Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, 2015 gaming.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Otacon wrote: »
    Do we know what team is working on it? The Bayonetta 2 team or The Legend of Korra team?
    I'd imagine it'll be a different core team since it's being led by Kamiya, probably the guts of the W101 team? I'm sure the folks on the Bayonetta 2 team will have joined them since shipping said title.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Incidentally Kamiya is brilliantly mental on twitter - https://twitter.com/pg_kamiya

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

March
    Battlelfield Hardline: Only day one purchase, pretty much a no brainer.

Really? I couldn't be less interested in a game, it looks shockingly boring and unoriginal. PayDay + Counter Strike in the Frostbite Engine has no sway over me, I'd love to hear what's got you excited for it Grumpy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Shiminay wrote: »
    Really? I couldn't be less interested in a game, it looks shockingly boring and unoriginal. PayDay + Counter Strike in the Frostbite Engine has no sway over me, I'd love to hear what's got you excited for it Grumpy :)

Getting into TLDR mode :)

I don't have a lot of fun playing games these days, they are so intense, dramatic or crap that the days of me playing with a big dumb smile across my face because I'm just having fun are long past. So when one does come along that is fun I really do enjoy it.

The most fun I had in any shooter recently was in Warfighter, it was IMO the best of the modern military shooters for tactical gameplay especially online on PC. A working cover system, great team based mechanics that you could use even if your team mate wasn't the best, spawning cool down so you don't get enemies magically appearing in front of you as you kill their squad like in BF4. Some of the best maps in any online shooter (no camping spots, no cluster corridors, plenty of alternative routes & great game modes). When played correctly you felt like your team achieved something, not that you got the highest score or unlocked some XP.

Looking at the popularity of Insurgency (which is a poor mans version of Warfighter) it is surprising more didn't give it a fair shot. I think this came down to the reviews.

It got unfairly written off by the reviewers who focused on the campaign and not the online. But when they reviewed BF4 or COD they simply write off the campaign and focuses on the online which seems unfair. Plus they were in a rage over the injustice of having to play the game on the same day the general public could play it. But if you talk to anyone who put in a decent amount of hours they will agree that it is a really good game.

Anyway why that is important is Danger Close made warfighter and a lot of that team are now working for DICE LA on Hardline. From what I have seen they have already made some great additions and tweaks to BF4 gameplay to make it fun. I had so much fun in the beta on that one map compared to the whole of BF4. Grabbing a bag of cash, hopping on a bike and escaping around a hail of bullets just made me excited to be playing a game again instead of going through the motions.

When I look at what else is coming out in the first three months that is the only one I'm looking forward to. The others I will likely play along the way but am I excited for any of them? Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Division for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Cool, delighted you're looking forward to it so :) I met some of the team on the first recent MoH re-release and they're good people. The game didn't inspire me, but I thought it was a solid idea, just not really my cuppa tea. I didn't play Warfighter, I didn't think I'd enjoy it at all having not really enjoyed the first, but I'm happy to hear they tried something new and interesting, even though it was given a very rough time critically.

My own thoughts on EA's "War" series' would've been to make BattleField Multi-Player only and have the Medal Of Honour series tell some soldier's stories through the campaign which is what they wanted to do with it anyway. Add to that the 2 player co-op stuff that both games have (and that CoD too has done very well to be fair) and I think it'd have sat better with the audience.

I really hope it turns out as well as you hope:)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,799 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't know how folks can still stick out playing military sims, I guess if that's what you're into, fair enough :) After the PS2 gen ones though I felt like I was just playing the same thing over and over. Dabble in some Battlefield and COD but just not for me, at all. I think if it was between only playing them and not playing games at all, I'd choose the latter.

I'm really looking forward to No Man's Sky, but at the same time don't want to get my hopes up. So much potential there (and so much to be let down by at the same time!).. will be picking up a PS4 when it comes out either way. Plus there's Bloodborne too.

Also can't wait for Satellite Reign, the Zelda Wii U game and picking up the new model 3DS XL with Xenoblade Chronicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Shiminay wrote: »
    Cool, delighted you're looking forward to it so :) I met some of the team on the first recent MoH re-release and they're good people. The game didn't inspire me, but I thought it was a solid idea, just not really my cuppa tea. I didn't play Warfighter, I didn't think I'd enjoy it at all having not really enjoyed the first, but I'm happy to hear they tried something new and interesting, even though it was given a very rough time critically.

My own thoughts on EA's "War" series' would've been to make BattleField Multi-Player only and have the Medal Of Honour series tell some soldier's stories through the campaign which is what they wanted to do with it anyway. Add to that the 2 player co-op stuff that both games have (and that CoD too has done very well to be fair) and I think it'd have sat better with the audience.

