Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do with Episode 1: NXT current crop of stars

• 13-12-2014 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭

Hey hope this is okay thought this might make an interesting topic and if takes off we can do more, But after NXT Takeover I'm going to use the next generation as the 1st topic ,Each time i'm going to nominate a group of wrestlers So the idea is simple pick 1 wrestler you're job is to put them on the main roster right now as it stands , How would you debut them , against who, would they be face/heel etc

1st group is: Sami Zayn, Hideo Itami, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Adrian Neville , The Ascension and Baron Corbin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Hey hope this is okay thought this might make an interesting topic and if takes off we can do more, But after NXT Takeover I'm going to use the next generation as the 1st topic ,Each time i'm going to nominate a group of wrestlers So the idea is simple pick 1 wrestler you're job is to put them on the main roster right now as it stands , How would you debut them , against who, would they be face/heel etc

1st group is: Sami Zayn, Hideo Itami, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Adrian Neville , The Ascension and Baron Corbin

SZ: Night after WM, interrupt a gloating Seth Rollins and attack him. Leads to a feud.

Itami: Keep him in NXT for a while yet, learn the language, WWE style etc. Maybe RR 2016?

Kevin Owens: RR2016, go on a rampage and feud with a babyface like Dolph Ziggler going into WM32

Balor: Debut at Summerslam 2015 as HHHs new centre piece. Feud with Seth Rollins.

Adrian Neville: As a babyface for the IC title against a monster heel like Luke Harper.

The Ascension: On Sunday and utterly annihilate both Miz/Mizdow and the Uso's. Tear through every team and force Miz and Mizdow to become more serious and for Miz to rely on Mizdow more and more. Tag team title match at WM31 where the Ascension wins, Miz blames Mizdow for the loss and Mizdow finally turns on Miz.

Baron Corbin: As a heel against someone like Dean Ambrose. Probably not for another 18 months at least as he's very green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I meant pick one guy and you have to put him into WWE today and give him a programme to work with

But i do love the ideas you came up with okay i'll go

I'm going to go with Kevin Owens

TLC: Dean Ambrose beats Bray Wyatt convincinly and gets on the mic looking for a fight, KO comes down the aisle with the Fight Fight Fight t-shirt on, He gets straight into the ring and goes nose to nose with Ambrose, they start to brawl all the way through the backstage area,

Next night on Raw Owens comes out with a bag , He pulls the Hardcore title out of it and gets on the mic saying he''ll fight anyone anytime anywhere and reinstates the hardcore title , Dean ambrose and him have massive brawls and battles across the next few Raws with Owens getting the better of ambrose alot of the time, Ambrose beats him at the next Pay Per View and takes the title , ambrose loses it the next night to Rowan because of Owens , the feud gets more personal week by week and eventually culminates with Elimination Chamber where Ambrose gets in the title match , It comes down to Lesnar and Ambrose in the chamber , Ambrose does amazingly well getting a few near falls before Owens comes down with a lock cutters gets in the ring and batters ambrose over the head , Lesnar gets up and F5's ambrose and gets the win

Owens vs Ambrose Wrestlemania Last Man Standing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Balor fully painted up stalking Sting from the rafters everytime he appears on WWE TV and PPV.

Leading to Balor vs Sting passing of the torch match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

corbin don't need to change a thing. have him come out and beat no name jobbers in 20 seconds for 2 months every 2nd week on raw and not say a word. then move onto the heath slaters, justin gabriels, zach ryders for the next 2 months. keep him down in nxt the whole time working longer matches during houseshows.

ascension i would make sure their entrance is as cool as possible. go full on with the music, lightshow, fire etc whatever it takes. have them destroy the likes of slater/gator, matadores in the early weeks and whatever you do don't expose their weaknesses in long matches. 3 months down the line they can work longer matches with the usos whom they beat for the tag titles at wrestlemania.

zayn, neville and balor i would debut as a faction..we have seen the most successful guys to come out of nxt have been via faction on the main roster. after mania have them either side with seth rollins and company or become foes. have the trio wrestle long 6 man matches on raw/ppv ala the shield in 2013

Itami and owens i would keep in nxt until 2016 at the earliest. build the nxt mainevent scene around those two when neville/zayn leave. have both make a big splash at the 2016 rumble and then debut them full time after mania 32

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I can't think about in these terms as largely WWE lads wrestling each other twice a week every week leading up to their Network Special match and their rematch on the next night on Raw. :P

Balor debuting the Raw after Wrestlemania in front of all the international fans would be really cool. But I think they are really intent on calling him up ASAP. I'd pick the Raw after Wrestlemania as he may got lost in the shuffle and after Wrestlemania there will a lot of gaps in the roster than needs to be filled after Sting, Brock, Undertaker go back home. The Spring European tour is shortly after that too.

Seth Rollins is probably Devitt's best possible (heel) opponent. Seth is legitimately dying to wrestle Fergal and I assume the feeling is mutual. Seth is the best workrate guy on the roster who is high enough on the card that will help Balor not being perceived/slotted as a midcarder on night one. They both have similar lean physiques too which helps as I have my concerns about how Devitt will fit in as a heavyweight wrestler in the "Land of the Giants". Devitt debuting as fueding against Kane would be :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement