Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist on a Saturday.

Options
  • 12-12-2014 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Helllo all,

Anyone know a dentist that will be opened on a Saturday?
    I need to get some tooth whitening paste in he morn.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Tilikum wrote: »
    Helllo all,

Anyone know a dentist that will be opened on a Saturday?
    I need to get some tooth whitening paste in he morn.

Smiles on Middle Street is open on a Saturday

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

f1dan wrote: »
    Smiles on Middle Street is open on a Saturday

Just go to them for acute treatment, get a second opinion from another dentist for any big stuff, as they misdiagnosed the need for a root canal in a tooth that another dentist identified as fine (and has been fine since)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP any shop sells toothpaste, Boots has a larger selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Bit off topic but a bug bearer for me..

I think the local galway dentists are shooting themselves in the foot by no longer opening on a sat leaving a very lucrative section of the market to smiles (the spec savers of the dentist world). I have no interest taking a day off to visit my dentist so smiles on a sat is my only option unfortunately

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Completely agree, even smiles won't tend to do anything complicated on a Saturday.

Considering how dentistry is not the gold mine it once was (still profitable but definitely more competitive), it's strange that Smiles are the only one's offering service on Sat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Anyone know of any dentists open tomorrow morning?
    Need some emergency work done asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Your own usual local-area Dentist might be open for a couple of sessions for Emergency Appointments between Tomorrow and Friday. Am in the same situation as you, and I just rang my local Dentist's number. They have a Merry Xmas Greeting left on their Voice-mail and they're taking Emergency Appointments. So ring your own local one and if they've a personal greeting recorded they might say if they're open 1 of the mornings or something this week for emergencies. Next week is a long way afeicingway! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Your own usual local-area Dentist might be open for a couple of sessions for Emergency Appointments between Tomorrow and Friday. Am in the same situation as you, and I just rang my local Dentist's number. They have a Merry Xmas Greeting left on their Voice-mail and they're taking Emergency Appointments. So ring your own local one and if they've a personal greeting recorded they might say if they're open 1 of the mornings or something this week for emergencies. Next week is a long way afeicingway! :/

Rang a few dentists, but it seems it's a dental lab I need, to fix a denture and they're all closed till Friday at the earliest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Bit off topic but a bug bearer for me..

I think the local galway dentists are shooting themselves in the foot by no longer opening on a sat leaving a very lucrative section of the market to smiles (the spec savers of the dentist world). I have no interest taking a day off to visit my dentist so smiles on a sat is my only option unfortunately

You would think that Saturday would be the most popular of all days for people to visit the dentist as there is unlikely to be a need to take a day off work. Unfortunately you would think wrong.

I opened my clinic on Saturday mornings for approximately two years, it was a disaster. The rate of cancellations and people just not turning up for appointments was far higher on Saturdays than any other days, where I would be completely booked up during the week, I spent a considerable portion of Saturdays in my surgery just reading the newspaper, while the staff were being paid overtime to be in work at the weekend. When I effectively became a taxi service at weekends bringing the kids to football/rugby/athletics training, I gladly decided to close for the weekend on Friday evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Cuddys is open on Saturday morning. Possibly by appointment only.

They saw me on christmas eve at short notice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement