Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog to Vet advice needed

• 12-12-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

My dog hurt his leg while running on Sunday, He couldn't walk on it and limped badly so was carried home, On Monday we brought the dog to the vet, There the vet felt his paw, leg, moved muscles, stretched his leg etc.
    He said the dog had swelling on it and that he'd bandage it for a few days and gave him an injection of anti inflammatory and tablets to be eaten with food for a few days and said come back to see what is the story Friday,

Today the bandage came off and the dog still can put any pressure on it so the vet wants to sedate him and take xrays to see what's up,

I've spent over €100 so far, Now my problem is with it being so close to xmas I cant afford these xrays (€120) and whatever bill comes after the xrays to fix the problem
    The Blue cross In Inchicore are to busy to help till Feb 2105 and the St. Francis Animal Clinic asked when was the last time the dog was at a vet before this instance and when I replied 4 years ago they got annoyed and told me that "I am a very bad pet owner", Needles to say I wont be going there (He got his needles etc. but has never had a problem in his 5 year life)

I am very concerned for my dog.

I am on welfare and have no pet insurance,

Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Ask your vets about a possible payment plan for his treatment. They may be willing to help, if they aren't you can always ask other vets in the area if they offer payment plans in these situations. Best of luck, tough time of year for it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

Hi, Nobody that we rang would do a payment plan for us, I had to ask family members for loans to get him sorted,
    He got Xray's today - he has a torn ACL,
    Surgery next week so fingers crossed he will be back to himself soon.

Edit.
    I would suggest getting pet insurance to anybody who doesn't already - The cost of the above would have paid for pet insurance for about 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh dear. Is he having a TTA or Tplo do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah no poor doggie! A quiet few weeks ahead for him as he recovers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

andreac wrote: »
    Oh dear. Is he having a TTA or Tplo do you know?

The surgeon is doing a Lateral suture technique afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Barrel wrote: »
    The surgeon is doing a Lateral suture technique afaik

Not sure what that is. Did they outline the recovery etc for you?
    It's usually 6 weeks cage rest then another few weeks on lead exercise.

Advertisement