Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Will the 4s be pushed off the market soon?

• 14-12-2014 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

My beloved 4s was robbed off of me this week, it was just shy of two years old. I'm unsure whether I should try buy a second hand 4s (~ €200/€300) but worry that within the next couple of months the next iOS update will say that its not compatible with the older iPhone models. Is it better for me to buy second hand or should I save up and fork out for a 5/6?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I would say the next iOS9 will not support the 4S. Can't ge 100% sure though. You can pick up refurbished iPhone 5's for around €375 in Argos and the likes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Afterlight

Aeternum wrote: »
    I would say the next iOS9 will not support the 4S. Can't ge 100% sure though. You can pick up refurbished iPhone 5's for around €375 in Argos and the likes I think.

I'm a bit wary of refurbished models! I got sent out a refurbished iPod classic a couple of years back after my brand new one died after a couple of weeks, the refurbished model died a day out of its 3 month guarantee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

ios 6 already slows down 4s don't upgrade it,you should be able to buy the 5 for that price have you looked on ebay

watch out for scammers look for long term ebay seller,lots open and shut 6 months later and put in false positive feedback

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/07/29/is-apple-slowing-down-old-iphones-on-purpose/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Afterlight wrote: »
    I'm a bit wary of refurbished models! I got sent out a refurbished iPod classic a couple of years back after my brand new one died after a couple of weeks, the refurbished model died a day out of its 3 month guarantee.

Refurbs have 12 month warranty when done by Apple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Buy a 5c should be in your price range

Advertisement