Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Lumi wrote: »
    @noelmchale from MCD confirmed earlier on Twitter that there was a pit on a first-come-first-served basis

Fair enough. I was just looking at the Twitter photos from yesterday and there was none there. There were a few forklifts moving stuff around so maybe they have to wait until they're finished before putting it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Unless it was only put up today, it doesn't look like there is a pit
    There'll be a pit, purely for crowd safety measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Even better again my brother and me got pit wristbands at around 6.30pm in the RDS well after we came throught the gates, there were still being given out that late here and there.
    nm wrote: »
    All day queues are only for those going for the front rows usually.

At Bruce I was in the pit having turned up about an hour after the gates opened, beside people with '#8' and '#34' and stuff on their hand, which were the numbers marking their spot in the queue they'd been in overnight the night before. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Goreme wrote: »
    It pis*ed down with rain at Punchestown on 2009 and if anything it added to the excitement of the fantatic gig. The memory of Angus in the rain was on everybodys top moments of the gig https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77MQceQXNh4

totally agree. was there myself. great gig. watch out for some thunder that might be heading your way lads. have a great day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Goreme wrote: »
    It pis*ed down with rain at Punchestown on 2009 and if anything it added to the excitement of the fantatic gig. The memory of Angus in the rain was on everybodys top moments of the gig https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77MQceQXNh4

the rain made that gig! Ive been to loads of gigs but I never experienced an atmosphere like that gig. Best pit ive ever been in, and one of, if not the best gig ive ever been to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Nobody need waste their time with raingear and hoodies, its going to be 20C right through the gig and a few sprinkles of rain at worst, which will probably be welcome. thunder storms are now very unlikely

A beautiful night for an outdoor show!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just sound checked back in black. Wish I was going now. Sounded awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yep just heard it out the back of my place in Booterstown:eek:

Gonna be monster sound for the gig. LET THERE BE ROCK!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just had a look at the pitch. There's definitely a pit and a walkway. Stage looks amazing! The wish I could actually be watching it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Nobody need waste their time with raingear and hoodies, its going to be 20C right through the gig and a few sprinkles of rain at worst, which will probably be welcome. thunder storms are now very unlikely

A beautiful night for an outdoor show!

I thought that the last time they played. I got soaked wearing shorts and tshirt . Then the temp dropped and I had to walk to naas. Miserable gig. The pits. I have seen them 9 times tonight. Punchestown was the only time I did not want to be there.

A 1 euro plastic poncho would have turned it around. That weather could turn very easily by the feel of it. Sky is gray here in Naas. Humid, recipe for showers. Stuck in a seat I would rather come prepared.

But im old and wise now. Lots of ac/dc rockers are these days.. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I thought that the last time they played. I got soaked wearing shorts and tshirt . Then the temp dropped and I had to walk to naas. Miserable gig. The pits. I have seen them 9 times tonight. Punchestown was the only time I did not want to be there.

A 1 euro plastic poncho would have turned it around. That weather could turn very easily by the feel of it. Sky is gray here in Naas. Humid, recipe for showers. Stuck in a seat I would rather come prepared.

But im old and wise now. Lots of ac/dc rockers are these days.. LOL

hahaha enjoy the gig. wish i was going now. my uncle has just left for it

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

griffin100 wrote: »
    My seats are in the Corporate Level - is that much the same as Premium does anyone know?

It's better than premium. All private boxes.

Has TVs and stuff in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I'm in the East Stand - Lower...what time dya reckon one should be at the stadium in order to make Vintage Trouble?

I'm in the East Stand - Lower...what time dya reckon one should be at the stadium in order to make Vintage Trouble?

They're on at 7:15 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

They are giving the pit passes out at the red entrance at the moment only to pitch ticket holders

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

Does anyone know if there is usually a bar available for pitch standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭54and56

Is the lineup/warm up acts posted anywhere with estimated start times?

What time is Brian Johnson supposed to be hitting the stage? I'm guessing 8pm or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Is the lineup/warm up acts posted anywhere with estimated start times?

What time is Brian Johnson supposed to be hitting the stage? I'm guessing 8pm or so?

Vintage trouble 7.15
    AC / DC 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭54and56

iMuse wrote: »
    Vintage trouble 7.15
    AC / DC 8.30

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

nm wrote: »
    Still have my bottle cap, lost the vodka though. Terrible, is there spirits at the bar here?

Turn your fukcin phone off and leave it off until you leave the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭griffin100

awec wrote: »
    It's better than premium. All private boxes.

Has TVs and stuff in it.

Fcuk me Corporate is plush. No ques or sweaty aul fellas (yet). Great for an old man like me. Gonna be a great night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Brilliant!

The solo made it for me.

We'll never see them again lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not bad, didn't think the sound was great.

Solo was crap. I hate that self indulgent never ending inaudible shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Unfortunately you may be right big nasty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Thought it was a fantastic gig, sound was great on the pitch, plenty of energy from the boys and very happy with the setlist performed....doesn't get much better than that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Head off to an ed sheeran or one direction gig so moaner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭griffin100

wtf were you doing an AC/DC then???

Amazing gig topped off by perfect weather.

First ever time to see ac/dc live and they put on some show.

griffin100 wrote: »
    wtf were you doing an AC/DC then???

Maybe he thought tonight was going to be the night that they decide for the first time in a million years that they weren't going to include the solo when they played LTBR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Great gig, surprised at them starting bang on 8.30.

Crowd were very docile, virtually no beer/toilet/cameraphone nuisance. Almost made me long for Punchestown 2009 when getting home resembled the final scene of Titanic.

Frightening to think Ed Sheeran is deemed the next generation of stadium gigs.

Advertisement