Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Races in Clare/Limerick over xmas?

Options
  • 12-12-2014 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭

Heading to Ennis next week to the inlaws and wondering is there any 5/10k races on? I checked the main websites but seems to be nothing on. Had planned to do the Santa Dash in Inch Beach but its around 2 hrs away.
    Anyone with local knowledge know of any races on to get me out of the house?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Heading to Ennis next week to the inlaws and wondering is there any 5/10k races on? I checked the main websites but seems to be nothing on. Had planned to do the Santa Dash in Inch Beach but its around 2 hrs away.
    Thanks.

What dates are you there from/ until?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Thanks.

There's a 5 and 10k in Ballyvaughan at 1pm on December 27th as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Think they are in Fanore on the 28th, unless there is one in Ballyvaughan too but seems unlikely.
    There's a 5k in ennis on the 27th. And a 5 and 10 miler on the Ennis side of Limerick on the 26th.
    Not much else on this side of Christmas unless you can make it to Miltown Malbay this Saturday morning. Oh ya, Parkrun in Killaloe every Saturday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

To the best of my knowledge
    Ennis Track run a 4 miler on Stephens Day from Ballyea GAA Club house. Marian AC do a 5K Turkey Trot on the same day in Ennis as well. The GOAL Mile takes place on Christmas Day in the fairgreen and There is a charity 10K in Doora on the Saturday. There is also a 5K in lees road not sure of the date. These are more low key get togethers so not really competitive not sure if some are even timed. 5 and 10 miler in Caherdavin or the 10K in Ballyvaughan if you are looking for a more competitive setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

There's a 10k in Newport, Co Tipperary (10 mins from Limerick City) on Stephens day.
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004385866430

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Sorry guys, left out the most important bit, the dates. Leaving this thurs until late xmas eve. Looks ike it will be a Parkrun so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The Limerick County 5 and 10 mile on St Stephens Day in Caherdavin. Starts at the Country Club at 12 noon.

http://www.athleticslimerick.com/2014/11/st-stephens-day-caherdavin-10-5-mile/

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry Hat Trick

If anyone is interested there is an 8k road race /fun run at 11am tomorrow Sunday 28th in ardagh west limerick ...see naomh ciarain on facebook

Advertisement