Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How is the new Renault captur?

Options
  • 13-12-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am planning to buy a new renault captur. Anyone bought this one recently?How is it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Had one as a rental car. Was surprisingly well equipped. Satnav on big central lcd & keyless entry/start. Funky styling. OK to drive. Refined enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Will depreciate like a brick, hopefully you're keeping it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isn't the 1.2 non turbo supposed to be a bit overwhelmed by the weight of it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

It is very like the Nissan Qaskai, probably the same chassis/platform. It is less well equipped - or at least the one I rented was. Small engine so gutless, but very good on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Its a juke rival. The Qashqai is much bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

It is very like the Nissan Qaskai, probably the same chassis/platform. It is less well equipped - or at least the one I rented was. Small engine so gutless, but very good on fuel.

Smaller than the Cashcow.

nissan-juke-renault-captur-delanteras.jpg

It's the French version of the Juke.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

My mistake. I rented one a while back. It was OK, but not great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

I had one for a day with 1.2 litre engine and EDC gearbox.
    It was pleasant enough. quite refined, comfortable and went around corners quite well for a car riding so high. nowhere near as tacky as the Juke.
    The headlights were rubbish and the fuel guage appeared to drop quite quickly but I can't prove that it was hard on fuel because I only had it for the one day.
    I wasn't driving it particularly hard. It drove well in City on Autobahn and on country roads.
    The light in the recess on the dashboard in front of the passenger seemed a bit silly.
    I think the diesel might be a better car but it might be a bit heavy to be hanging over the front axle.

Advertisement