I really hope it turns out as well as you hope:)

Id recommend it to anyone who is jaded with the current crop it really is that different once you get into it. Plus it is normally on sale now for about 3-5 euro. So much effort was put into balancing everything, every weapons, every special ability, each of the different classes all have decent counters.

DICE made the multiplayer for MOH but Danger Close did MOHW and there is a big difference.

Plus the campaign is around 6 hours so it is one of the only games I had time to finish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

o1s1n wrote: »
    I don't know how folks can still stick out playing military sims, I guess if that's what you're into, fair enough :) After the PS2 gen ones though I felt like I was just playing the same thing over and over. Dabble in some Battlefield and COD but just not for me, at all. I think if it was between only playing them and not playing games at all, I'd choose the latter.

I'm really looking forward to No Man's Sky, but at the same time don't want to get my hopes up. So much potential there (and so much to be let down by at the same time!).. will be picking up a PS4 when it comes out either way. Plus there's Bloodborne too.

Also can't wait for Satellite Reign, the Zelda Wii U game and picking up the new model 3DS XL with Xenoblade Chronicles.

Only military sims I personally have time for is BF4, only started getting into it since BF3 to be honest and I do love it!

Not interested in Hardline in saying that!

Next year I'm also looking forward to No Man Sky, kinda worried about whether its the "Elite of my dream's" or if it could turn out a pile of cack.... :/

Also looking forward to The Order but have a doubt in my mind already about it....

Honourable mentions : Uncharted 4, MGS V, MK X, SFV

And if Zelda and Starfox come out for Wii U this year I may furnish Nintendo with a few of Fieldog's hard earned funds.... :)

The Division could be good also but with Ubi's track record I may wait a few weeks after launch.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll get excited 2 months before release dates... that's how I normally roll...

At least with Nintendo you're almost guarateed not to be let down :)

Couldn't give a toss about military FPS. I usually only end up getting stuck into PvP and Destiny is occupying the PvP hole in my heart at the moment.

Would like:
    Bloodbourne (looks cool ,never played a Souls game though)
    Uncharted 4 (love that series)
    Batman (pre-ordered with the crazy low amazon price back a few weeks ago)
    Zelda (cannot be bad)
    Evolve (pending reviews etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

any word on xenosaga remastered because I really hope that happens.
    Also since were getting FF7 for ps4 (again but I'll likely get it for the tenth time) but anyone think we may get chrono cross, xenogears or legend of dragoon for ps4 or steam because that would be really good.
    Also kinda pointless to have gotten FF10 remastered for ps3 if there bringing it out again on ps4 just thinking they might do the same thing to kingdom hearts as well.
    Also any big time RPGS coming out this year apart from witcher 3, persona 4, code name steam, zelda, xenoblades and final fantasy?

Also anyone notice the plethora of space games after alien isolation like Tacoma.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

legend of dragoon for ps4

I'd love to see that happen anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Bloodborne is a day 1 purchase, as well as a few days off work.
    My PS3 croaked before I could finish Dark Souls 2, so the PS4 release as well.

Uncharted goes without saying. There were a few things in the third that flat out annoyed me but Among Thieves if just superb so here's hoping for more of that.

MGS V, didn't bother with Ground Zero, but I've enjoyed all the main games thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

guess i am buying dmc4 for the 3rd time now cause vergil is going to be in it

Yes I am part of the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dying Light
    Arkham Knight
    Below
    The Division
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    No Mans Sky
    Halo 5

..All have my interest so far.

Scalebound I'll be keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm still looking forward to GTA V.

Outside of that it's the nordschleife for Assetto Corsa. there's nothing else that interests me at this point, although I don't really keep up with all the happenings.

I would be looking forward to the batman game but I got bored with the last one and never finished it.
    I don't know how folks can still stick out playing military sims, I guess if that's what you're into, fair enough :) After the PS2 gen ones though I felt like I was just playing the same thing over and over. Dabble in some Battlefield and COD but just not for me, at all.
    I haven't played any of the battlefield games but is COD really considered a military sim now?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 miqeel

No mans sky and The Witcher 3, and the Uncharted. Man, Im excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

No Mans Sky
    Darkest Dungeon
    GTA V (with rift support!)
    Pillars of Eternity
    FF XV
    Dying Light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'l be surprised if FF15 makes it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Project Cars.

