Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, 2015 gaming.

Options
  • 13-12-2014 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

There is a lot of games. Holy ****. I'l be buying (stuff I've already noted anyway)

Ratchet & clank
    The order 1886
    Uncharted
    Until dawn
    Bloodborne
    Persona 5
    Batman arkham knight
    Resident evil remastered
    Resident evil revelations 2
    Final fantasy Type - 0
    Final Fantasy X/X2
    No mans sky
    MGS5
    Saints row
    The uncharted remastered collection when that inevitably happens
    Super stardust
    Homefront revolution

Majoras mask 3DS
    Zelda U
    Starfox Wii U
    Xenoblade Wii U
    Whatever the new pokemon game ends up being called
    Splatoon
    Mario Maker
    Captain Toad
    Code Name steam
    Xenoblade 3DS

Halo 5 Guardians
    Crackdown
    Rise of the tombraider

Thats just off the top of my head, I'm sure theres much much more I can't think of. 2015 is gonna be quite a year. Whats everyone else looking forward to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Holy ****, nothing on that list interests me at all bar Bloodbourne. Whats wrong with me

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Halo 5 and Arkham Knight are what I am most looking forward to from that list.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The witcher 3
    Bloodbourne
    Ff typo 0
    Tales of zestiria
    Metal gear solid 5
    The newest xenoblade game
    The new zelda (must get a wii u :o)

There's loads more I can't think of now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not a lot of high profile releases have caught my attention. The Witcher 3 is being looked forward to though.

We'll not get them 2015 but I would still like an announcement at least on new Fallout, Borderlands and Left 4 Dead titles !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Of that list I'd be interested in the following:

Until dawn
    Persona 5
    No mans sky
    MGS5
    Rise of the tomb raider

Additions to it would be:
    Fallout 4 (hopefully!)
    The Witcher 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

All I ever wanted was silent hill to be back to its roots , hopefully del toro and kojima can achieve just that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

These are the games I can think of that I'm interested in in 2015.

PS4
    Ratchet & Clank
    The Order 1886
    Uncharted 4
    Batman Arkham Knight
    No Mans Sky

Wii U
    Mario Maker
    Captain Toad
    Yoshi's Wolly World

Vita
    Shovel Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

zero19 wrote: »
    Fallout 4 (hopefully!)

Hate to burst your bubble but Fallout 4 is as likely as Half Life 3. Bethesda have confirmed that there will be no new fallout before the end of 2016. To do such a big game right would take a couple of years work.

None of the new games listed have gotten my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

GarIT wrote: »
    Hate to burst your bubble but Fallout 4 is as likely as Half Life 3. Bethesda have confirmed that there will be no new fallout before the end of 2016. To do such a big game right would take a couple of years work.

If they are saying this now then how did they manage to do Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim all in last generation. Another Fallout game is long overdue from them. I would have expected them to have started work on Fallout 4 while Fallout Vegas was done by Odsidian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

None of the new games listed have gotten my attention.
    Oh yeah forgot to add HL3 to my list. Gotta keep positive ya know? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

If they are saying this now then how did they manage to do Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim all in last generation. Another Fallout game is long overdue from them. I would have expected them to have started work on Fallout 4 while Fallout Vegas was done by Odsidian.

What time period did those games cover though, there was probably the guts of 5 years or more development across all of them.

Apparently until recently they were busy working on other projects and are now working on an unnamed project. They have confirmed that they will be releasing another Fallout game stating that they bought the Fallout to make more games. They then went on to say that even though they are making another game it is a long way away :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Can't wait for Microsoft to desperation-sell the deservedly failing Xbox brand to Lenovo in 2015.

That'll be my highlight of the year.

What time period did those games cover though, there was probably the guts of 5 years or more development across all of them.
    (

Not long at all, Oblivion came out very early of generation 7 on the 360 before the PS3 was even in Europe. March 2006 with the 360 only released in December 2005. Fallout 3 was released in 2008 and Skyrim in 2011.

Clearly they were working on more than one game at once and worked on Oblivion before the 360 console was announced at E3 2005.

There is no reason why Fallout 4 could be a year or so away and they don't want to announce it too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can't wait for Microsoft to desperation-sell the deservedly failing Xbox brand to Lenovo in 2015.

That'll be my highlight of the year.

Your year most likely won't have a highlight so -

I can't see that happening tbh...

I won't buy an Xbox One unless some game I really want comes along for it, and there's nothing I want as of yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

So far The Witcher 3 and finally be able to play GTA 5 when it comes to PC at the end of January...............only to find it's a terrible port or my machine won't handle it or some silly bullshít :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Saints row? Is there another one coming out?

I'm looking forward to Left 4 Dead 3. The full version of Black Mesa Source as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Monotype wrote: »
    Saints row? Is there another one coming out?

I'm looking forward to Left 4 Dead 3. The full version of Black Mesa Source as well.

No just Saints Row 4 re-issued with new content which will be available stand alone also as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Another remastering :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Weirdos, no one has The Division down, that and Ori and Blind Forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Look at how many new IPs there are :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Half Life 3 will be my game of 2015!

Valve won't be releasing any more games unless it's a new IP because they don't do 3. ;D

Half Life 2: Episode 3
    Half Life 3
    Left 4 Dead 3
    Portal 3
    Team Fortress 3

Put all that in one pack and call it the Orange Box 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't write off the PS3 either. It's around this time a console usually gets its best games that become super rare. There'll be a good few late japanese games coming to the system from the likes of gust and Nippon Ichi. Atelier Shallie will be released soon, the last five Atelier games on the PS3 have been by far the best RPGs on the system and unfairly ignored by most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can't wait to go through my back catalogue!
    :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The Division, Arkham Knight, No Man's Sky and GTA V are probably what I'm looking forward to most I think. Also, as I've never played a Metal Gear Solid game, I'll be giving that a look to see what the fuss is about.

I've also found myself feeling a bit Nintend-Curious and might consider indulging in some child's play with one of their toys :p</obviousGoodNaturedTroll> But all nonsense aside, there's a non trivial list of things that interest me in the Nintendo space. I have some significant upgrades to do on my PC first though, so it'll be second half of the year if it happens at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Bunch of games I'm looking forward to myself missing from that list...

Pillars of Eternity
    Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Quantum Break
    Scalebound
    Devils Third
    Inside
    Rime
    Everyone's Gone To Rapture
    Hotline Miami 2
    The Witness
    Rainbow Six: Siege
    Yoshi’s Woolly World

Plus a bunch of games out in early access currently too which should hopefully be done in the next year, Satellite Reign, Chaos Reborn etc...

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'm not getting too far ahead so only looking at the first three months. Only one that I am looking forward to is Hardline.

Jan:
    Resident Evil Remastered think it goes without saying everyone is getting this.
    Dying Light Not expecting this to be great but worth a bash, just at payday in Jan too.
    GTA V on PC I'll skip I have two copies on PS3 and PS4 and the PS4 one is pretty much perfect.

Feb:
    Evolve: I am worried about the Left4dead ties as I don't get the fuss with it but still will prob end up getting it.
    The Order 1886: Ill get it just because it is sony but after playing some of it I'm not overly impressed. Very much along the Ryse looks great but very little game play category.

March
    Battlelfield Hardline: Only day one purchase, pretty much a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Do we know what team is working on it? The Bayonetta 2 team or The Legend of Korra team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Otacon wrote: »
    Do we know what team is working on it? The Bayonetta 2 team or The Legend of Korra team?

Hideki Kamiya is the director. He was the director for Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 and supervised Bayonetta 2 so I've got high hopes.

Advertisement