Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The aim of the Greystones Strategy is essentially to make Greystones a better place t

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The Greystones Chamber is no longer in existence. But I'm sure one of the councilors to resurrect the chamber in the next year or so and take credit for it. Problem is, that while the retailers like the idea of business being generated for them, they don't really want to have to get involved with business initiatives like these.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Was funding secured? Didn't they pay a UK agency - was this with public money?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Part of it was EU funding (75%), and part was from the businesses (25%).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The cynic could say it was just a big pr strategy coming upto Mays local elections ;-)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I suppose a refund is out of the question :pac:
    €16K down the swannee, and the new "rebranded" Greystones is still Greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Fiveplusone

The problem with these things in Greystones is lack of communication, always has been. In my opinion thats why the chamber is gone now. Towns cannot operate this way. The them and us situation is dated. This strategy is going on since 2011. 2 meetings in that time, no communication whatsoever since the last one. Maybe those who are behind this are working away every week on it, maybe not. Who knows. And at this stage does anyone care.

Advertisement