Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Jesus the promoters are really getting tickets on sale for every 2015 gig before Christmas the sly bástards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

How difficult will it be to get 2 tickets online? I have a Ticketmaster account. If I'm ready to go before 9am, and just keep hitting refresh, what kind of chance have I got? Or is it just a total lottery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

How difficult will it be to get 2 tickets online? I have a Ticketmaster account. If I'm ready to go before 9am, and just keep hitting refresh, what kind of chance have I got? Or is it just a total lottery?

No problem. I have never failed to get any tickets I wanted. Just be patient and don't refresh or leave the page once you're in.

It won't sell out anyway. Be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭bennyl10

More than likely won't sell straight away.. Seen a lot more people say it's too expensive than say are going..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Moocifer

Last went to see them both times they played in 2009 so was thrilled when they announced the gig this morning. Then I seen the date of sale and the price. No way on earth I'll be able to buy tickets next Wednesday morning. It's just too close to Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

Better off getting tickets online or at a ticketmaster agent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Watching Live at River Plate there on youtube. Think I will have to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

nm wrote: »
    Watching Live at River Plate there on youtube. Think I will have to go.

Exactly what I'm doing. Whole Lotta Rosie - fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I was really hoping for a gig announcement but at those prices the week before Christmas there isn't a hope in hell. This is price gouging from the promotors. At least with Bruce Springsteen we got a 3 hour show for a similar fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

In regards to price, yes its expensive. But isnt every gig these days????

To put it in perspective - Damien Rice is 50 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

It is very expensive but to see AC/DC live is very special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Couldn't care less what price the tickets are. It's bloody AC/DC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is there a presale for this? I'm almost certain I saw a countdown to a presale on ticket master earlier today for Monday, but can't see it there now.

Edit: I see the countdown to the general sale there now, but definitely said presale before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Definitely going!

I see tickets are 87.50-97.50 sure 87.50 for standing? Steep is stating the obvious but they on the list this has to be done.

Their last outdoor gig here was €75 and that was for more people in a less easier to get to location, 7 years on unfortunately the price makes sense even if it is clearly a rip off hopefully some decent support acts can soften the blow a tad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Officer999 wrote: »
    Dissappointed with the venue choice. Was hoping they would play Slane

Me too.
    dobman88 wrote: »
    No. It won't. Be plenty of tickets left over right up until July for this!

Yes. It will.
    eviltwin wrote: »
    Are they worth the money? I don't mind paying for a really good show but don't want to do so if they just go through the motions.

They just go through the motions...but it's a really good show and they're worth the money. Well...they did in '09 anyway.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

nm wrote: »
    Madness.

Slane should be retired as a venue. The Aviva is perfect for this.

Agreed Slane is a ****hole, terrible sound awful place besides the o2 Aviva is the next best thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Problem isn't that there won't be tickets left bu the ones that are will be crap seats as standing will dissapear in minutes.Might chance Wembley instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

DrumSteve wrote: »
    That has to be a joke.

No, to be a joke it would have to be funny...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

This will surely be a fun concert, and hopefully these old timers can deliver a real and deserving show for you who are to part with €100 to see them.

I will draw the line at this greedy racket once again and hope that this timely stunt by the promoters backfires.

fat chance unfortunately!

It seems most concerts have all jumped from €50 to €100+ in recent times. Not just your true artists like Bruce Springsteen or Leonard Cohen, it seems most pop tosh want in on the action too. I'm not saying AC/DC are in this league by any means but €100 including booking fee is a bit rich for them. Ah well maybe Phill Rudd will buy a new Lambo and put a hit out on some unfortunate bugger with the loot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Is there a presale for this? I'm almost certain I saw a countdown to a presale on ticket master earlier today for Monday, but can't see it there now.

Edit: I see the countdown to the general sale there now, but definitely said presale before.

Last time around, there was a presale for fan club members, probably still the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dr.pepper123

thinking of getting tickets as a Christmas present for my parents, does anybody know if there will definitely be seats? i'm in two minds about queing up or going online for tickets...

thinking of getting tickets as a Christmas present for my parents, does anybody know if there will definitely be seats? i'm in two minds about queing up or going online for tickets...

It's in a stadium so of course there will be seats. Queing up or going online makes no difference apart from getting soaked wet and freezing cold queing. You will get them online no problem. Just log into your ticketmaster account during the week and make sure all your details are correct so you save time on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'm with the people surprised at venue choice (thought it would have been Slane, Aviva generally caters to pop acts).

For the people saying this will be their last ever Irish gig, we'd be more likely (after this show) to get future gigs from AC/DC than Brian Wilson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No, they remove all the seats. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dobman88 wrote: »
    It's in a stadium so of course there will be seats. Queing up or going online makes no difference apart from getting soaked wet and freezing cold queing. You will get them online no problem. Just log into your ticketmaster account during the week and make sure all your details are correct so you save time on the day.

Most importantly, make sure you have your Verified by Visa password sorted, that's screwed a lot of people over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'm with the people surprised at venue choice (thought it would have been Slane, Aviva generally caters to pop acts).

For the people saying this will be their last ever Irish gig, we'd be more likely (after this show) to get future gigs from AC/DC than Brian Wilson.

Brian Wilson has played here a good bit in recent years. He was in The Marquee Cork last July with Al Jardine. I just checked on google there and I didn't notice any recent reference to him not planning to tour again. He has a new album next year.

here is a news item from his site about the new album

http://www.brianwilson.com/

"No Pier Pressure
    "I wanted to share some very exciting news with you – my new album ‘No Pier Pressure’ is finally finished and will be out in Spring of 2015! Full details will be announced after the first of the year. Check out the album art designed by Daria Wilson. Love and Mercy"

– Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

poundhound wrote: »
    Yes I agree €87.50 is ridiculous, but how much were you expecting the tickets to cost?
    I thought it would be a bit less. Don't forget the service charge if buying online will be €6.85 per ticket. A lot of people see this "Tickets from €87.50 Including Booking Fee" and wrongly think thats the fee.

So most people will be paying €94.35 or the dearer ones will be €104.35

The O2 was
    AC/DC
    The O2, Dublin,
    Sat 18 Apr 2009, 18:30

Seat location: section STAND
    Total Charge: €148.10
    So €74.05 including the online fees for standing.

I remember those tickets going for stupid money. Then punchestown came out and they were charging more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Are there no seated tickets at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's in a stadium, of course there are

• Advertisement

This has to be a troll, surely!

Advertisement