Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ticketmaster don't care about touting. They tout themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Any idea on who will support?

Wondering about this myself, I'd feel a whole lot better about the price if we got say, Faith No More, but I won't hold my breath, especially if it sells out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PirlosBeard

Heard a rumour that it'd be Slash. Makes sense, he supported them on the last tour and is due in Europe around then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Any tips on good seated seats? Haven't been to this venue so have no idea. I presume level 1 would be preferable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Heard a rumour that it'd be Slash. Makes sense, he supported them on the last tour and is due in Europe around then.

Whoever it is, there'll probably only be one support. There was only one at Punchestown and this time it's on a weekday in the middle of the City so I doubt they'll get away with having anything on before 5 or 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

is it 'in the round'?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kennage

Whoever it is, there'll probably only be one support. There was only one at Punchestown and this time it's on a weekday in the middle of the City so I doubt they'll get away with having anything on before 5 or 6.

The Answer & The Blizzards supported them in Punchestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

For those that haven't seen them before €100 is NOT a rip off. They are fu*king awesome live.
    Can't wait to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭prunudo

Kennage wrote: »
    The Answer & The Blizzards supported them in Punchestown.

Did somebody like the Arctic Monkeys or Keiser Chiefs not support them as well?

jvan wrote: »

No it was just the them 2 & it was the Answer in the o2 as far as I remember, then when I went over to Paris to see them Slash was the support act.

• Advertisement

jvan wrote: »

No it was just them 2 & it was the Answer in the o2 as far as I remember, then when I went over to Paris to see them Slash was the support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭prunudo

No it was just them 2 & it was the Answer in the o2 as far as I remember, then when I went over to Paris to see them Slash was the support act.

I remember the Answer and was impressed by them. Must have been another gig at punchestown that I saw the others, just remember thinking they were awful live. The memory is failing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

not sure how you work that out.
    any of the few gigs that i've seen available on both sites, tickets.ie has always been more expensive than buying on tickemaster.
    i specifically bought tickets on TM a few months back because tickets.ie was €2 more expensive per ticket.
    I have never seen this. What gig was it?

I checked a gig there likely to be sold on both, vicar street vibe for philo.

€30 on ticketmaster and with fees its €33.75 for box office collection, or posted out to you, or e-tickets
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Vibe-for-Philo-tickets/artist/1648670?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

€30 on tickets.ie with no fees if you collect at box office. and only €1.50 PER ORDER if you do want them posted, ticketmaster are €3.75 per ticket extra.

https://secure.tickets.ie/Listing/EventInformation/20860/29th-vibe-for-philo-vicar-street-04-January-2015

So if tickets.ie had this gig and you got 8 tickets €54.80 less for box office collection or €53.30 less for them to be sent out.

TM charge 12.5% of the ticket value as the service charge with a max of €6.85 per ticket.

I have never been charged more on tickets.ie, you are talking about buying from TM online right? not the paying cash at a kiosk trick or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭endainoz

Could people please stop whinging about the price? yes there expensive but there well worth it. If you think they cost too much don't go. Anyone care to name a setlist?

1. Play ball
    2. Shoot to thrill
    3. Back in black
    4. Rock or bust
    5. He'll ain't a bad place to be
    5. Dirty deeds
    6. Thunderstruck
    7. Shot down in flames
    8. The jack
    9. You shook me all night long
    10. Hard as a rock
    11. War machine
    12. High voltage
    13. Hells Bells
    14. Whole lotta Rosie
    15. TNT
    16. Let there be rock
    17. Money talks
    18. Highway to hell
    19. For those about to rock

Some of those are a bit wishful but reckon the set list won't be massively different from the black ice tour, roll on next July!!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I think Thin Lizzy were supposed to be supporting but the drummer got injured(As far as I remember the blizzards were their replacement)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ticket prices now up on ticketmaster tickets are in fact starting at €92.50, That means with fees etc. be pushed to almost €100 a ticket for standing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

.... almost €100 a ticket for standing :eek:
    "Neck ties, contracts, high voltage ...
    DONE DIRT CHEAP!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ticket prices now up on ticketmaster tickets are in fact starting at €92.50, That means with fees etc. be pushed to almost €100 a ticket for standing :eek:

Just saw that aswell. Ridiculous prices. If this sells out at all, never mind tomorrow, they'll be doing very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

92.50!! A week before Christmas?! Seriously?! Before the booking fee..

Ridiculous doesn't even do it justice..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wifey and i love DC and will be going but no way will we be buying tickets this week, fcukin cheeky of them to spring that on people a week before christmas, couldn;t they have just announced it and said tickets on sale 2nd wk on Jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Can anyone tell me how many tickets I can buy in one go? I'm going to need to buy 5 standing tomorrow morning.

Doesnt look like it's 'in the round' going by the lay out on TM now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Can anyone tell me how many tickets I can buy in one go? I'm going to need to buy 5 standing tomorrow morning.

You can buy 6 at a time.

You can buy 6 at a time.

Oh sweet, thanks for the info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

I've been following AC/DC all my life and have been lucky enough to see them 5 times since 2001.

But, these prices are ridiculous!

I'm in two minds and don't know what to do :(
    Spend €100 on a ticket and be seriously broke for Christmas...Or, miss out on the ticket and possibly regret it.

It's a nightmare :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You can buy 6 at a time.

Yep, double checked it on ticketmaster, 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Anyone else a little :confused::confused: about the countdown timer.

Hopefully just refreshing works.

And yes, WAY too overpriced at this time of year!

wait time 2 minutes, then 3 minutes, then 4 minutes, now 7 minutes

come on come on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

its crapping out on me :-(

hoping to get Wembley tickets, but want these as a cover.

wait time was 2 minutes.... now 5.... rising slowly

Advertisement