Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad Tune Challenge - Taaffes Bar, Galway 11th December 2014

• 13-12-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

Like the ice bucket challenge this is a great idea to promote awareness, charity and to highlight the musicians and Irish tunes too, this was the one I done with Anders Trabjerg, Mayo, Kyle Borley, Vincenzo Di Mauro and another dude in the box and myself on tambourine, can’t remember name at the moment, enjoy anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Cool. Can you get any info on what instrument the second guy from the left is playing? Looks like a small flute, side-blown but sounds like a high whistle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Blade wrote: »
    Cool. Can you get any info on what instrument the second guy from the left is playing? Looks like a small flute, side-blown but sounds like a high whistle...

Its a piccolo. like a fife a small flute, mostly common in marching bands and some Northern Irish and Scottish musicians.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I think the tune is called The green groves of Erin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Blade wrote: »
    I think the tune is called The green groves of Erin.

That's the one alright, Taaffes is a great spot for a tune if you are around Galway around 5.30 pm in the afternoon and a nice pint of Guinness too.

That's the one alright, Taaffes is a great spot for a tune if you are around Galway around 5.30 pm in the afternoon and a nice pint of Guinness too.

Wish I was, I'm in Dublin but have a few musician friends living over there constantly telling me I should visit that they'd show me around the music scene. I hear it's fantastic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement