Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope for anschutz msr rx22

Options
  • 12-12-2014 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking to get a new scope for an anschutz msr
    I am torn between getting a tactical scope, or something that would give more precision..
    Any suggestion or ideas?? I will stick up photo's later:-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

How would a tactical scope not be as precise? I would much prefer a tactical scope, mil/mil, ffp tactical turrets etc.. much easier to use imo. which is why i only buy scopes as such. It all depends on your budget really and what you want it for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I'm only asking as I don't know the OP but is he getting a red dot type scope mixed with a tactical scope?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

For general use the open red dot sights work well on them. However I found that other magnified scopes needed extra high mounts to eye them up. I tried a RIS riser rail cos no one had extra high mounts available here. I think that was a bad choice by me anyway. It's a bulky ugly solution. Hold out for the extra high mounts.

My scope is also too bulky. NC Star mkIII 2.5 -10. Overkill for a .22 IMHO.

Something small and neat is better suited to that rifle.
    Hi All,

I am looking to get a new scope for an anschutz msr
    I am torn between getting a tactical scope, or something that would give more precision..
    Any suggestion or ideas?? I will stick up photo's later:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

How accurate are those MSR's to begin with? what sort of groups are you seeing with what you've got on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

I've not done much shooting on paper only when zeroing and re-zeroing after the mount/riser change. Groups were tidy at 50 metres with low magnification. Sub two inches which is good for my skills.

Edit: that's from standing in non range conditions.

extremetaz wrote: »
    How accurate are those MSR's to begin with? what sort of groups are you seeing with what you've got on there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement