Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Match Thread*** Tuesday 16th Dec Vs Dell 8pm Colm

• 12-12-2014 10:45am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A good battle against Dell last time, after going down early by 2-0 we got it back with 2-2 and Dell got a third close to the end.

A good performance last week, lets pick up another 3 points before Christmas

Cathal - Out
    Ciaran - In
    Damo -In
    Darren - In

Derek McL - In
    Ed - In
    Jules - In
    Keith - In

SteK - Out
    SteMcd - out
    Dave - In
    Calvin -
    Kieran -In
    Al - Out
    Kenny - Out

Jack -In

Rob - In

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

IN.

these guys beat us with a late free kick the last time, but for most of the game stuffed us and should have been out of sight before we got back to 2-2.

they sat back and picked us off time and time again on the break so we need to keep our shape

a win here is a must, we will need our best performance of the season to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I'm properly motivated anyway. I'm still waiting on those feckers to deliver my new laptop for work so they're gonna pay for that on the pitch! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

out.

last game before xmas, right? gives me a chance to get fit i suppose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yep last game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Doubtful for tomorrow lads, hamstring is still really sore, was killing me just after a round of golf on Saturday. Ill go for a light jog after work to see how it holds up and report back tomorrow.

allybhoy wrote: »
    Doubtful for tomorrow lads, hamstring is still really sore, was killing me just after a round of golf on Saturday. Ill go for a light jog after work to see how it holds up and report back tomorrow.

We could do with you but tbh that sounds like something you should rest up and give yourself a chance to fully recover over Xmas.

Steos not feelin the best anyone coming through the Palmerstown area on there way to the match?

mrDerek wrote: »
    Steos not feelin the best anyone coming through the Palmerstown area on there way to the match?

Can't do that myself but If you can get yourself there I'll drop you home.

• Advertisement

nice one damo i might be able to talk steo around to lifting me up at least i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Derek, I'll get you, usual spot around 720?

ok cheers des hopefully the rain lets up a bit

if you want to PM me an address I'll go there insead

no dont worry about it me das droppin me down to the spot on his way to work so will be grand

cool, just so we are clear, it's outside the shop, not over the other side where the houses are

Man, I've lost count of the number of games where I've come off thinking we should've won easy and instead we've gotten nothing.

I'm sorry about their second last goal - totally let the guy out muscle me too easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Mousewar wrote: »
    Man, I've lost count of the number of games where I've come off thinking we should've won easy and instead we've gotten nothing.

I'm sorry about their second last goal - totally let the guy out muscle me too easily.

It was a mismatch you were left at the back against a guy weighing 20 stone who was 6 ft.

Depressing game to lose, should have been 4 0 up in first 15 minutes.

dno what to say we should never be losing a game were we are up a man the entire hour :/
    anyway have a happy christmas all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Their 11th man arrived after about 5 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, I know we had a ridiculous number of core squad members unavailable tonight, but sometimes you just have to call it like it is and say we were pretty poor tonight. Frustrating as hell that we have to wait until the new year to put it right, but do that we will.

Anyways, playing for Boardeaux in 2014 has once again been a pleasure, thanks lads and enjoy your Christmas....but not too much, we have wrongs to right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Their 11th man arrived after about 5 minutes

Eh, pretty sure he made it 10-men, sad to say.

Eh, pretty sure he made it 10-men, sad to say.

:(:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mousewar wrote: »

i wouldnt worry about it, the ball travelled far too far from the throw, it should have been cleared, your man was really strong and he finished it well. i think every one of the back 5 were responsible for a mistake for one of their goals, all of them were avoidable in some way. in saying that, we got 2 very soft goals that came from errors for them, so i guess we shouldnt beat ourselves up too much about it.

it was a very frustrating game, we were very good going forward, but shocking defensively as they looked like scoring every time they attacked.

i had my poorest game in about 2 years also, i just couldnt get going and while i dont think id any chance with the last 4 goals, i should have done much better for the first one - i thought it was going wide and at the last minute it just seemed to scrape in off the post and i didnt get a strong enough hand on it.

on another night, id have kept out the second one also :(.

one more thing, 2 weeks ago we were losing 1-0 with 10 minutes to go and left in 4 in the last 8-10 minutes. last night we were winning 3-2 with 7-8 minutes left and left in 4 goals (it was 4-4 with less than 5 minutes to go).

thats down to not only lack of drive to the last minute, but an obsession to pile forward and then not track back. obviously we need to have all our defenders out, but you defend as a team and last night again we were horribly exposed to direct ball, they just walked through us 4 times in the last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

Very frustrating game last night lads. I think the man advantage seemed to affect our mentality quite a bit, we went all out to finish them off and got caught out with stupid goals in the second half in particular. Maybe if we had been a bit more patient after going 2 up and used our advantage it might have been a different story, easy to say in hindsight though. The two goals we gave away in the first half were both particularly poor, I got a smack in the face in the run up to the first one which left my man free for a couple of seconds. I have a lovely fat lip today for my troubles anyway!

The differences between our shape last week and last night were huge, we seemed very compact last week and never really looked like conceding whereas they were getting shots off at ease last night and almost all of their goals came from shots around the edge of the area. Obviously, we had a few changes in the back line last night but we also seemed to be a bit more patient and better organised in our play last week.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good Christmas and see ye all next year where we can only improve!

Advertisement