Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game-week 17 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pellegrenni saying he is going to try Milner silva and Navas as strikers in training this week.

Defo holding off on Yaya transfer for now so BUT if silva ended up as striker who would play in the hole ? Yaya/Nasri or even Lampard ?
    Could make Yaya even more appealing really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I have the outline of a plan coming together, but some advice would be good -

Lloris - McCarthy

Yun - O'Shea - Naylor - Bertrand - Terry

Hazard - Eriksen - Downing - Sanchez - Boyd

Bony - Austin - Benteke

7.4m in the bank

Defence is okay, but I reckon I'll get in Demichelis for Berty in the next couple of weeks. Midfield is going okay too, and I'm happy to have Boyd come off the bench if required over Christmas. But City attacking cover may be required at some point - if so I think I'd go for Silva, maybe in place of Eriksen, don't fancy Yaya when he's got a suspension hanging over him.

And up top, I'm happy to hold on to Bony over Chrimbo, he could have had a few big hauls recently and hopefully he'll get one soon. Austin's safe enough for the moment as well.

So that leaves me with Benteke, who just came in as my Aguero replacement. I'm thinking he might have to go straight out the door again, despite Villa's relatively favourable fixtures. I have the bankroll to go Benteke -> RVP, and still have enough to get in Demichelis and Silva over the the next few weeks.

Good plan?

Seems like a good plan.

If it was me I'd probably prioritise the Bertrand to Dimichelis move for a hit. I know some people have a no hits for defenders mantra, but I've never got that.

Dimichelis - Palace (h), West Brom (a) Burnley (h), Sunderland (h) - huge clean sheet potential - all teams struggling for goals.

Bertrand - Everton (h), Palace (a), Arsenal (h), Man U (a) - not so much!!

The way I look at it (and this is why I took a hit for Kompany last week) is if you can expect a defender to have much more returns than another defender over a 4 week period like that, then your chances of maximising returns is greater if you get on the train at the start.

Any one of the City matches could be a CS, so I'd rather gamble on that run of fixtures over Saints one and would be very confident I'd be much more than 4 points better over after the 4 games by moving now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Thoughts on Austin to Kane?

Leaves me with 1.0 extra for...hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Thoughts on Austin to Kane?

Leaves me with 1.0 extra for...hmmm

Not with Austin home to West Brom. He's captain material.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ah no. Not the annual should I get RVP in question! Please go away RVP!!

Ah no. Not the annual should I get RVP in question! Please go away RVP!!

Have him in for Aguero until he returns..

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Have him in for Aguero until he returns..

I have to find .6 somewhere to upgrade Costa. Don't feel like doing it as I was hoping to get some city defensive coverage in as well. Decisions decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think its worth it tbh. A -8 for a mid that could get a yellow straight away. I've decided not take even a -4 for him.

I think I'm going to take a -4 for Yaya. I'm willing to risk the 5th yellow for those great fixtures and extra captaincy option. I didn't watch the Leicester match but he had some dangerous shots

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just a point to note, for those who have transfer hits planned say for next few GW's, the cup starts in 2 GW's time. so nearly better taking say -8 this GW and nothing the following.

Fudge. Thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've a couple of options ings to carroll or Bony or mirallas to Yaya or silva. I think i'll be giving rvp a miss I think there is a fair chance of him being rested on Dec 26 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Surely zabaleta is the best option in citys defence now. Having just been rotated id say he'll miss maximum one more game over xmas. Hes always been a threatening full back going forward as well. I know centre backs are usually more rotation proof but mangala is on four yellows and demi could be a bit old to start every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

A couple of dates to remember when making transfers:

- January Wildcard can be used after Game Week 20 starts (1 Jan 11:30)

- African Nations 17 January – 8 February

MR NINE wrote: »
    Surely zabaleta is the best option in citys defence now. Having just been rotated id say he'll miss maximum one more game over xmas. Hes always been a threatening full back going forward as well. I know centre backs are usually more rotation proof but mangala is on four yellows and demi could be a bit old to start every game.

Zab has direct cover in Sagna, Dimichelis/Mangala not so much - I know Sagna can play there, and there's Boyata, but I doubt Pellegrini will prefer either over the two established CBs unless he is forced to, they are destabilised enough, and may well end up with Mangala suspended for one.

