Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travelling to Asia

• 12-12-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm wondering if anyone here has travelled to Asia as part of a group?

I'm interested in going for about 6-8 weeks. I'd like to hear what your experiences were, the people in your group and the cost of the holiday.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Well, I haven't travelled as a group (except for small group weekend excursions in Asia) and always felt sorry for big groups. The feeling of independent travelling is intoxicating, and lots of Asia is very safe and people are helpful so you can easily get around.

Still, if you'd like to go with a big group, there are a good few people here who have. You could also check in with Trailfinders for some more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

LuLa0826 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone here has travelled to Asia as part of a group?

I'm interested in going for about 6-8 weeks. I'd like to hear what your experiences were, the people in your group and the cost of the holiday.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    sarkozy wrote: »
    Well, I haven't travelled as a group (except for small group weekend excursions in Asia) and always felt sorry for big groups. The feeling of independent travelling is intoxicating, and lots of Asia is very safe and people are helpful so you can easily get around.

Still, if you'd like to go with a big group, there are a good few people here who have. You could also check in with Trailfinders for some more information.

asia_map.gif

How can anyone answer that question?

I'm assuming that by 'Asia' the person means the 'usual countries'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

have never been but have only heard stories. my brother has been to vietnam (ho chi minh)--dirt cheap, kinda dirty, but nice people.
    friends of friends have been to laos and cambodia--, they loved it. more friends of friends have been to nepal and burma..unreal, just mesmerising.

india can be a bit dodge is you're a girl going on your own or with just one other girl. i know of a couple who went there. the woman, when in say a hotel or pub, was blatantly ignored. the waiter would be like, what does she want to eat (to the womans husband)..yet in the street, she was frequently groped. Police turned a blind eye or just laughed about it.

I didn't find Vietnam 'dirty'. To a westerner, it might look dirty, but honestly, I never see as much dirt as I do in Dublin city centre on a weekend. Actually, South-East Asian and Chinese people usually take great pride in keeping their cities and towns clean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement