Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bent hdmi port PS4

Options
  • 12-12-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

my cousin has a ps4 since launch. he said it got knocked over and he couldnt receive a picture so i checked it out and realised his hdmi port is all bent so obviously no signal is being brought to the tv. what can we do? parents said they cant find no receipt..any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

not sure a receipt would be any good anyway, sure if its bent they will not fix it for free,
    I would call them though and ask how much for a repair,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

we will get in touch with them and see what they say. i hope its not going to cost alot :\

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

MarkY91 wrote: »
    we will get in touch with them and see what they say. i hope its not going to cost alot :\

Maybe worth a shot trying to bend it back into place?... Usually when stuff like this happens I usually try bending them back into place so the HDMI fits the port again, most of the time it works...

Should be cheap to fix, but usually getting stuff fixed by the company who made them costs way more than what you should be paying..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Does the lead still fit the port? If so did you try a different hdmi lead first to make sure its not the lead thats knackered?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Maybe worth a shot trying to bend it back into place?... Usually when stuff like this happens I usually try bending them back into place so the HDMI fits the port again, most of the time it works...

Should be cheap to fix, but usually getting stuff fixed by the company who made them costs way more than what you should be paying..

No dont bend it back! the hdmi port is surfaced mounted to the pcb in the ps4 so it has either bent away from the pcb and broken its connections or it has bent into the pcb and snapped or cracked a part of the pcb either way bending it back wont help and it could just end up costing more to fix
    sony will probably charge a lot to fix as they wont go manually soldering a component like that so i imagine they will charge for a whole new PCB possibly you (which is the most expensive part) my recommendation would be to find a good repair shop and get a price from them its less then an hour long job for someone with the right tools (assuming it bent away from the pcb)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

the hdmi does fit guys

i tried bending it back but it doesnt move. ive no idea where to even bring it for repair. will ring sony on monday

Advertisement