Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

15070s.jpg

I wonder will there be a sectioned off pit section

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

nm wrote: »
    I wonder will there be a sectioned off pit section

Read somewhere that Hellfest went for them this year, but their stage setup wouldn't fit in at festivals cos its in-the-round. So the stage will be in middle of the pitch. Sounds bit odd when seating plan doesn't show that effect though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mushy wrote: »
    Read somewhere that Hellfest went for them this year, but their stage setup wouldn't fit in at festivals cos its in-the-round. So the stage will be in middle of the pitch

I absolutely hate shows that are in the round. That explains why slane is out of the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

what's the aviva like as a venue.
    better than croke park, can you buy a drink there ? In croker you couldn't even buy a beer in the standing area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mikekerry wrote: »
    what's the aviva like as a venue.
    better than croke park, can you buy a drink there ? In croker you couldn't even buy a beer in the standing area.
    I've only been there once, but beer was very easily accessible! There were people literally walking around selling beer from cooler bags on their back. I was impressed, I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why oh why are you allowed to buy 8 tickets at a time on Ticketmaster for this?

Surely this is only playing into the hands of touts?

If I had my way, it would be limited to 2 each. At least then someone and their partner can go. If you want to attend as a group, tough, fight it out on the internet for tickets like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

No Presales for UK dates imagine same for this just a scatter for tickets in general sale so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

NIMAN wrote: »
    If I had my way, it would be limited to 2 each. .

IIRC the O2 gig on the Black Ice tour was limited to 2 per person

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dr.pepper123

Going to try for this in the morning...if I can't get them, well, plan B for Christmas present haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They're be no I.D to match tickets for this gig will there? My best friend wants me to order two on my account so her fiancee doesn't see it in theirs as it's a surprise so the tickets will be in my name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Going to try for this in the morning...if I can't get them, well, plan B for Christmas present haha!

Are they on sale in the morning or on Wednesday morning?

Can't afford them so really hope it doesn't sell out before the first week in Jan.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    They're be no I.D to match tickets for this gig will there? My best friend wants me to order two on my account so her fiancee doesn't see it in theirs as it's a surprise so the tickets will be in my name.

No ID required

Why oh why are you allowed to buy 8 tickets at a time on Ticketmaster for this?

Surely this is only playing into the hands of touts?

If I had my way, it would be limited to 2 each. At least then someone and their partner can go. If you want to attend as a group, tough, fight it out on the internet for tickets like everyone else.

That would just be annoying and any group than need more than two all trying at the same time would just further add to the bottle neck queue on the morning of sale which makes no sense, and it wouldn't stop any touting either as Ticketmaster seem to have a few back doors for touts, hence the tickets going up on tout sites and ebay minutes after going on sale or beforehand even.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dr.pepper123

dobman88 wrote: »

Can't afford them so really hope it doesn't sell out before the first week in Jan.

Oh my gosh!! Haha sorry, if I had brains I would be dangerous! I'm a day ahead of myself, was freaking out because I never got to do a Quick Lodge in the bank! :)

dobman88 wrote: »

You serious?

It'll sell out in minutes.

That would just be annoying and any group than need more than two all trying at the same time would just further add to the bottle neck queue on the morning of sale which makes no sense, and it wouldn't stop any touting either as Ticketmaster seem to have a few back doors for touts, hence the tickets going up on tout sites and ebay minutes after going on sale or beforehand even.

Don't agree. Sod 'groups' trying to get tickets all together. Most people don't know 7 other people well enough!!

Let's be honest, there will be loads of people getting through the website on Wednesday morning taking all 8 tickets even if they need 2, cos they know they will be able to flog the other 6.

Even a max of 4 would help a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

help who?
    it won't help ticketmaster/the promoters/bands.
    so why would they bother their arse?

the more tickets they can shift, the better.

some "in demand" gigs have been limited to 2 per customer. there's still tickets up on ebay minutes later...

help who?

the more tickets they can shift, the better.

some "in demand" gigs have been limited to 2 per customer. there's still tickets up on ebay minutes later.

There will always be tickets up for sale mins later, that the nature of touting.

How you think AC/DC isn't an 'in demand' concert I'll never know? Should be 2, but thats only my opinion. By all means have the limit at 8 for Imelda May or Christy Moore, but for artists that are not i the country too often, limit should not be 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

There will always be tickets up for sale mins later, that the nature of touting.

How you think AC/DC isn't an 'in demand' concert I'll never know? Should be 2, but thats only my opinion. By all means have the limit at 8 for Imelda May or Christy Moore, but for artists that are not i the country too often, limit should not be 8.

Standing will sell, really don't think they'll sell the whole thing..
    Will be like Punchestown when tickets are freely available before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Standing will sell, really don't think they'll sell the whole thing..
    Will be like Punchestown when tickets are freely available before hand.

People always buy more tickets than they need and closer to the day, the friends they thought might want to go decide not to and loads of tickets become available.

• Advertisement

You serious?

It'll sell out in minutes.

I have no doubt that you will be proven wrong. This is far too much of an expense this close to xmas for most people, ACDC or not! If it does sell out, fair play to them but I think the generation that ACDC will attract aren't this foolish and January will be a fine time to get tickets.

Let's be honest, there will be loads of people getting through the website on Wednesday morning taking all 8 tickets even if they need 2, cos they know they will be able to flog the other 6.

That's a risky enough outlay of €600 or so. I don't see it.

The most anti-touting measure in place here is actually the price, we're going nuts about the 90€ already, you really think people are going to pay double that? No way.

Be different if the tickets were €50 and the touts doubled that but no one is gonna fork out 200 plus for these (let's hope)

That's a risky enough outlay of €600 or so. I don't see it.

The most anti-touting measure in place here is actually the price, we're going nuts about the 90€ already, you really think people are going to pay double that? No way.

Be different if the tickets were €50 and the touts doubled that but no one is gonna fork out 200 plus for these (let's hope)

The biggest problem with touts is the idiots buying off touts!

because there's 50,000 tickets, not 1000 for some Olympia gig by the hottest act of the moment.

it'll probably sell out, but it won't be a 9:01am sell out like some other gigs...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Any idea on who will support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

How do you sell electronic tickets? Or more importantly, how do you buy an electronic ticket, and have any confidence that the seller isn't selling the same ticket to 10 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

scared too think i wont get 2 tickets for this as it will sell out in record time

going to go for 2 seated tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

help who?
    Help the fans, which many bands and ticketmaster themselves have often stated they want to do. Many of them claim to care about the touting issue but do fuck about it.

So I would agree with you, it does not help the 2 faced hypocritical scumbags so they do nothing. They only have to pay one postal cost to send out the 8 tickets, with a €6.85 surcharge on each of those 8 tickets for buying online that is €54.80 above what tickets.ie would charge if they were able to sell them for this gig, and presumably tickets.ie would be making a healthy profit. And ticketmaster have the admin cost of processing just 1 sale on their system.

I'd say they would love to get away with higher limits but have to keep up some appearance of tackling the issue, a pathetic attempt.
    +1, ebay has made it easier for these casual touts as they can put it up for auction (rather than a buyitnow at face value) and when it goes for huge money they can just shrug and say it was out of their hands, and claim they did not set out to make a fortune/take advantage of people.
    RainyDay wrote: »
    How do you sell electronic tickets? Or more importantly, how do you buy an electronic ticket, and have any confidence that the seller isn't selling the same ticket to 10 people?
    :confused: check ebay, adverts.ie and toutless. e-tickets are sold all the time, people take the risk. And if you buy online you can still have regular tickets posted to you.

rubadub wrote: »
    Help the fans, which many bands and ticketmaster themselves have often stated they want to do. Many of them claim to care about the touting issue but do fuck about it.

So I would agree with you, it does not help the 2 faced hypocritical scumbags so they do nothing. They only have to pay one postal cost to send out the 8 tickets, with a €6.85 surcharge on each of those 8 tickets for buying online that is €54.80 above what tickets.ie would charge if they were able to sell them for this gig, and presumably tickets.ie would be making a healthy profit. And ticketmaster have the admin cost of processing just 1 sale on their system.

I'd say they would love to get away with higher limits but have to keep up some appearance of tackling the issue, a pathetic attempt.
    not sure how you work that out.
    any of the few gigs that i've seen available on both sites, tickets.ie has always been more expensive than buying on tickemaster.
    i specifically bought tickets on TM a few months back because tickets.ie was €2 more expensive per ticket.

anyway, it doesn't really help the fans in this case, it's a huge gig, it won't be an issue buying when they go on sale.
    plenty of gigs are limited to 2 tickets per transaction, so they are doing something about it.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    scared too think i wont get 2 tickets for this as it will sell out in record time

going to go for 2 seated tickets

You will. It won't.

Be grand.

Advertisement