Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"God's Country"

Options
  • 14-12-2014 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭

" Real capital" rubbish aside.....what you do love most about Cork?

Loire.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Lots of things. But it's difficult to define the feeling I always get on approaching the city whether it by air, road or rail. It's like being welcomed home, though I've never lived in Cork. Love to arrive, hate to leave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

the road to Dublin

cork The Donkey Aters

Applied in particular to the vicinity of Skibbereen in West Cork, where people resorted to eating donkeys during the Great Famine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

braddun wrote: »
    the road to Dublin

cork The Donkey Aters

Applied in particular to the vicinity of Skibbereen in West Cork, where people resorted to eating donkeys during the Great Famine
    Whats wrong with a bit of donkey? The whole country was eating horse upto a year ago and it did no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

.red. wrote: »
    Whats wrong with a bit of donkey? The whole country was eating horse upto a year ago and it did no harm.

I like the compactness of Cork city and the variety of shops, restaurants etc. I'm not from Cork but work in the city centre.
    I think there's a genuine buzz there (apart from the increasing presence of junkies)

Advertisement