Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot error with my Laptop (0xc00000e9 Info an unexpected I/O error has occurred)

Options
  • 12-12-2014 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm trying to boot my laptop (old Fujitsu Lifebook A Series) and I can't. It's running Windows 7. The below error is displayed regardless if I start Windows normally or if I start on Startup Repair.

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your pc." A failing hard drive?

"Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your pc.This error can be caused by unplagging a removable storage device...,or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM.Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your pc.

File:\Boot\Bcd Status: 0xc00000e9 Info an unexpected I/O error has occurred."

I can access the BIOS Set up (F2) and the Boot Menu (F12) and all is set as per factory defaults there.

No device is connected to the Laptop and nothing has been installed since the last time I used it.

Any ideas what could be the problem and how to solve it?

Felipe

Comments

Advertisement