Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill pay sim in a pre pay phone

Options
  • 12-12-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Possibly a very dumb question, and so I apologise.

Am with O2, not due an upgrade till late next year, am fed up with my iPhone 4, have had it unlocked and sale agreed, want to get the samsung s3, the phones take the same sim if I'm correct, so assuming I can just purchase a prepay phone from O2 and toss the sim and use my current sim? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yea, should work without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Absolutely no problem buying another phone like that. There isn't any difference between a pre-pay phone and a contract phone only difference is the sim you get with it at the time most networks there is one lot of stock so as long as the phone is bought on the same network it will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Thanks both, was sure this was the case but my husband had me doubting myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Thanks both, was sure this was the case but my husband had me doubting myself.

Sure if they have got to husband status you should know not to listen to them by now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I'm not with O2 any longer, but there used be some difference of setting for prepay and bill sims. A smartphone might well sort this for you automatically, if it still exists.

• Advertisement
Advertisement