Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Where did the band stay ??

They stayed in the Merrion Hotel, one of the tabloids had pictures of Angus and Brian outside the hotel in wednesdays paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭andyoz

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Love this pic:

20150701_222803_zpssl2pfeky.jpg

Is that your shot? Any chance of getting the original high resolution version as I can only get a 0.2 Mb file from that link?? Makes a great screen saver..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

andyoz wrote: »
    Is that your shot? Any chance of getting the original high resolution version as I can only get a 0.2 Mb file from that link?? Makes a great screen saver..

It is yeah, I just took it with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

DeeTee100 wrote: »
    Just wondering how and where were the pit passes being given out? I was there before 5 o clock and there was no sign of any. Asked one of the stewards and they said they'd all been given out to people earlier in the day.

We just went in the red route like it said on our tickets and as the guy was scanning the tickets he pointed to three other guys in front of him and said if you want pit passes go to him, i thought i was hearing things especially half an hour before the support act was due on stage.
    My buddy had a theory that he thought it might have been the order in which the pitch tickets were sold.
    I dunno but i wasn't complaining, i felt for the fans that i heard about who were queuing since 9am though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ireland888

Agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

We just went in the red route like it said on our tickets and as the guy was scanning the tickets he pointed to three other guys in front of him and said if you want pit passes go to him, i thought i was hearing things especially half an hour before the support act was due on stage.
    My buddy had a theory that he thought it might have been the order in which the pitch tickets were sold.
    I dunno but i wasn't complaining, i felt for the fans that i heard about who were queuing since 9am though.

So basically if you had a ticket for green route there was almost no chance of getting passes? Seems a bit unfair really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

So basically if you had a ticket for green route there was almost no chance of getting passes? Seems a bit unfair really.

as long as you had a pitch ticket, i didnt matter what route you actually used, I had a green route ticket, went in the red entrance around 6:30, was told by a security guard there were around 1000 bit bands left at that stage, pit was maybe 30% full when we got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

I didn't even look at my e-ticket going in. Apparently I was at the green entrance with my red route ticket and was told to go around the stadium to the red route. Glad I did because I arrived at the red route entrance at 7.30 and got a Pit ticket :)
    as long as you had a pitch ticket, i didnt matter what route you actually used, I had a green route ticket, went in the red entrance around 6:30, was told by a security guard there were around 1000 bit bands left at that stage, pit was maybe 30% full when we got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Out of curiosity, were you permitted to bring the bag and bottle of 'coke' in?

But I was thinking, it would be most inconvenient, if they didn't allow people bring bags, like small backpacks, in.

For example, if people bought merchandise before the gig, they'd need a proper bag with them, rather than a plastic bag which are sometimes given out at merchandise stalls, to ensure items like programmes and posters don't get damaged during the gig.

I had a backpack on - had coats in it for me and herself and a few bottles of water and orange. Wasn't searched or even asked about it. So I could have taken in loads of booze after all lol

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Anyone notice any difference in the performance with Malcolm and Phil Rudd not there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Goreme wrote: »
    Anyone notice any difference in the performance with Malcolm and Phil Rudd not there?

why did you notice any difference ?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

Anyones legs in bits - I can barely walk :p

EPIC gig - best of the best

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Just wondering how and where were the pit passes being given out? I was there before 5 o clock and there was no sign of any. Asked one of the stewards and they said they'd all been given out to people earlier in the day.

up at red route entrance ..i had a general standing ticket green entry steward told me around 6pm the pit might be full but directed me up and another steward said it was full .. arrived up around 6.30pm no bother getting in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Not really. they were were solid enough and well up to the task in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

dubscottie wrote: »
    Sound was poor.. Crap.. Micky Bubble sounded better!

Hi to the poster that got 5 to 1..!!

On level 5 it sounded like Phil Collins on Concorde during LiveAid.. SHQQQQEEEXXX Thunder... SHEQUch.....

100's wanted down.

yeah east stand L5 up a bit from the corner was god awful! is the sound bouncing off the roof? it seemed like that!
    didn't try to get below, others did and failed!

bar ran out of beer :eek: surprisingly soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Similar to others, I arrived at the red route entrance at 6.45 and was given a wristband for the pit..couldn't believe it!

DaveR1000 wrote: »
    Anyones legs in bits - I can barely walk :p

EPIC gig - best of the best

Yes, it always takes a few days to kick in!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Got one going in at the red route after 7pm. You had to go in the lane with the guy giving them out though.

I'd say it was a crowd safety thing to not fill it up until near 8pm. It looked like a smaller pit than normal, and when you were in there, you couldn't get out to the normal standing area.

It seems to be a real lottery as to where you end up at these events?

Security checks seemed dependent on the actual person you walked up to...

Next time I go, I'm going to pack my drinks into rucksack and walk up to security, if they refuse, then just go back onto the street for 15mins and try again, and again...the first time we went to security they said no drinks or food at all but it sound like that isn't the rule for everyone??? The next time we tried my mate walked straight by them without being checked and he had the stash...all good fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

should have feckin went. stupid me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Not at all.....Slade and Stevie did a great job.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

dubscottie wrote: »
    Sound was poor.. Crap.. Micky Bubble sounded better!

Hi to the poster that got 5 to 1..!!

On level 5 it sounded like Phil Collins on Concorde during LiveAid.. SHQQQQEEEXXX Thunder... SHEQUch.....

100's wanted down.

They did, it happens all the time in the aviva concerts. Should've all gone to customer care to complain, that would have been the best shot at being moved - stewards aren't allowed change people's seats.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

They did, it happens all the time in the aviva concerts. Should've all gone to customer care to complain, that would have been the best shot at being moved - stewards aren't allowed change people's seats.

My seats were in the first available row in the south stand which if we had sat we wouldn't have seen the stage (only heads) but before the start there was a steward in a pink hi-viz as opposed to the yellow that the rest of them were wearing who was going to each person in our row asking did we want to move to different seats. She said they were still front row seats but in the west stand and the view might be slightly better. Everyone stayed though and the seats were grand as long as you stood which everyone did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

My seats were in the first available row in the south stand which if we had sat we wouldn't have seen the stage (only heads) but before the start there was a steward in a pink hi-viz as opposed to the yellow that the rest of them were wearing who was going to each person in our row asking did we want to move to different seats. She said they were still front row seats but in the west stand and the view might be slightly better. Everyone stayed though and the seats were grand as long as you stood which everyone did.

Pink hi vis weren't stewards, they were mcd customer care team. They were able to reseat people. The aviva stewards - yellow hi vis - can't do that.

Pink hi vis weren't stewards, they were mcd customer care team. They were able to reseat people. The aviva stewards - yellow hi vis - can't do that.

Ah, ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Acdc for slane 2016 according to the newspapers.

:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

PTH2009 wrote: »

Still be nice to see them back again......no matter where they are playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

PTH2009 wrote: »

I really hope not Slane is a pile of **** worst place to hold a concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I reckon it is just "creative" journalism. ACDC went down well during the week. So a paper said "oh wait, can just say they are playing Slane next year". Nobody to care enough about suing them.

Advertisement