plonker

Anyone know what the view from 304 row f would be like, looks okay 2 me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

plonker wrote: »
    Anyone know what the view from 308 row f would be like, looks okay 2 me

Without knowing the size and layout of the stage, it'd be hard to know for sure what the view is like. I doubt the diagram on the Ticketmaster website is an accurate assessment of the stage's potential impact on views.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Without knowing the size and layout of the stage, it'd be hard to know for sure what the view is like. I doubt the diagram on the Ticketmaster website is an accurate assessment of the stage's potential impact on views.
    After seeing some of the posts over the last few days I checked ticketmaster last night and was offered 2 tickets in block 305 premium level(€152 for both incl fees)..its a bit closer to the stage than halfway..Im a big fan..saw them in the Point and really want to go..i was right at the bit where id press for confirmation but your post is exactly why i didnt..spent the 10 minutes of the ticketmaster countdown on ACDC forums trying to find out the stage setup..I think someone said(not sure if on here) that it may be in the round..so all i could think of was that there would be a giant speaker stack or suspended big screen in the way..hopefully im wrong and its just the second stage area at the end of the ramp thats blocked..anyway holding out for standing..Enjoy everyone..Its gonna be some night \m/:D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Is it worth getting restricted views. I looked at ticketmaster and there seats available on the west side. I was originally going to see ACDC in London but I wont be going now. It would be my last chance to see them, any adice would be helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think I got tickets for that 328 Block, I'll be happy wo be in the stadium, if the stage layout is the same I'll be happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Got myself one standing for €100.. Amazing.

nm wrote: »
    Got myself one standing for €100.. Amazing.

nm

were did you get the ticket from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bertie 56

afro man wrote: »
    nm

Donedeal is full of these standing tickets for 100 quids.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭prunudo

Tickets arrived today,,,,hoo haa

Just curious, mine haven't arrived yet, is anybody else still waiting for them to be delivered? I bought them on the day they went on sale by phoning ticket master if that makes any difference.

• Advertisement

bertie 56 wrote: »

plenty of adds but looking to sells in pairs / or more not to many selling a single tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

bertie 56 wrote: »

How would you know if these tickets are genuine or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

ralphie wrote: »
    How would you know if these tickets are genuine or not.

Security at the Aviva will inform you when they scan the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭plonker

If you buy off donedeal and they cancel isn't the refund payed back to the account name they were bought in.seller could get payed twice if anything caused a cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

plonker wrote: »
    If you buy off donedeal and they cancel isn't the refund payed back to the account name they were bought in.seller could get payed twice if anything caused a cancellation

If the seller paid with a card then yes. TM will refund the original buyers card. I know some people will disapprove of StubHub but if you buy through them and the event is cancelled, you'll be protected.

afro man wrote: »
    nm

Got lucky on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Security at the Aviva will inform you when they scan the ticket.
    I kinda had that figured myself.Bit late then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Some people seem to be confused as to why I posed the question, "how many people on here own more than 1 AC/DC records?" a few pages back

Whilst most people understood the nature of it, I am sure there are some proper big AC/DC fans here, but I find the level of hype and demand very surprising, I wouldn't have thought their brand of shock, cock rock and roll would have such a mass appeal in a musical sense

I am of the opinion a large majority are going for the spectacle and event. To mosh and jump about and do what is expected of them. I't really does seem to be the case for most concerts these days. I really don't think there are that many proper music fans around now a days!

ah I like there song from the radio
    I'll go cause their a legendary act
    one more off the bucket list

For those of you about to rock, I salute you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I really don't think there are that many proper music fans around now a days!

I can't stand this kind of elitist snobbishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I can't stand this kind of elitist snobbishness.

What is elitist about expressing a point of view?
    I am not implying essences of grandeur here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Why do you feel the need to debate this? Who cares ..

As long as one enjoys themselves..

As far as I remember , there was plenty of moshing around at ac/dc concerts 20 years ago .

I am of the opinion a large majority are going for the spectacle and event. To mosh and jump about and do what is expected of them.

Oh no jaysis, jumping and everything!

Surely they'll have the good sense to stand there motionless, aurally scrutinising every note, like a real fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

What is elitist about expressing a point of view?
    I am not implying essences of grandeur here!
    Ok fair enough, but what exactly do you mean by a "proper music fan" then?

There's an implication (for one) that there's an improper music fan. And I'd wager that most people, like me, were assuming you mean (by implication) that an improper music fan is one with less than "x" albums; one that hasn't been listening to AC/DC for "y" years; one that hasn't been to "z" concerts. ...all of which is snobbery, and is simple a measure of elitism (my c0ck is bigger than yours).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Some people seem to be confused as to why I posed the question, "how many people on here own more than 1 AC/DC records?" a few pages back

Whilst most people understood the nature of it, I am sure there are some proper big AC/DC fans here, but I find the level of hype and demand very surprising, I wouldn't have thought their brand of shock, cock rock and roll would have such a mass appeal in a musical sense

I am of the opinion a large majority are going for the spectacle and event. To mosh and jump about and do what is expected of them. I't really does seem to be the case for most concerts these days. I really don't think there are that many proper music fans around now a days!

ah I like there song from the radio
    I'll go cause their a legendary act
    one more off the bucket list

For those of you about to rock, I salute you!

If you had mentioned about people chatting at gigs or going in and out for drinks, I think more people would agree with you. But moshing and jumping about??? That's a ridicules comment. Good job you weren't up the front at Kasabian last month. There was serious moshing and jumping about, but it was in line with the music, and you could tell that 99% of the people were ecstatic about the gig. The funny thing is I do recall one guy who just stood there, no movement. Most miserable looking fellow in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

If you had mentioned about people chatting at gigs or going in and out for drinks, I think more people would agree with you. But moshing and jumping about??? That's a ridicules comment. Good job you weren't up the front at Kasabian last month. There was serious moshing and jumping about, but it was in line with the music, and you could tell that 99% of the people were ecstatic about the gig. The funny thing is I do recall one guy who just stood there, no movement. Most miserable looking fellow in the place.

But how do you know he wasn't loving it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

EyesClosed wrote: »
    But how do you know he wasn't loving it?

Yeah, I'd echo this.

I'm 28 now. When I was closer to 20 than 30 I'd always 'mosh' at gigs, but I feel now as if I want to enjoy the music more by paying more attention. Sure, I still love jumping and 'dancing' to bands but there's nothing worse for me now than getting a good standing spot, then finding you're in the middle of a group of teenagers who want to 'mosh'. You're stood there trying to watch/listen to the gig when getting pushed from behind. I can't be arsed to even bring a drink in to the crowd anymore as it rarely survives the trip.

Another thing is what people define as 'moshing'. I've been to ACDC before, as well as Metallica and Slipknot. The latter 2 is real moshing in my eyes. The moshers at those gigs seem a better group of people as well. If anyone falls the moshing is immediately stopped and it's good craic, with very few (if any) hurt or feeling uncomfortable. I went to see Biffy Clyro a few times over the past 2 years and the 'moshers' there were just assholes. It's not even moshing, it's just pushing people over, elbowing and in some cases actually trying to hurt people. Been the same at other concerts I was at recently, including Kasabian, Blink-182 and Paul Weller(!!). 9/10 someone is dragged away hurt or a fight started.

Well aware that as I'm getting older my views are changing on things and I'm more than likely coming across as a miserable bastard, but I wouldn't categorised most as moshing these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Was at Airbourne last year in Dublin and there was this hard as fcuking nails looking auld fella right on the edge of the "pit" he wasn't actually in it but he was right on the cusp. Anyways, this young kid came crashing into him and he just bounced off the old fella like a beach ball. The old fella picked him up, patted him on the head and gave him a knowing nod.

The size of the venue dictates my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm 38 and look like a grumpy f**er at gigs.....but inside my head i'm moshing with the best of them! now f** off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm 38 and look like a grumpy f**er at gigs.....but inside my head i'm moshing with the best of them! now f** off

I'm the same (slightly older though!). I generally stand at gigs with my arms folded, head nodding away but, like you, going crazy inside.

I wonder am I qualified to attend this gig?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm the same (slightly older though!). I generally stand at gigs with my arms folded, head nodding away but, like you, going crazy inside.

I wonder am I qualified to attend this gig?
    i also have awful arthritis!! and sometimes on the edge of the pit i'm braced waiting for a loose cannon mosher to come flying out and bash into my sore spine!!

Advertisement