Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game-week 17 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

This could make things interesting...

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/544901808775524352

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

manual_man wrote: »
    the thing is i wouldn't be considering him as a downgrade of Yaya or Silva, but possibly the best option of the 3. he's on form, not a shadow of a doubt, with the goal and assist against Roma backed up with an assist at the weekend. no suspension hanging over his head like Yaya. no fitness doubts like Silva.. there's definitely a good case for him i think

Agree with this. This is partly why I won't be moving on City attacking coverage this week. Unless Silva looks incredible at the weekend I'd see Nasri as possibly the best candidate at this moment in time.

Also re Silva, while he may end up 'false 9' for this week, Jovetic may not be far away and could be the best option by GW19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FHFC wrote: »
    Agree with this. This is partly why I won't be moving on City attacking coverage this week. Unless Silva looks incredible at the weekend I'd see Nasri as possibly the best candidate at this moment in time.

Also re Silva, while he may end up 'false 9' for this week, Jovetic may not be far away and could be the best option by GW19.

yep if Jovetic is confirmed fit for GW19 he's coming straight into my team and getting the captaincy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Was looking at City's squad there to see how expensive Nasri was and I noticed that Scott Sinclair is still at City :pac:

Is he even alive though? Surely he'd be an option for City in this time of crisis. Also a shame John Guidetti is gone on loan to Celtic he could've gotten a chance at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jebforever wrote: »
    This post may be helpful for those looking at a Costa -> RVP move.

Having both solves the problem of choosing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Felipe Luis with a smashing free kick against Derby. I got burned for bringing him in before, but he has been playing very well recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This article is almost prophetic....
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11069122/Manchester-City-ready-to-let-Alvaro-Negredo-move-to-Valencia-while-Micah-Richards-joins-Fiorentina.html
    ....Pellegrini chose not to pursue a replacement for Negredo on deadline day, despite being left with only three recognised forwards in Sergio Agüero, Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic.....
    ....Pellegrini has also made it clear to Txiki Begiristain, City’s director of football, that he is prepared to deploy Samir Nasri or Yaya Touré in advanced roles should Agüero, Jovetic or Dzeko become unavailable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Costa's game time over Xmas may look a bit better as drogba picked up an injury tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Costa's game time over Xmas may look a bit better as drogba picked up an injury tonight

Where is Remy? I thought he'd get a lot more game time than he's getting. He's even third choice behind Drogba it appears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    Where is Remy? I thought he'd get a lot more game time than he's getting. He's even third choice behind Drogba it appears.

Came on as sub tonight for drogba

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Bony or Austin or Giroud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Does anyone still have baines in their side or is it time to get rid ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Bony or Austin or Giroud?
    Gird has a tough run and is likely to be rested once over Christmas. Can't see the others rested and have nicer fixtures.

Bony probably better than Austin, but Austin has 3 H in the next 4 so may outscore Bony to the Wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I still have him and will have him till January cos I've much more pressing issues. this is what he does anyway every year big hauls then a run of low ones and repeat.....I've been lucky this year in that I got all the big ones too so I'm more inclined to be patient!
    if I was on a wildcard I'd prob switch him to a city defender though!
    mirallas being fit or hopefully not will make all the difference !!!
    I watched baines closely Monday night and his starting position was back to "normal baines " as soon as mirallas went off. he was much much more advanced .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Baines played his best football with Pienaar ahead of him. Sadly Pienaar is now finished so Baines will not be the same player. Still a good player but I doubt he will ever have the same link up play he had with Pienaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ye thats good news for costa owners. I was thinkng drogba would start the west ham game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

manual_man wrote: »
    Nasri i.m.o has a good case for consideration at the moment

He actually does :o... And it's soooooo hard to admit it. He's probably the worst French person ever born since the dawn of Man :pac:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

iroced wrote: »
    He actually does :o... And it's soooooo hard to admit it. He's probably the worst French person ever born since the dawn of Man :pac:...

He's just misunderstood!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

All this value costa is building. He might be worth keeping for a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rikand wrote: »
    All this value costa is building. He might be worth keeping for a bit

I'm thinking the same myself. I might forego RVP. Di Maria anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Dzeko to Bony done since Sunday night, probably will leave it at that after -4 fail with Dzeko last week!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same myself. I might forego RVP. Di Maria anyone?

Not unless he plays CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

How soon in jan can we play our wc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How soon in jan can we play our wc?
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

I'm going to bring in Dimichelis tonight but with a backline of Wisdom (v QPR), Baines (v Sou) and Cresswell (v Lei), is there any room for him to start at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

What are people doing with Chambers? Getting rid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm going to bring in Dimichelis tonight but with a backline of Wisdom (v QPR), Baines (v Sou) and Cresswell (v Lei), is there any room for him to start at all?

Defense is causing me all sorts of headaches as well. I could conceivably see myself picking any of my 5 defenders for 3 spaces

Bertrand (Eve H), Azpili (Sto A), Cresswell (Lei H), Dummett (Sun H), Wisdom (QPR A)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Many fellas have Fab & Hazard Combo and for long? Giving it serious consideration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Until the end of the year who's the best option? (I have Yaya & Hazard as my exp mids)

Fabregas, Sanchez, Silva or other

Are many selling Azpi?

Who's the best/safest City defender to get?

Jones/Evans worth a punt? Quite cheap

• Advertisement

Many fellas have Fab & Hazard Combo and for long? Giving it serious consideration
    I had it for one week, then Fab got his 5th yellow. Doubling up (or tripling up as I did with Costa) can be stressful to say the least!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

What City coverage do people have or looking to bring in? I have Yaya but may bring in 2 more this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭wreckless if true

any word on coutois , will he be back for weekend??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FutureGuy wrote: »
    What City coverage do people have or looking to bring in? I have Yaya but may bring in 2 more this week.

I don't currently have any, I'm thinking of Silva and Zab this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I don't see why I have to get rid of him to be honest. I am sitting in 3k Overall and 4.2m in the bank. I'll probably upgrade a cheap defender to a chelsea/Man City one and still have 2-3m left over to upgrade a Midfielder (siggy to Nasri/Silva) most likely. After that I don't see any improvements to make tbh.
    If I'm needing cash i would rather Downgrade Rooney/Costa to Bony, Giroud etc.

Baines is still on Pens, gets forward and assists a lot and Everton will keep some clean sheets. On the weeks where he scores a penalty he will produce big differential points for me so i will just keep the faith over Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Can the 10th most owned player in the game really be called a differential?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭wreckless if true

siggy to nasri , a good move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Can the 10th most owned player in the game really be called a differential?

He will be if everyone sells him :pac:
    Just checeked FFix there, he is actually still owned by 558 of the top 1000 teams...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

None but only options are Silva or Nasri this week, likely Nasri as I think he is more likely to score.

I'd like a defender but not sure I'm totally confident about any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have none but will be doing mirallas to a city mid this week can afford Yaya if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Most likely bringing in Yaya this week and will leave it at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I've gone and replaced Mirallas with Bolasie and Costa with RVP for -4.

Guzan

Taylor, Dummett, Ivanovic.

Sanchez, Toure, Downing, Hazard.

Kane, RVP, Bony.

bench of Given, Bolasie, Moore and Hutton.

I upgraded to Hart last week and will be bringing in Dimichelis tonight. Probably won't start Dimichelis this weekend though as I'm very happy with my backline's fixtures this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

AdMMM wrote: »
    I upgraded to Hart last week and will be bringing in Dimichelis tonight. Probably won't start Dimichelis this weekend though as I'm very happy with my backline's fixtures this week.

Why bring him in so?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Eyeing up Nasri, Silva or Eriksen in for Mirallas at -4.

If he didn't get injured I'd have been tempted to keep him with Southampton not having a midfield on top of their now non existent form :eek:

Just have Clichy as of now. Will more than likely be bringing in 1 more (possibly 2) for GW19. Jovetic if he's fit by then will be ideal, otherwise I'm not sure yet, who plays GW18 and for how long might give clues as to who's likely to start for GW19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

I've had them both for 5 or 6 game weeks. Fabregas has more often than not delivered in away games when hazard has blanked. I'll be sticking with them for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Well at least Azpi had his nap.

Jose
    “I don’t think one player is going to play these six matches. Every one of them has to go to five, one rest I think I have to give them. We did that against Sporting, we gave a rest to some players, and we’re going to do this from now until the end of the month. We have two days off, which is the two days after Derby, which allows the players to go home. It’s the only two days I can give them. We play Tuesday against Derby, I give them Wednesday and Thursday, after that they are back Friday to play Monday.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Lads what do you make of Boyd/ Welbeck to Kane/Barkley??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Was gonna bank but my time is a bit weak this week. Swansea have 3 of the next 4 away whereas city have 3 of 4 at home so I'll do Siggy out for either yaya or silva. Got rid of siggy and brought him back at the wrong time. Also had him benched for GW1. And me harping on about him all preseason!

Lads what do you make of Boyd/ Welbeck to Kane/Barkley??

Barkley is too inconsistent to be a good fpl player i.mo.

Kane could be a decent punt, but i'd be loking at one of Siggy/Downing instead of Barkley

• Advertisement
Advertisement