Dimichelis is only 33, younger than Terry, and hasn't had anything like a full schedule of games thus far. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play every game from here till Kompany is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    Zab has direct cover in Sagna, Dimichelis/Mangala not so much - I know Sagna can play there, and there's Boyata, but I doubt Pellegrini will prefer either over the two established CBs unless he is forced to, they are destabilised enough, and may well end up with Mangala suspended for one.

Dimichelis is only 33, younger than Terry, and hasn't had anything like a full schedule of games thus far. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play every game from here till Kompany is back.

Is Kompany definately out? How do you think City will do without him?

I'm also thinking of getting Zab - he has good attacking potential in comparison to Demichelis/Mangala. But I worry about how City will do without Kompany.

bar Baines getting 20 points tonight I will probably go Baines
    > Zab

• Advertisement

Is Kompany definately out? How do you think City will do without him?

I'm also thinking of getting Zab - he has good attacking potential in comparison to Demichelis/Mangala. But I worry about how City will do without Kompany.

Kompany will be a loss all right. But I'm looking at the teams they are playing, 4 of the lowest scoring sides in the league. Also, with the huge loss of attacking options I can see them focusing on keeping it tight, they are less likely to be scoring 3 and 4 goals, but will be happy to win 1-0.

Pellegrini said he'd probably be out till the New Year, hopefully there will be more confirmation shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Going to go Chambers -> Dimichelis and that'll be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Has something happened to Jovetic in the past 48 hours? I had heard he trained Friday, didn't make the bench Saturday, and is now out till 28th Dec apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Has something happened to Jovetic in the past 48 hours? I had heard he trained Friday, didn't make the bench Saturday, and is now out till 28th Dec apparently.

Some sort of muscle injury should hear more this week must have been pretty late on alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Costa out RVP in. Stuck with Costa since the start but it's time to move him on, RVP looks like his form again and United finally seem to be clicking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I moved Dzeko to Rooney last night and am already really regretting it.
    Despite Rooneys goal and performance yesterday he was playing deep. I dont see RVP getting dropped and Falcao can only get more game time in the coming weeks.

But, I made my move and am stuck with it for this gameweek at least.
    I still have Chambers in my team and Siggy is waiting to be transferred out too.
    So lots to do over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm going to weigh up maybe Mirallas -> Eriksen for -4 at some point before Saturday.

Will obviously see how things go tonight but not against taking a hit this week if it were the right one.

Losing Baines will free up a lot for a city defender or maybe another big midfielder I think..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Wombatman wrote: »
    A couple of dates to remember when making transfers:

- January Wildcard can be used after Game Week 20 starts (1 Jan 11:30)

- African Nations 17 January – 8 February

And a premier league football break from 17th January to 31st January. 2 weeks to make transfers and potentially play the wildcard, Make a few pound perhaps

Think I may bank the transfer this week. Consider looking at 3 transfers and a -4 next week if necessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Siggy is waiting to be transferred out too.

why?

Trilla wrote: »
    why?

Three blanks in a row and three of the next four matches away (he hasn't scored away since GW1). I have Bony too who has been hoovering the points

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Rikand wrote: »
    Think I may bank the transfer this week. Consider looking at 3 transfers and a -4 next week if necessary

If you're taking a -4 next week be aware GW18 is the first week of the cup(if it matters to you).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Jedinak to Silva done

Costa out for Aguero when he's back fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Three blanks in a row and three of the next four matches away (he hasn't scored away since GW1). I have Bony too who has been hoovering the points

I'm reluctant to get rid of Siggy. Like you I also have Bony. So having both might be considered risky. Having said that, despite 3 of their next 4 being away from home, those fixtures are reasonably favourable:

Gameweek|Team|Home/Away|League Position
    GW17|Hull|A|19
    GW18|Villa|H|12
    GW19|Liverpool|A|10
    GW20|QPR|A|18

Three of the four games are against teams in the lower half of the table, and the fourth is against Liverpool, who are in 10th, and far from firing on all cylinders. Also, another thing to consider is that significant team value will be lost by getting rid of Siggy, especially if you have had him since the start. For most, this might not make a difference if you've already identified a long-term replacement for Siggy, but if he becomes a must-have again in the next few gameweeks, then this could become an issue.

There are a lot of options in midfield at the moment, but for now I reckon I'll stick with Siggy and use my one free transfer this week to either upgrade Costa to RVP, or sort out my non-playing defenders (Zabaleta, Azpi, and Moore - ok just Moore, but the former two aren't guaranteed gametime either).

