Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game-week 17 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I currently have no city/chelsea defensive coverage, I'm considering the following,

Baines/Wilson/Hutton out - Terry, Clichy and Evens in, now i get that Clichy may be rotated, but given that i should have other playing defenders i can take missing the odd game. I could get Dave or Luis but Terry will probably play more over the xmas?

Alternatively to that, I was looking at getting Giroud into my team, which would involve:

Baines and Kane out for Luis/Evans/Clichy and Giroud.

Another option is to dump Costa, and keep Baines, and update the defence. so could go with

Hutton, Wilson and Costa out. - Terry, Mangala and Giroud in

Torn as to what i should do

Myhill, Guzan
    Baines, Wilson, Duff, Yun, Hutton,
    Sanchez, Fab, Yaya, Boyd, Cork
    RVP, Costa, Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

This is my team at the moment, not sure what to do next....suggestions please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

jive wrote: »
    Kolo a 'permanent' starter now for Liverpool? They have easy fixtures coming up, need to offload Liam Moore big time.

They're on a ****e run, have a terrible defence and play Arsenal next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

They're on a ****e run, have a terrible defence and play Arsenal next

and he didn't start today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Skuxx wrote: »
    Get that goalkeeper situation sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Defence really needs to be shaken up.

Shawcross out would be a big one. Hasn't had a clean sheet in 10, with 8 1 pointers. For a 5.4m defender that's very poor.

Der isn't a first choice either. Davies is cheaper if you want to keep a Spurs defender.

Probably need to think what to do with Chambers too, when Koscielny is back he'll likely be benched for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Defence really needs to be shaken up.

Shawcross out would be a big one. Hasn't had a clean sheet in 10, with 8 1 pointers. For a 5.4m defender that's very poor.

Der isn't a first choice either. Davies is cheaper if you want to keep a Spurs defender.

Probably need to think what to do with Chambers too, when Koscielny is back he'll likely be benched for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Rodgers has said Mignolet has been dropped indefinitely.
    Doubt many have him but it's time to get rid if you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Rodgers has said Mignolet has been dropped indefinitely.
    Doubt many have him but it's time to get rid if you do.

How much is Jones?

Lemlin wrote: »
    How much is Jones?

4.9 which is far too dear, he'd have to be 4.0 before be worth touching imo

• Advertisement

RVP and a host of players going up tonight but I'm delaying any transfer until next Friday. I'm finding money and team value isn't hugely relevant this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

jive wrote: »
    Kolo a 'permanent' starter now for Liverpool? They have easy fixtures coming up, need to offload Liam Moore big time.

Moore to Ben Davies (4.4m). If that's your only pressing transfer that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

G1032 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how Silva played yesterday?
    I need City attacking cover but if I also get RVP then Yaya in will involve selling Baines and a minus 8. Silva could be my answer to City cover instead.

I brought him in this week and watched the first half yesterday. He was pretty quiet tbh and didn't have too many touches in or around the box. He's only back from injury though and city has a nice run of games coming up so still think he's a good shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I might bring Nasri in actually. Need some city cover.

RVP and a host of players going up tonight but I'm delaying any transfer until next Friday. I'm finding money and team value isn't hugely relevant this year.

what's the site that show's price rises?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Slattsy wrote: »
    I might bring Nasri in actually. Need some city cover.

Take a punt on Lampard instead, he's scored more points than Nasri in less than half the minutes (298 vs. 772). He may not start every game but he's capable of producing more in 5 minutes than Nasri does in 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote: »
    and he didn't start today

Toure didn't start cos he wasn't fully fit, he's actually been liverpools best defender lately although that's not really saying much these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Take a punt on Lampard instead, he's scored more points than Nasri in less than half the minutes (298 vs. 772). He may not start every game but he's capable of producing more in 5 minutes than Nasri does in 90.

If i knew he'd start i would.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Costa getting transferred out by a few now. I think he has been shown unbelievable patience this season. What he did in gws 3 and 4 has left a lasting impression on everyone. He was the first "must have" of the season and people either got a massive haul off him those weeks or were left mentally scarred for taking him out. His high ownership and in built profit has left people afraid to sell. I brought him back in this week and will more than likely keep him but I think hazard fab chelsea def or hazard and 2 chelsea def is a better way of getting chelsea coverage.
    On siggy im holding he is one of the few attacking players I feel confident will start all xmas games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Chadli -> Yaya. Yellow guaranteed for Yaya now.
    Maybe Moore to Yun later in week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Costa -> RVP done in time for MOTD :)

I genuinely feared what Costa could have done to Hull but RVP showed a confidence/swagger today that I hadn't seen yet this season. That's enough to convince me. Hopping on board before he rockets up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Costa getting transferred out by a few now. I think he has been shown unbelievable patience this season. What he did in gws 3 and 4 has left a lasting impression on everyone. He was the first "must have" of the season and people either got a massive haul off him those weeks or were left mentally scarred for taking him out. His high ownership and in built profit has left people afraid to sell. I brought him back in this week and will more than likely keep him but I think hazard fab chelsea def or hazard and 2 chelsea def is a better way of getting chelsea coverage.
    On siggy im holding he is one of the few attacking players I feel confident will start all xmas games.

