Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars and where to buy them

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Is a "flood car" one that's been driven through a flood and probably rotten underneath?

Or they can be cars sitting on the dealers lot and completely submerged, then they're written off, then purchased for scrap and illegally sold on (maybe in another state) as legit.

Some states allow you to buy and drive cars on "salvage" papers (titles), the title paperwork is supposed to show that but there's ways of forging them.

Wifey didnt really like the Volvos. I've always found them quite appealing. I will have a look at that Ford. I know that one of her cousins is driving a Ford edge and it's a mighty looking machine. She wants to go Japanese all the way for reliability. So i was looking at the mitsubishi. We haven't had the galant over here in some years. Looking at a couple of 2009 models, they really don't look eye catching at all. The lancer, like it's European counterpart, does look well. I got side tracked by an Edndeavour. What do you make of them?

Honda and Toyota have the best reliability records. Followed by Nissan, Subaru and then Mazda. I've owned Hondas and Mazdas and never had any issues at all.

Mitsubishi have far less of a presence, you dont see them around as much. Although there's a souped up Galant that parks a block away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

We were trawling through cars.com the other day and started looking at 06-07 Saabs. They look exceptionally good value and I wouldn't rule out a convertible one. It's one of the few that I've always liked.

We were trawling through cars.com the other day and started looking at 06-07 Saabs. They look exceptionally good value and I wouldn't rule out a convertible one. It's one of the few that I've always liked.

Good idea. I love SAABs. MY dad went through a series of 900's back when I was learning to drive so I've had a soft spot for them.

And its a good used choice. What I've read is that now that SAAB has been discontinued, there's no more SAAB dealers so it's effected used values as well. People are wary of them because there's no main dealerships to take them to for maintenance.

But there's plenty of places to get them worked on and they have a good reputation here in the US.

Go for it. And get a convertible too while you can, they should be easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

If you want the best of both worlds, take a look at the SAABaru from that era - http://jalopnik.com/the-saab-9-2x-is-badge-engineering-but-weve-seen-a-l-914446574

• Advertisement

If you want the best of both worlds, take a look at the SAABaru from that era - http://jalopnik.com/the-saab-9-2x-is-badge-engineering-but-weve-seen-a-l-914446574

That was an odd vehicle for the short time it was around. A subaru hatchback with a Saab grill tacked on.

RIP...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Good car, but beware older turbo'd Subarus. They've typically led a rather exuberant life. I would never have bought the WRX that I sold 2 years ago.

Advertisement