Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's hospital Galway

Options
  • 13-12-2014 10:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

hi

I used Google but could not find answer which probably means the answer to my question is no.

anyways, I'm just wondering is there a specific children's hospital in Galway ?

If not, is the nearest one in Dublin ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

hi

I used Google but could not find answer which probably means the answer to my question is no.

anyways, I'm just wondering is there a specific children's hospital in Galway ?

If not, is the nearest one in Dublin ?

Two specific children's hospitals in the country are both in Dublin: Crumlin and Temple St. Galway would have a children's ward in the main hosp and the Bons if you have private healthcare. As far as I know anyway :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

cyning wrote: »
    Two specific children's hospitals in the country are both in Dublin: Crumlin and Temple St. Galway would have a children's ward in the main hosp and the Bons if you have private healthcare. As far as I know anyway :)

Thanks.
    is the children's ward in main hospital and the bons setup only a stop gap really. i.e if anything half way serious, they will just be sent to Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Yes, if anything needs specific paedeatric treatment/attention that can't be done in the normal hospital children are sent to Temple St or Crumlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Breaks and minor illnesses mostly treated in regional hospitals.

More serious long term stuff is dealt with by the main children' hospitals in Dublin (Our Lady's Children's Hospital (Crumlin), Children's University Hospital (Temple St.) and National Children's Hospital (Tallaght).

Advertisement