Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game-week 17 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

Ranchu wrote: »
    Possibly Siggy to Eriksen for a -4. If he rises I can't afford it but not sure if it's worth it.

I did it yesterday. I think its worth, looking at spurs fixtures. I have Bony, as Swansea cover, so its enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

This post may be helpful for those looking at a Costa -> RVP move.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

jebforever wrote: »

As someone who was going to get in RVP this week (albeit not for Costa), there's food for thought there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

As someone who was going to get in RVP this week (albeit not for Costa), there's food for thought there.

I'm thinking about seeing if I can afford Austin to RVP and keep Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm also in the market for a RVP this week, and something that occured to me last night was how's RVP's hot-streak has coincided with ADM's injury.

Since ADM signed....
    First 10 games when both played: RVP 34 (3pts/game)
    Last 4 since ADM injury: RVP 36 (9pts/game)

Wonder where ADM fits back into the team (presume it's ahead of Mata?). Just thinking to the Liverpool game, would ADM have squared the ball to RVP like Mata did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm also in the market for a RVP this week, and something that occured to me last night was how's RVP's hot-streak has coincided with ADM's injury.

Since ADM signed....
    First 10 games when both played: RVP 34 (3pts/game)
    Last 4 since ADM injury: RVP 36 (9pts/game)

Wonder where ADM fits back into the team (presume it's ahead of Mata?). Just thinking to the Liverpool game, would ADM have squared the ball to RVP like Mata did?
    Wilson will not start anyway s. di maria could easily slot straight in for rvp or more likely Rooney will push up and di maria slot in there
    either way it should not affect mata unless his form drops and he is playing really well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

I have Bertrand and Baines...what do I do??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Gits_bone wrote: »

A city defender?

The next four games for Everton are decent. I'll be keeping him, but dumping my Southampton defender for a city one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

A city defender?

Sell Bertrand or Baines? But I quite like Bertrand and it'd cost me .3 more to buy him back..

• Advertisement

Sell Bertrand or Baines? But I quite like Bertrand and it'd cost me .3 more to buy him back..

I'd get rid of Bertrand, have a look at his next 5 games...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Lemlin wrote: »

I've Austin, Bony and Benteke, so the plan is Benteke to RVP and Berty to Demichelis this week. But perhaps the ship has sailed with RVP? I don't fancy Costa though, had him until he got suspended and am happy to wait and re-assess towards the end of January when I'm wildcarding it. Screw it, I have the cash so I'll go for RVP, he can easily be downgraded if necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

See how Mirallas' injury is after the scan today. Baines isn't as attractive a player when he's not on Free Kicks. If Mirallas is out for a few games, keep Baines, otherwise get rid of Bertrand.

On the point of it taking .3 more to buy him back, that might be the case but if you switch to a player that performs well for a few weeks, their price will most likely go up. If Bertrand goes down during his horror few fixtures, then you could possibly get him for the same price... maybe even cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jebforever wrote: »

Without delving too much into those stats it's pretty obvious that United/RVP will not maintain their shot to goal ratio from the last 2 games. I dont know what the stats are but they must have scored 5 goals from around 10 shots in those 2 games!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't sell austin he shouldl start all xmas games and mainly good fixtures.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Without delving too much into those stats it's pretty obvious that United/RVP will not maintain their shot to goal ratio from the last 2 games. I dont know what the stats are but they must have scored 5 goals from around 10 shots in those 2 games!
    5 goals from 8 shots on target.

The Southampton and Liverpool games were very freaky. The ratios can be "normalised" by one of two things happening....
    • RVP having more shots (and keeping the number of goals)
    • RVP having the same number of shots (and scoring less goals)
    Given that RVP's stats for the Southampton game was 2 shots, 2 goals, and the Liverpool match was 3 shots, 1 goal, I reckon he can keep up the goalscoring while increasing his shots and he will look more normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Thinking of getting Carroll for a one week punt for Dzeko, I'll get Silva for Boyd the next week so I can bench him after that so I'm just looking at the Leicester game, may even captain if I get him.

irish son wrote: »
    Thinking of getting Carroll for a one week punt for Dzeko, I'll get Silva for Boyd the next week so I can bench him after that so I'm just looking at the Leicester game, may even captain if I get him.

Carroll one week punt as captain has crossed my mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Carroll one week punt as captain has crossed my mind

I'd be nervous he might not start with Sakho and Valencia but might be worth the gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

United have not got a penalty this season so it will be interesting to see who takes them. Rooney or RVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

United have not got a penalty this season so it will be interesting to see who takes them. Rooney or RVP?

RvP - without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

mcgooch wrote: »
    RvP - without a doubt.

100% RVP
    If he is not on the pitch then Rooney
    I'd actually prefer Rooney to get taken down for a pen and RVP to take
    As a rooney owner his penalty taking makes me nervous of negative points !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Dzeko to Bony done. Happy with a Costa/Bony/Kane strikeforce till Aguero is fit again.

5.3m in the bank to fix the rest of my team now, may take a hit to lose a Southampton defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Mirallas now thinks he'll be fit for the weekend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

eh i dunno wrote: »

Wait for the official club statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Dónal wrote: »
    The next four games for Everton are decent. I'll be keeping him, but dumping my Southampton defender for a city one.

Not decent by any means
    Southampton(A), Stoke(H), Newcastle(A), Hull(A)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

5 goals from 8 shots on target.

The Southampton and Liverpool games were very freaky. The ratios can be "normalised" by one of two things happening....
    • RVP having more shots (and keeping the number of goals)
    • RVP having the same number of shots (and scoring less goals)
    Given that RVP's stats for the Southampton game was 2 shots, 2 goals, and the Liverpool match was 3 shots, 1 goal, I reckon he can keep up the goalscoring while increasing his shots and he will look more normal.

I'm not convinced by RVP, he's still a great finisher obviously but he doesnt have the legs anymore to create his own chances. Given that ADM and Blind are both injured at the moment he's also essentially playing in a weaker team than he has been all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slightly off topic lads but what GW is the Jan wildcard available?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm not convinced by RVP, he's still a great finisher obviously but he doesnt have the legs anymore to create his own chances. Given that ADM and Blind are both injured at the moment he's also essentially playing in a weaker team than he has been all season.

I disagree. I think RvP has shown in the last few weeks that he does indeed still have the legs for it. He's been brilliant in the last few matches I've seen.
    Also, with ADM due to come back soon, with an assist record like he has, I expect more chances are likely to fall RvP's way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I wouldn't sell austin he shouldl start all xmas games and mainly good fixtures.

That's my problem. I want to keep Austin but also want to keep Bony. Bony has 4 goals and an assist in his last five games. He's not exactly giving huge returns but he's a consistent scorer and the way he's been playing there has to be a game soon where he scores two or a hat trick.

That means RVP has to come in for Costa if he comes in. The last time I took Costa out though he scored two and got three bps against Everton. I also notice he went up in price last night. That said, RVP looks on form and I see him as cpataincy material against Villa away whereas I don't see Costa as captaincy material against Stoke away.

To be honest, I'm growing tired of Costa. The bookings, the doubts about his fitness - at this stage I'm thinking that Hazard, Terry and another Chelsea defender or Fabregas would be better value. Costa only has 22 points in the nine GWs since GW7. He has three goals in seven games. He was scoring well when Chelsea were at the start of the season but they've only scored 3 goals or more in two games since GW4 and one of those was the Spurs game that he missed. That said, given his ownership, a high score from him scares me ****less.

My team is

Green
    Taylor Terry Dummett
    Eriksen Hazard Siggy Sanchez
    Costa Austin Bony
    Subs: Elliott, Chambers, Marney

If I didn't change the strikers, I'd probably go Marney to Downing and bench Siggy. Siggy would then be changed next week for a City midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Anyone bringing in Jovetic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

My initial anger over Baines poor showing last night has subsided a bit.

It looks like I will have to keep him as Caulker didn't play last night and if I was too seel Baines I'm lost as to whom to get in,I already have JT.

Siggy to Silva very likely still for a -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Slattsy wrote: »
    Slightly off topic lads but what GW is the Jan wildcard available?
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

Anyone bringing in Jovetic?
    Looks like he had a reoccurance of the injury. Marked out till 28th on physioroom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭wreckless if true

whats the story with courtois, will he still be out for next weekend?? If hes out I will have to make a change , might just change myhill my sub gk to ainwick to gaurantee at least a playing goalkeeper and hope coutois will be back in the following week. not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Looks like he had a reoccurance of the injury. Marked out till 28th on physioroom

Does this mean we can bring in Pozo :P?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That means RVP has to come in for Costa if he comes in. The last time I took Costa out though he scored two and got three bps against Everton. I also notice he went up in price last night. That said, RVP looks on form and I see him as cpataincy material against Villa away whereas I don't see Costa as captaincy material against Stoke away.

To be honest, I'm growing tired of Costa. The bookings, the doubts about his fitness - at this stage I'm thinking that Hazard, Terry and another Chelsea defender or Fabregas would be better value. Costa only has 22 points in the nine GWs since GW7. He has three goals in seven games. He was scoring well when Chelsea were at the start of the season but they've only scored 3 goals or more in two games since GW4 and one of those was the Spurs game that he missed. That said, given his ownership, a high score from him scares me ****less.

Next 7 games for Chelsea are "tricky" as well.

Stoke (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Southampton (A)
    Spurs (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Man City (H)

You couldn't safely say there are any high scoring games in any of those or that Costa would take any team apart. If ever there was a time to consider shipping out Costa, surely it's for the next month or two.

I brought him in as a bit of a knee-jerk transfer for Aguero and looking at the upcoming fixtures, I am somewhat regretting it. I may also make a move to get RVP in this week. Just not sure how I intend to do it yet or if I even will at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

eh i dunno wrote: »
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Wait for the official club statement.

Nothing conclusive but I can't see him being fit for the weekend

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/544870246969257984

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2014/12/16/mirallas-update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Took Azpi and Benteke out for Clichy and Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Is Aspi dropped coz he fecked up vs Newcastle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Aguero to Austin done. Will wait and continue to assess my Siggy to Yaya for a -4; ideally on Friday as long as Siggy doesn't drop.

Aguero to Austin done. Will wait and continue to assess my Siggy to Yaya for a -4; ideally on Friday as long as Siggy doesn't drop.

Is there any specific reason you're considering Yaya over Silva?

I can't decide which to go for, but finding it hard to justify the almost 2.0m more that Yaya is, although I can afford him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I can't decide which to go for, but finding it hard to justify the almost 2.0m more that Yaya is, although I can afford him.

Yaya loves bombing forward and taking shots; he also has pens and free kicks in his locker. I'd be more willing to captain Yaya than Silva and as stupid as it sounds the AFCON is somewhat appealing since I know I would need to get rid before their terrible trio of Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea. The only negative on Yaya is the 4 yellows situation.

Nasri i.m.o has a good case for consideration at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

manual_man wrote: »
    Nasri i.m.o has a good case for consideration at the moment

I can afford Nasri next week without downgrading my forward line of Costa, RVP and Bony so I'm definately considering him.

FHFC wrote: »
    I can afford Nasri next week without downgrading my forward line of Costa, RVP and Bony so I'm definately considering him.

the thing is i wouldn't be considering him as a downgrade of Yaya or Silva, but possibly the best option of the 3. he's on form, not a shadow of a doubt, with the goal and assist against Roma backed up with an assist at the weekend. no suspension hanging over his head like Yaya. no fitness doubts like Silva.. there's definitely a good case for him i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Why was azpil dropped lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Wombatman wrote: »
    Is Aspi dropped coz he fecked up vs Newcastle?

Looks like he's starting tonight against Derby, it might be time to ship him out.

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Looks like he's starting tonight against Derby, it might be time to ship him out.

He will start at least 3 of the next 4 league games West ham at home being the dodgy one I think. It's why I went for Terry over him as it's highly unlikely barring injury that Terry won't start all league games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Lampard has 4 goals and 2 assists in 300 mins...... some legend

Advertisement