Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxing a van. Why guards?

• 12-12-2014 5:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Can anyone confirm why I need to get the guards to sign and stamp a form so I need to tax my van. I'll be working as a handyman/small builder and today I sent the misses in to tax van but seems they didn't let her because I didn't have the form filled in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭userod

Hi, you have to make a declaration to the gaurds that you will use it for work use only and not for pleasure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭nu_90

You need to sign & stamp goods only deceleration form from guards now & have a vat number to tax your van commercially.

If u don't have vat number . put in your pps number see what happens. Some tax office's stricter than others too.

You should not need to have a vat number to tax a van but that's another story.

Plenty of threads on in here in motors. Search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you don't need a VAT number....you need the form if you don't have a VAT number.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

Im not regirsterd for vat because only starting up and won't be earning enough.

good luck with the business...in harm in giving your location I guess ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭nu_90

You just need the form RF111A stamped & signed buy the guards so.

Did this last year myself. Pretty sure there was something about Vat number issue when I was in tax office that time. A pure hassle anyway.

Good luck with business

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

corktina wrote: »
    good luck with the business...in harm in giving your location I guess ;-)

?

duckcfc wrote: »
    ?

sorry typo...I wasn't advocating advertising you understand :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

nu_90 wrote: »
    You just need the form RF111A stamped & signed buy the guards so.

Did this last year myself. Pretty sure there was something about Vat number issue when I was in tax office that time. A pure hassle anyway.

Good luck with business

You will need evidence from Revenue that you're a business. This can either be a VAT number, or in the case of a small business not VAT registered, e.g. A farmer, you will need a letter from Revenue confirming that you are registered for tax purposes as a business.
    Revenue don't make a big song and dance and are quite efficient in issuing these letters when requested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You will need evidence from Revenue that you're a business. This can either be a VAT number, or in the case of a small business not VAT registered, e.g. A farmer, you will need a letter from Revenue confirming that you are registered for tax purposes as a business.
    Revenue don't make a big song and dance and are quite efficient in issuing these letters when requested.

Rubbish. No need to go down that route at all. Where they ask for a VAT No. you put in your PPSN, as, for a small business, it is also your VAT No. In any case motor tax offices have no way of verifying VAT Nos.

• Advertisement
Advertisement