Unfortunately it looks incredible so it will probably be sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Only games that interest me coming in 2015 are,

Killing Floor 2
    The Witcher 3

Arkham Knight (A guilty pleasure. Combat is way too easy and simple, hope they make it X10 difficult and complex.)
    Tekken 7
    Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (if it gets a PC release)
    Dead Or Alive 5 (on steam, 3 months after release when it gets Online)
    Just Cause 3
    Mortal Kombat X

Yakuza 5 (Western release)

The maybe pile:

Bloodborne - PS4 exclusive and 30fps for an action game in 2014, all of my wat. Can't even play it so whatever
    No Man's Sky - A real hit or miss game, definitely not a day one purchase... will have to wait it out for a long time.
    Monster Hunter Online - It's either the Monster Hunter I've always wanted or the worse yet. Not even confirmed it'll get a western release so more profound sadness ahead, possibly.
    Triad Wars I really don't know know much about it but SD online sounds good. Could be janky as feck though so who knows.
    GTAV Was garabge on PS3, looks half decent on PS4, maybe the PC version will actually be good if 1. It performs well and 2.It gets lots of mods.

Master of the Universe

ScumLord wrote: »
    I haven't played any of the battlefield games but is COD really considered a military sim now?

I don't know if it's 'officially' considered a military simulator (I'm sure there are hardened milsim players out there screaming 'NO!!!!' at the very thought :D)

But as an ignorant outsider who doesn't like or play COD/BF and tends to play older/more 'out there' games, any game containing dudes running around in modern military type garb shooting modern weaponry is a military simulator. There's no point splitting hairs as they all look the same to me :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

any word on xenosaga remastered because I really hope that happens.
    Also since were getting FF7 for ps4 (again but I'll likely get it for the tenth time) but anyone think we may get chrono cross, xenogears or legend of dragoon for ps4 or steam because that would be really good.
    Also kinda pointless to have gotten FF10 remastered for ps3 if there bringing it out again on ps4 just thinking they might do the same thing to kingdom hearts as well.
    Also any big time RPGS coming out this year apart from witcher 3, persona 4, code name steam, zelda, xenoblades and final fantasy?

Chrono Cross and Xenogears are on the US store for PS3 so there's nothing stopping you buying them (you should be getting all your PS1 games from the US store anyway). If PS1 games ever come to PS4 then those will more than likely be on the US store as well. Unfortunately Legend of Dragoon is also available. That horrible game needs to die in a fire and never see the light of day again.

As for a Xenosaga remake, not heard much about it but as someone that has played the Xenosaga games even if it does come out it's not worth playing, they're not very good games.

Other than the other games you mentioned the only other one worth caring about is Atelier Shallie on PS3. Can't wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Surprised no one has said Star Wars: Battlefront?

No brainers:
    Uncharted 4
    No Mans Sky
    BloodBorne
    Until Dawn
    The Division
    Battlefront (duh)
    Hotline Miami 2
    Arkham Knight

There's probably a lot more but that's just off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

Looking at the popularity of Insurgency (which is a poor mans version of Warfighter).
    Insurgency is one of the few games i actually play these days! :( must try Warfighter though, and take note of your recommendations

I don't know if it's 'officially' considered a military simulator (I'm sure there are hardened milsim players out there screaming 'NO!!!!' at the very thought :D)

But as an ignorant outsider who doesn't like or play COD/BF and tends to play older/more 'out there' games, any game containing dudes running around in modern military type garb shooting modern weaponry is a military simulator. There's no point splitting hairs as they all look the same to me :pac:
    I haven't really played COD since the first modern warfare so I was wondering if they'd changed the game a bit. I would have seen COD as your classic FPS shooter.

ARMA with it's sandbox gameplay, command structures, vehicles and accurately modeled ballistics would be a simulator. You could call COD a sim I guess, but if a sims whole purpose is to simulate the real world then it's the worst sim ever made.

Master of the Universe

I haven't really played COD since the first modern warfare so I was wondering if they'd changed the game a bit. I would have seen COD as your classic FPS shooter.

ARMA with it's sandbox gameplay, command structures, vehicles and accurately modeled ballistics would be a simulator. You could call COD a sim I guess, but if a sims whole purpose is to simulate the real world then it's the worst sim ever made.

Ah I see. No, it's just me throwing around vague terms in a vague manner. :pac:

Ah I see. No, it's just me throwing around vague terms in a vague manner. :pac:
    I would have thought you'd like military sims like ARMA because of the airsoft interest.

Master of the Universe

I would have thought you'd like military sims like ARMA because of the airsoft interest.

I did at one point around the time of Battlefield 2 and then got into airsoft alright - a really bad leg break ended that and turned me into a pacifist :D

• Advertisement

I did at one point around the time of Battlefield 2 and then got into airsoft alright - a really bad leg break ended that and turned me into a pacifist :D
    The likes of ARMA is a different experience to COD. In COD you run around shooting anything that moves, in ARMA you end up hiding in a bush and crawling around on your belly afraid of being shot because you just spent the last half hour walking to the combat area.

Advertisement