Besides only having his as VC for the hatty, I think I've played Costa perfectly. Owned him GW1-8, got rid before ManU no show and haven't looked back. He's only three yellows away from a two match ban as well and isn't a viable captain choice. All in all, not worth 11.1m or whatever he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Who is predicted to rise tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I need to get rid of Aguero and possibly Siggy as he's not firing.

Who would people recommend bringing in?

Midfield is
    Fab Siggy Yaya Jedinak Wanyama

Up front

Aguero Bony Rooney

You need Hazard in for one of Siggy, Jedinak, or Wanyama. I'm bringing in Austin for Aguero

I need to get rid of Aguero and possibly Siggy as he's not firing.

Who would people recommend bringing in?

Midfield is
    Fab Siggy Yaya Jedinak Wanyama

Up front

Aguero Bony Rooney
    aguero to austin and jedinak or wanyama to eriksen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

What about Siggy, Aguero & Wanyama out

Kane, Hazard & Eriksen in?

For a -4 or 8? I wouldn't put so many eggs in Spurs' basket meself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Gone and done my transfers. Very early and may regret it but it'd be driving me mad all week so I've just gone and bit the bullet. Feck it. :pac: Chadli to Downing and Costa to RVP. RVP looked very impressive today and Costa's been nothing but a nuisance for weeks now.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt take siggy out you need to get 7 good attacking options first and he is one of those.

Kane and Eriksen is grand when spurs are doing well, but they are stop start this season, Kane at 5m is enough imo.

Just a point to note, for those who have transfer hits planned say for next few GW's, the cup starts in 2 GW's time. so nearly better taking say -8 this GW and nothing the following.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just a point to note, for those who have transfer hits planned say for next few GW's, the cup starts in 2 GW's time. so nearly better taking say -8 this GW and nothing the following.

Made that mistake last year and took a -8 hit on the cup gameweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I currently have no city/chelsea defensive coverage, I'm considering the following,

Baines/Wilson/Hutton out - Terry, Clichy and Evens in, now i get that Clichy may be rotated, but given that i should have other playing defenders i can take missing the odd game. I could get Dave or Luis but Terry will probably play more over the xmas?

Alternatively to that, I was looking at getting Giroud into my team, which would involve:

Baines and Kane out for Luis/Evans/Clichy and Giroud.

Another option is to dump Costa, and keep Baines, and update the defence. so could go with

Hutton, Wilson and Costa out. - Terry, Mangala and Giroud in

Torn as to what i should do

Myhill, Guzan
    Baines, Wilson, Duff, Yun, Hutton,
    Sanchez, Fab, Yaya, Boyd, Cork
    RVP, Costa, Kane.

Third option looks strongest to me. Just one thing, Mangala is on 4 yellows, Dimichelis would be the way to go IMO. And he's cheaper I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I think I'm going to have to get rid of Chambers this week. I have just enough to get Clichy, so might do it today. But I am a bit concerned on him being rotated, so thinking of alternatives. Looking at Jones from Utd, would I be mad? They have some favourable fixtures coming up and he is only 5.2m....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I've been thinking about whether I should get Yaya in this week.

I've already done Costa to RVP so in order to get Yaya I'll need to sell Baines and Siggy and take a -8 and bring in Demichelis and Yaya.

Assume 2 each for Siggy and Baines.
    Assume 6 for Demichelis and fear a big haul of say 16 for Yaya. That's 22 for the City pair, -8, = 14.

I'd be 10 points worse off in that scenario.

But how much damage is Yaya likely to do over the next 4 weeks before the ACON? Surely I could bring in Silva this week for a -4 if I really really wanted City attacking cover? Is Yaya likely to get so many points over the next 4 GW's that he's an absolutely must have? Yellow card hanging over him? Silva bound to pick up a couple of goals or assists??

Last season I totally ripped my team up to get RVP in for Uniteds home game v Palace. I wouldn't be exactly ripping it apart for Yaya but I don't see how a minus 8 for Yaya is worthwhile with Silva as an alternative??

I've already done Costa to RVP so in order to get Yaya I'll need to sell Baines and Siggy and take a -8 and bring in Demichelis and Yaya.

Assume 6 for Demichelis and fear a big haul of say 16 for Yaya. That's 22 for the City pair, -8, = 14.

