Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Is it sold out? Been trying over an hour and just keep getting:

Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

funk-you wrote: »

-Funk

Yeah all gone it seems, my connection died when I was in the first queue so I had to restart at about 10 past 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Ah cack. Thanks.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sold out quickly, as I predicted.
    And to think some people were going to hang on to January cos there would be tickets left!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

funk-you wrote: »

-Funk

Ticketmaster's system rarely acknowledges things are completely sold out. This seems to be because tickets that aren't generally available such as tickets reserved for the handicapped and their helpers are in the system as still available.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    And to think some people were going to hang on to January cos there would be tickets left!

I honestly thought you were way off on this so fair play. However I wouldn't be surprised if Ticketmaster find a whole bunch of tickets under a couch the month before this shows up, the secondary market tanks as a result and there are plenty of tickets looking for owners on the run up to the day. It seems to be a very consistent pattern for anything with a large capacity these days. Anyone panicing and throwing money at touts for tickets now will be regretting it come the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

I was walking to work when I saw the queue outside St Stephen's Green. Forgot the tickets were on sale today. Said f*ck it, joined the queue and happened to get the very last two tickets! Up in the gods opposite the stage, better than nothing.

Cannot understand why those utter c*nts Ticketmaster would allow someone to buy 8 tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Says it's sold out here - http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/acdc-tickets-for-dublin-gig-sold-out-in-minutes-30844092.html

Anyone know the capacity of the Aviva for concerts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Logged onto tickermaster at 8:30, had the got the confirmation email at 9:06 for my standing tickets :D

Thing thats more annoying, if its sold out, why in God's name are Ticketmaster letting people waste their time going through the process of trying to get tickets, only to tell them they can't fulfil the requirement?

@Toast, yeah its almost guaranteed there will be another release of tickets for it in a few months time, or else a 2nd date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Hopefully more will go on sale closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

HighLine wrote: »

In the region of 55,000 depending on stage and lighting set up on the pitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Here''s something to bear in mind.

I think that the folk who have Aviva season tickets are entitled to an option on their seat.
    Much like Croke Park.

These seats will be released once those options are not taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

http://www.donedeal.ie/musictickets-for-sale/pitch-standing-tickets/8319580
    €250 a ticket??
    Id go to the the UK and see them rather than pay that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

FYI, there are some single seats still available for Wembley

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

lambayire wrote: »

I think that the folk who have Aviva season tickets are entitled to an option on their seat.
    Much like Croke Park.

Aviva don't have season ticket holders, the FAI does.

I would highly doubt this is the case, I've never heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I logged on to ticketb@stard's UK site at 10.40 and was able to pick up three standing tickets for Glasgow, no problem at all. I was on the Irish site at 9.00am and got nothing until about 9.40, when it offered me a couple of seats on the roof of Lansdowne Road. I passed on those, load of me hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

And people say that 1D and Bieber fans pay too much for tickets. Can't believe that sold out so close to xmas. Good luck to everyone going but I couldn't ever justify that expense regardless of who played!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Toast wrote: »
    However I wouldn't be surprised if Ticketmaster find a whole bunch of tickets under a couch the month before this shows up, the secondary market tanks as a result and there are plenty of tickets looking for owners on the run up to the day. It seems to be a very consistent pattern for anything with a large capacity these days.

They usually do that with the sort of 'not-sold-out-at-all-but-sounds-better-to-say-it's-sold-out-to-drum-up-some-reluctant-sales' gigs, like say Kings of Leon at Slane, stuff that was still on sale for hours, or the 5th night of Garth Brooks.

I don't see more going on sale when the event was gone completely in minutes, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

So disappointed not to get a ticket,the queue at Ticketmaster in Cork wasn't even that long.......and even more sickening to see the touts at it already.......b**tards!!!!! Fingers crossed that more will be released or even better(although unlikely) a 2nd date will be added!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

How long does it take to pack up & move a stage roughly?

They're playing Glasgow on the Sunday before & Wembley on the Saturday after

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭endainoz

got tickets for wembley, pitch standing, will be an amazing gig but kinda sickened about having to pay for flights and accommodation now! Still, itll be an amazing gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bored Capri

lambayire wrote: »

Much like Croke Park.

10 yr ticket holders had the option to buy yesterday, limited to 2 tickets in most cases. I imagine tickets that were not taken yesterday got thrown back into the pot for this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I had 3 tickets for standing. clicked to buy and website cr@pped itself and put me back to the waiting list. Got 2 tickets in upper tier sect 525 eventually. better than nothing

Sold out "in minutes"

I have to laugh at the last twitter comment shown, I think the exact opposite, because evidence from touting sites shows that a not inconsiderable percentage of the tickets have likely been bought by profiteering w@nkers rather than genuine fans. Celtic Tiger mentality returns = no hope for the country.

Do I sound bitter? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

A lot of singles appearing near the front rows in south upper so pretty far away but may suit some - every 5th search in firefox I got a chance to purchase in the last 15 mins - have been checking since 9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

NIMAN wrote: »

I wasn't hanging on until January by choice. Unable to afford it was the reason. What recession?

heroics wrote: »
    I had 3 tickets for standing. clicked to buy and website cr@pped itself and put me back to the waiting list. Got 2 tickets in upper tier sect 525 eventually. better than nothing

Not much, I actually didn't bother taking upper tier tickets when they were eventually offered to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

http://www.donedeal.ie/musictickets-for-sale/pitch-standing-tickets/8319580
    €250 a ticket??
    Id go to the the UK and see them rather than pay that price!

The ad was gone by the time I registered for an account to send him abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

frash wrote: »
    How long does it take to pack up & move a stage roughly?

They're playing Glasgow on the Sunday before & Wembley on the Saturday after

Usually there's two or three stages.
    One being taken down one being used and one been put up. Or maybe just 2 one being used and one been taken down/put up

Advertisement