Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Trouble - lost recovery key

• 12-12-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Due to utter idiocy (and lack of sleep with kids), I've put myself into a pickle.

I changed my Apple account password last Friday. But the password I thought I changed it to doesn't work. Have tried every variation I can think of but I think i've been too smart arsed and stupid for my own good.

Problem is - what I thought was the Apple recovery key is actually an Microsoft account recovery key. So I don't have my apple one.

Help? :( Am I screwed? I still have all my devices (iPhone, iPad, Macbook) all using this account. I have allot of music and apps attached to this account. The backups don't bother me that much cos everything is saved locally.

What are my options here? :(

Thanks for all advice.

Quad

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

quad_red wrote: »
    Folks,

Due to utter idiocy (and lack of sleep with kids), I've put myself into a pickle.

I changed my Apple account password last Friday. But the password I thought I changed it to doesn't work. Have tried every variation I can think of but I think i've been too smart arsed and stupid for my own good.

Problem is - what I thought was the Apple recovery key is actually an Microsoft account recovery key. So I don't have my apple one.

Help? :( Am I screwed? I still have all my devices (iPhone, iPad, Macbook) all using this account. I have allot of music and apps attached to this account. The backups don't bother me that much cos everything is saved locally.

What are my options here? :(

Thanks for all advice.

Quad
    you have no options im afraid. was a post about this on 9to5 either at the start of the week or the end of last week. basically unless you can find the key. youll have no choice but to start a new account.

edit heres the link* http://9to5mac.com/2014/12/09/apple-id-recovery-key/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

With all the content (music, apps etc.) attached to this account gone?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccck :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Oh jesus. Found a copy of the Recovery Key I printed out a few months ago and it thankfully hasn't changed.

Total brown trouser moment there.
    :eek:

Advertisement