Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I feel like I am going crazy

Options
  • 13-12-2014 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

So I met this guy on a night out a month and a half ago and he texted me that night and we met up the following week and since then I have gone to hang with him pretty regularly, we slept together just once a week ago and I've seen him once since then, both of us are really busy this week so we mostly just send random snapchats but I feel like I'm going crazy! I think about him all the time and I go from feeling like I adore him to hating him! Once he didn't reply to a text for six hours and I was practically in tears! Obviously I haven't told him any of this but I don't even know if we are exclusive and I don't know how to ask. Is this normal? I can't concentrate on anything but him and I hate it! A part of me wonders if I should just tell him that we should stop hanging out so I can attempt to retain control of my sanity-Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭LLMMML

Do you have other things going on in your life? Job, friends, hobbies? I think you should be somewhat happy in yourself before getting involved with someone.

It's normal enough to be a bit obsessive in the sense that lots of people do get this way, but what you're experiencing doesn't seem healthy.

I'd recommend counselling but in the short term, acknowledge your feelings but at the same time try to examine them objectively to judge whether it's acceptable to express them.

It can be frustrating to not get immediate replies to texts, and tempting to lash out. But try to imagine yourself at work, not paying attention to your phone. Would you think it's justifiable for someone to be angry at you for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wolfgirl

when I first read your reply I was a bit stunned, I suppose a part of me was hoping for validation, that what I am feeling is nothing to be concerned about but the more I ponder on your words I see the truth in them, I need to stop acting like his messages validate my existence, I'm going to try and slow this down and regain myself a bit more. I don't know how successful I'll be but thanks for the reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Just to add to what LLMMML wrote - be very careful you don't turn into one of those girls who becomes so wrapped up in her boyfriend that she drops her friends. I could be wrong but you could be in danger of not only allowing your life to revolve around your boyfriend but almost losing your identity and independence because of this. If you continue to be this needy you could be sounding the death knell for this relationship before it gets going .

Advertisement