But how much damage is Yaya likely to do over the next 4 weeks before the ACON? Surely I could bring in Silva this week for a -4 if I really really wanted City attacking cover? Is Yaya likely to get so many points over the next 4 GW's that he's an absolutely must have? Yellow card hanging over him? Silva bound to pick up a couple of goals or assists??

Last season I totally ripped my team up to get RVP in for Uniteds home game v Palace. I wouldn't be exactly ripping it apart for Yaya but I don't see how a minus 8 for Yaya is worthwhile with Silva as an alternative??

I don't think its worth it tbh. A -8 for a mid that could get a yellow straight away. I've decided not take even a -4 for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Silva can play up front while yaya prob won't, they both will get points in my opinion but I transferred yaya to Silva.A midfielder playing with a chance to be playing upfront is worth a roll of the dice!
    Yaya on pens tho so up to your self!

I don't think its worth it tbh. A -8 for a mid that could get a yellow straight away. I've decided not take even a -4 for him.
    Silva can play up front while yaya prob won't, they both will get points in my opinion but I transferred yaya to Silva.A midfielder playing with a chance to be playing upfront is worth a roll of the dice!
    Yaya on pens tho so up to your self!

There is just no way I can see a minus 8 for him ending in anything other than sorrow!!

I'll decide Friday night or Sat morning on whether to take a minus 4 for Silva. I'll probably do that but no mad panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

There is just no way I can see a minus 8 for him ending in anything other than sorrow!!

I'll decide Friday night or Sat morning on whether to take a minus 4 for Silva. I'll probably do that but no mad panic.

I took a mins 8 , at least Silva well play the majority of games and yaya leaving for that other tour,I can justify it.

• Advertisement

I took a mins 8 , at least Silva well play the majority of games and yaya leaving for that other tour,I can justify it.

A yellow and a one pointer for Yaya next week would be sweet as a nut!!

Only thing that nags me is that nearly all of my main rival have him. A big haul v Palace could hurt me but I took the risk of not having him v Leicester and I'll risk it again for Palace

A yellow and a one pointer for Yaya next week would be sweet as a nut!!

Only thing that nags me is that nearly all of my main rival have him. A big haul v Palace could hurt me but I took the risk of not having him v Leicester and I'll risk it again for Palace

I'll be going without City attackers for another week. I'm glad I held off last week. Don't see any of them being worth a hit. On current form and personnel they are not nearly as likely to slaughter anyone. If Silva is playing up front I'll probably get him but I said the same last week - City attackers are 'wait and see' for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Will Mata be back on the bench again when ADM returns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Costa to Bony done. Lost 0.1 by waiting but not overly bothered.

Siggy to Silva in the discussion room for now but likely to go for it

Pellegrenni saying he is going to try Milner silva and Nasri as strikers in training this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pellegrenni saying he is going to try Milner silva and Navas as strikers in training this week.

If Milner plays there I'd say centre back is only outfield position he has never played before. Ultimate utility man

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I think I'm done with Siggy.

Considering a -4 to get Bony and Silva in for Siggy and Dzeko.

Leaves me with Bony, Austin and Sakho up front. Is this madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

FHFC wrote: »
    I'll be going without City attackers for another week. I'm glad I held off last week. Don't see any of them being worth a hit. On current form and personnel they are not nearly as likely to slaughter anyone. If Silva is playing up front I'll probably get him but I said the same last week - City attackers are 'wait and see' for now.
    Did you go ahead and take the hit to bring in Kompany before the weekend? I did - pity he got injured, he would have been a great differential over next few weeks. Looking at Hart or Dimichelis now.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I have the outline of a plan coming together, but some advice would be good -

Lloris - McCarthy

Yun - O'Shea - Naylor - Bertrand - Terry

Hazard - Eriksen - Downing - Sanchez - Boyd

Bony - Austin - Benteke

7.4m in the bank

Defence is okay, but I reckon I'll get in Demichelis for Berty in the next couple of weeks. Midfield is going okay too, and I'm happy to have Boyd come off the bench if required over Christmas. But City attacking cover may be required at some point - if so I think I'd go for Silva, maybe in place of Eriksen, don't fancy Yaya when he's got a suspension hanging over him.

And up top, I'm happy to hold on to Bony over Chrimbo, he could have had a few big hauls recently and hopefully he'll get one soon. Austin's safe enough for the moment as well.

So that leaves me with Benteke, who just came in as my Aguero replacement. I'm thinking he might have to go straight out the door again, despite Villa's relatively favourable fixtures. I have the bankroll to go Benteke -> RVP, and still have enough to get in Demichelis and Silva over the the next few weeks.

Good plan?

El festino wrote: »
    Did you go ahead and take the hit to bring in Kompany before the weekend? I did - pity he got injured, he would have been a great differential over next few weeks. Looking at Hart or Dimichelis now.

I did, but no harm done.

I'll most likely do Kompany to Dimichelis this week and nothing else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement