Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70

Options
  • 13-12-2014 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi All

I have two HKC 70 alarms...both working well as alarms and trouble free.

However I have one gripe with one of them and it is connected to my mobile phone by a added GSM card.

If/when the alarm goes off I and other family members get a text...it reports the usual info.

However one thing on this alarm is always inaccurate as the inbuilt timer/clock is running fast ...a few minutes fast every day. This has the unwanted result of saying the alarm went off at 17:00 when it really went of at 13:00...ok the call to my phone is a log which has accurate time but the log in the alarm hasn't. In the event of an Insurance claim I don't know would the Company be pleased to have a log recording something that is completely inaccurate.

I would be interested to hear if the clock/timer can be adjusted to run at the correct pace.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And if you reset to the correct time how soon does it run out of sync.?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stinky45

Straight away...it'll be a few minutes fast the very next day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Did you self install these systems and how old are they?

YES...self install... version 3 and version 2 (software)

Version 2 does not have an internal gsm card the version 3 does have the card and it is this Quantum 70 v3 that has the fast clock/timer

Age about 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Stinky45 wrote: »
    YES...self install... version 3 and version 2 (software)

Version 2 does not have an internal gsm card the version 3 does have the card and it is this Quantum 70 v3 that has the fast clock/timer

Age about 18 months

OK firstly don't get too bothered about Insurance companies, if they accept a self install then they won't be too concerned about the incorrect time.

AFAIK the latest software has that time differential sorted.

• Advertisement

Thank you...I wasn't too bothered but if there was some setting that could be adjusted it would have been nice to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jaymc26

I have one of these in a new commercial property I moved into, are these systems suitable for commercial premises or are they mainly for domestic premises?, I have the set and un-set code but was wondering if all of these come with a GSM feature and if all I have to do is get a sim card and set it up?

I have a new business so really don't want to pay someone to do this! is it straight forward to do and does anyone have an installation manual I could have to enable me to do this.

Thanks a million

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can add a GSM dialler and self monitor.
    As this is a commercial premises does your insurance company not require central station monitoring and annual maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jaymc26

The insurance never asked about an intruder alarm as I was previously working from home. I thought these came with GSM's already built in but obviously not.

Thanks for your help Kool kid

You are welcome. For your own benefit double check your insurance requirements. Insurance companies don't normally look for much untill you start looking for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

jaymc26 wrote: »
    I have one of these in a new commercial property I moved into, are these systems suitable for commercial premises or are they mainly for domestic premises?, I have the set and un-set code but was wondering if all of these come with a GSM feature and if all I have to do is get a sim card and set it up?

I have a new business so really don't want to pay someone to do this! is it straight forward to do and does anyone have an installation manual I could have to enable me to do this.

Thanks a million

They are simple to set up but you will need the engineer code to add the GSM to the system.
    I have P.Med you the installation manual.

Advertisement