• Advertisement

I have the funds to do Boyd to Yaya instead but don't really see the point when I would be benching Siggy every GW in the near future except GW18 (when Austin has Arsenal away). Boyd plays 90 mins every match so is an able deputy in case of holiday fixture rotation.
    Yeah, I cashed out on Siggy in GW10 for Downing and only got him back a couple weeks ago. I can see how having him from the beginning could be a deterrent although with no Aguero the money is flowing freely for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

happy to hold Siggy here. he rotates perfectly with Austin over the festive fixtures - both far better @home vs away - rest of my attacking lineup is strong and Siggy aint a half bad 1st sub to have for 3/4 those fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm reluctant to get rid of Siggy. Like you I also have Bony. So having both might be considered risky. Having said that, despite 3 of their next 4 being away from home, those fixtures are reasonably favourable:

Gameweek|Team|Home/Away|League Position
    GW17|Hull|A|19
    GW18|Villa|H|12
    GW19|Liverpool|A|10
    GW20|QPR|A|18

Three of the four games are against teams in the lower half of the table, and the fourth is against Liverpool, who are in 10th, and far from firing on all cylinders. Also, another thing to consider is that significant team value will be lost by getting rid of Siggy, especially if you have had him since the start. For most, this might not make a difference if you've already identified a long-term replacement for Siggy, but if he becomes a must-have again in the next few gameweeks, then this could become an issue.

There are a lot of options in midfield at the moment, but for now I reckon I'll stick with Siggy and use my one free transfer this week to either upgrade Costa to RVP, or sort out my non-playing defenders (Zabaleta, Azpi, and Moore - ok just Moore, but the former two aren't guaranteed gametime either).

I had planned to take Siggy out but I think he's getting a stay of execution now that RVP has reared his head. Like you, I reckon I'll do Costa to RVP this week. I do think Siggy will be going next week for a City midfielder though. I don't like having a striker/midfielder from the one team unless they are a top four side. Swansea are not that and Bony is by far the superior option to Siggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Lemlin wrote: »
    I had planned to take Siggy out but I think he's getting a stay of execution now that RVP has reared his head. Like you, I reckon I'll do Costa to RVP this week. I do think Siggy will be going next week for a City midfielder though. I don't like having a striker/midfielder from the one team unless they are a top four side. Swansea are not that and Bony is by far the superior option to Siggy.

City's fixtures are rather appealing. It's just figuring out who would be the best midfielder to get is the problem. Will Yaya move further up the pitch given their lack of strikers. Or will Lampard, Milner and Nasri get more gametime. Yaya is my preferred option too, but I've decided I'm going to hold out for a while longer just to see how they line out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Im worried about having a City midfielder if they've no bloody striker to put the ball in the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Swapped Dawson for Cresswell, thinking of Downing for Fellani for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Transferred Ivanovic and Bony in for Berahino and Hutton.

F1ngers wrote: »
    If you're taking a -4 next week be aware GW18 is the first week of the cup(if it matters to you).

no matter what happens and what week it is, I'll be beaten by a zombie team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just spotted there's some midweek League Cup games this week.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Southampton, Newcastle and Spurs involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Baines to Moore I think for a - 4

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mirallas to a city mid probably silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Swapped De Gea in for Begovic. Downing in for Jedinak. Bony in for Aguero. Sanchez in for Fabregas. -8

not wishing mirallas a serious injury or anything, but yes! (as a Baines owner)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭wreckless if true

read something in the daily mail today that pellegrini will give milner a chance to prove in training whether he could play as a make shift centre forward for the next few weeks, they said its between him and silva for the furthest forward position.

read something in the daily mail today that pellegrini will give milner a chance to prove in training whether he could play as a make shift centre forward for the next few weeks, they said its between him and silva for the furthest forward position.

do u know it actually crossed my mind. he has the athletic stocky kind of build of a traditional type centre forward. in terms of holding the ball up i doubt any of their other mids could do it better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I am all for Silva playing as a forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FHFC wrote: »
    Third option looks strongest to me. Just one thing, Mangala is on 4 yellows, Dimichelis would be the way to go IMO. And he's cheaper I think.

Just look at Mangala, he only has 2 yellow on FF, would he be a guarantee starter, Dimichells only came on when Kompany went off injured i think

Just look at Mangala, he only has 2 yellow on FF, would he be a guarantee starter, Dimichells only came on when Kompany went off injured i think

he picked up yellows in both their League Cup games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He must have picked up another 2 in the cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Possibly Siggy to Eriksen for a -4. If he rises I can't afford it but not sure if it's worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement