Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

lots to do by the looks of it.

No backline or sound there yet. Front of house is not built yet . Video and lights not started. Mojos not installed , stage not finished.

Get your finger out lads.....

Residential area.. It is all done in one day Blitzkrieg style.. Locals would rather 100 trucks in 1 day than 10 trucks over 10 days..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very short for the money were paying

I haven't watched the video to which you refer, but I don't think that it is the full concert.

On setlist.fm, it is listed that they played 20 songs in Munich on 19th May.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/acdc/2015/olympiastadion-munich-germany-5bc85fc0.html

I think the word, full, in the description of the video on youtube, is referring to full HD, rather than being the full show?

In Punchestown, on Sunday 28th June 2009, they played 20 songs and the show was about two hours long.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/acdc/2009/punchestown-racecourse-naas-ireland-7bd6724c.html

They played a song extra in Punchestown, Dog Eat Dog, which they didn't play in Dublin on Saturday 18th April 2009.

The Dublin gig, on Saturday 18th April 2009, was a few minutes short of two hours long.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/acdc/2009/the-o2-dublin-ireland-2bd62c3e.html

This video of the Madrid show last month, is just under two hours in length:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Looks like this promised heatwave is going to deliver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Where are you getting the construction progress photos lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Please wash yourselves tomorrow lads!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭andyoz

Never been to Aviva before...

If you have tickets for the Upper Stand is there any way to sneek into the Pitch area halfway through the gig (or do you have to know someone in security)??

I'm in Block 524 Upper, 4th row so probably as good as it's gets up there but I'd say it still feels removed from the action up there..

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Lined up for about 5 or 6 hours on Sunday to get front barrier, was worth it. Show is great, love the setlist. Looking forward to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

andyoz wrote: »
    Never been to Aviva before...

If you have tickets for the Upper Stand is there any way to sneek into the Pitch area halfway through the gig (or do you have to know someone in security)??

I'm in Block 524 Upper, 4th row so probably as good as it's gets up there but I'd say it still feels removed from the action up there..

I was working for a couple of the big gigs in there. People often found the sound in the uppers to be bad.

The bass notes bounce around up there. Maybe they have fixed this problem, but I am bring earplugs just in case. Too much sound makes it inaudible..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Just managed to get 2 standing tickets through the UK ticketmaster site! Delighted!

Am absolutely shattered after 5 days at Rock Werchter but securing these tickets has just given me a second wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just managed to get 2 standing tickets through the UK ticketmaster site! Delighted!

Am absolutely shattered after 5 days at Rock Werchter but securing these tickets has just given me a second wind!

Yeah it seems there's a few available on TB but for some reason since they moved to those foodie picture captchas they don't work on my computer!! Anyone else having this problem with Ticketb*rd captchas?

Got my ticket on Done Deal so all happy now regardless ;)

Any idea what time they take to the stage tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Any idea what time they take to the stage tomorrow?

20:30 according to the email from ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Heading-to-ACDC-this-Wednesday-Heres-what-you-need-to-know-stage-times-etc/366929.htm

All details above.

Can anyone recommend a pub for a gang to meet up in prior to the gig to set the atmosphere?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Bruxelles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Tickets available on ticketmaster now, just got standing tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Beggars Bush is where we go before the football matches, nice outdoor area, burgers on sale and decent pints reasonably quickly delivered as they're used to big crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Tickets are sold out again by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Bruxelles

Cheers, taking your advice and hitting Bruxelles around 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Anyone have any idea where the band are staying? Would love to meet them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Really looking forward to it now.

Haven't seen them live since '91 when I was 17 (please don't do the maths :P).

Still have my Angus dollar bill than they rained down on us back then.

CIvh33WXAAAGlPk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Really looking forward to it now.

Haven't seen them live since '91 when I was 17 (please don't do the maths :P).

Still have my Angus dollar bill than they rained down on us back then.

CIvh33WXAAAGlPk.jpg

Balls have that stupid sound pole blocking my view of the stage. 97.50 for a ticket and I have an obstructed view. Ah well

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Balls have that stupid sound pole blocking my view of the stage. 97.50 for a ticket and I have an obstructed view. Ah well

I'm the same I think. I'm in the lower south stand. All I could get at the time so took them but kind of worried about what kind of view I'll have now. Eyesight isn't as good as it used to be either!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm the same I think. I'm in the lower south stand. All I could get at the time so took them but kind of worried about what kind of view I'll have now. Eyesight isn't as good as it used to be either!

I'm in block 323 row a

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Limited tickets back on TM now...getting tempted not a big fan but just live down the road.

Pingi wrote: »
    Limited tickets back on TM now...getting tempted not a big fan but just live down the road.

You might as well. Great entertainment, good weather, couple of beers. What more could you ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

You might as well. Great entertainment, good weather, couple of beers. What more could you ask for?

A smoking area :)

A smoking area :)

Brian Johnson and Phil Rudd smoked throughout the gig in the Point a few years back. If anyone stops you smoking, point at the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Brian Johnson and Phil Rudd smoked throughout the gig in the Point a few years back. If anyone stops you smoking, point at the stage.

Malcolm also smoked. As far as I recall, it was during Angus's extended solo section of Let There Be Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

no dont! they might get kicked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ciarraiabu1977

Hi all, 2 seated tickets for sale; west stand upper, €195 for both, im selling at €170, PM if interested, these are physical tickets, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭andyoz

Pingi wrote: »

I just went in and got two seated tickets, Premium zone Row A for €207....they're in Block 327 half way down...slightly happy about that!

Advertisement