Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid - 20 straight wins, Ancelotti the greatest manager of the modern era?

123457»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Quazzie wrote: »
    You think LvG vs Benitez would make a good match??

It's be a terrible match for the neutrals.

I do actually.
    Did you know Rafael Benitez actually managed some very exciting matches? I know this goes against the generalisation theme in this thread and all but hey, I'm a sucker for details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I still can't wait for the day that the United fans are all on a thread arguing in favour of the Liverpool player/manager or viceversa.

Another thread that has nothing directly to do with Liverpool or United ruined by United and Liverpool fans. What a surprise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

CSF wrote: »
    I still can't wait for the day that the United fans are all on a thread arguing in favour of the Liverpool player/manager or viceversa.

Another thread that has nothing directly to do with Liverpool or United ruined by United and Liverpool fans. What a surprise.

I think United fans will be in a bit of a quandary next season what with them hating Rafa and loving "Ronnie".

I think United fans will be in a bit of a quandary next season what with them hating Rafa and loving "Ronnie".

Honestly, who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

There has been very little of it in fairness. Of course liverpool fans will have something to say with regards to Rafa he was manager for 5 years. Fans of many different clubs have given their opinion of the man. There has been very little liverpool/utd stuff.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    There has been very little of it in fairness. Of course liverpool fans will have something to say with regards to Rafa he was manager for 5 years. Fans of many different clubs have given their opinion of the man. There has been very little liverpool/utd stuff.
    The last few pages have been solely dedicated to it. As if Ashley Young, Adnan Januzaj or Louis Van Gaal are in some way relevant to it.

Of course his spell at Liverpool is relevant because he's the person replacing Ancelotti (even though it's actually a thread about Ancelotti). But no moreso than his spells at Valencia, Chelsea, Inter or Napoli.

But naturally, it's the only thing Liverpool and United fans want to obsess over and one-up each other over.

The last few pages have been solely dedicated to it. As if Ashley Young, Adnan Januzaj or Louis Van Gaal are in some way relevant to it.

Of course his spell at Liverpool is relevant because he's the person replacing Ancelotti (even though it's actually a thread about Ancelotti). But no moreso than his spells at Valencia, Chelsea, Inter or Napoli.

But naturally, it's the only thing Liverpool and United fans want to obsess over and one-up each other over.

There were only one or two posts about Young and Januzaj, hardly enough to get upset about. If you read back his record at all the clubs you mentioned were discussed. Rafa is a huge talking point on here so it was going to be the case that he would become the main talking point once he took over. This thread has actually been alright with some good posts.

niallo27 wrote: »
    There were only one or two posts about Young and Januzaj, hardly enough to get upset about. If you read back his record at all the clubs you mentioned were discussed. Rafa is a huge talking point on here so it was going to be the case that he would become the main talking point once he took over. This thread has actually been alright with some good posts.

Really though, any is too much. And there's quite a few throughout the thread once Benitez became involved. What have these people to do in any way with Benitez, Ancelotti or Real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Really though, any is too much. And there's quite a few throughout the thread once Benitez became involved. What have these people to do in any way with Benitez, Ancelotti or Real?

Just wait for the sh!tstorm when Rafa tries to sign Sterling :pac:

Or if some random player from the Eredivisie who played for Liverpool/United in the early 2000s, moves to the Bundesliga.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Liverpool fans should welcome that, it would be the sort of circumstances that could result in them getting a really good transfer fee. If he is going to leave anyway then the ideal scenario is a new boss at Madrid wanting to make a big signing, they get a big fee and Sterling doesn't go to a direct rival.

Not that I have any clue if Rafa even knows who Sterling is, just responding to the hypothetical.

Liverpool fans should welcome that, it would be the sort of circumstances that could result in them getting a really good transfer fee. If he is going to leave anyway then the ideal scenario is a new boss at Madrid wanting to make a big signing, they get a big fee and Sterling doesn't go to a direct rival.

Not that I have any clue if Rafa even knows who Sterling is, just responding to the hypothetical.

He brought him to liverpool for 600 grand.

Advertisement