Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommadation close to the INEC killarney

Options
  • 14-12-2014 3:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭

I'm due to go to an event at the INEC. The last time I was in Kerry was about 20 years ago when I was 12. I remember a pub called muckross house.

Aside from that, my knowledge of Killarney is crap.

Where you recommend for staying overnight when attending at the INEC. I'd be travelling by public transport and by foot and maybe hackney/taxi. So preferably it would have to be easy to find and get to.

The gleneagle hotel is full for the date that I am looking at.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

The brehon is right next door to the gleneagle, a 2 minute walk from the INEC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Any hotel or b+b on Muckross Road is walking distance to the Glen. Failing that, you will never pay more than a tenner in a taxi to and from anywhere in town and the town centre is only a 15min or 20min walk max. Killarney is a small town.

We have LOADS of hotels and b+b you're bound to find something. If we knew your budget amd dates ot would help to maybe pin point a particular hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭coleen

The dromhall is a nice hotel with good rates also a B&B called www.castlelodgekillarney.ie is close to town for arrivals. The holiday inn also on the mucross road too. If you are staying more than 1 night and it for a group you could check gleneagle apartments. They are lovely and very close to gleneagle and as said a taxi into town if you need it won't cost more than 7 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

The Harmony Inn on Muckross Road is very good and inexpensive.
    I've stayed there myself and was very pleased with it.

Advertisement