Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SABB not sounding

Options
  • 13-12-2014 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me.I have just installed a HKC SW-1070 alarm. At the minute I have only 4 wired PIR zones. The problem I am having is that when the alarm sounds the siren on the SABB doesn't sound. The internal siren does sound when the alarm is triggered.

The way I have it wired is as follows:

- External Bell +- on the SABB goes to External Bell +- on the panel
    - SAB Hold (BHO) on SABB goes to SABB Hold on the panel
    - The tamper goes back to the panel but I twisted it with one of the tamper cores
    from the internal siren and the other internal siren tamper core goes into the tamper return on the panel
    - STROBE +- on the SABB goes to the Internal Bell +- on the panel along with the Internal siren +-

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

Have you anything connected to EXT Bell - ?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rustalan

Hi, yes EXT bel on the SABB both + & - are going to EXT bell in the panel.

How did you test it?

Just set the alarm off on a full set by walk past a PIR. The Blue LED's are flashing, its just the siren didn't sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Try 0#9
    Are the white leds flashing side to side on the bell?

• Advertisement

Hi, thanks for the replies. Yes both the internal and external siren went off when I did 0#9. I triggered the alarm and waited longer this time and after 15-20 seconds the external siren sounded. I didn't realise that there was a delay on it. Seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the help.

It all depends on how the zone which you activated was programmed.
    Also I find in most cases as well that the testing procedure is flawed and as a result an exit fault alarm is what occurs and in this situation the external sounder does not sound.

Thanks Kub. I see, I probably should have set the alarm and went outside and came back in after it armed rather than jumping around like a clown trying to set it off from the inside :)

Advertisement