Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW17 Captain?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sterling home to Arsenal
    Pighead wrote: »
    I feel very queasy all of a sudden. Disaster for me. Although I would say it's a bit of a surprising call. Soldado has started the last few games and as well as that himself and Kane are Spurs only for strikers. You'd have thought at home to Burnley they'd have stuck with two up top. Yaya's my vice captain so really need Soldado to come off the bench and score.

I had Clichy this week too so a potential nightmare game week could be unfolding here.

If Soldado doesn't play then your captaincy will switch to Yaya who scored 9 points today so if I were you I'd be praying that Pochettino keeps the Spaniard on the bench.

EDIT: Ah just spotted when you posted this. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

jebforever wrote: »
    If Soldado doesn't play then your captaincy will switch to Yaya who scored 9 points today so if I were you I'd be praying that Pochettino keeps the Spaniard on the bench.

EDIT: Ah just spotted when you posted this. :pac:
    You just know Soldado will come in for the last 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Rooney away to Villa
    RVP. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bugger. Soldado on. 7 minutes to make his mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney away to Villa
    FHFC wrote: »
    It has seriously cross my mind on a couple of occasions to Captain Zabaletta. I almost certainly won't, but just so I can whinge about it when he gets a goal and CS I'm putting it on record!! :)

Oh well.

Just thankful RVP made it past 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Austin worked:D

2 weeks in a row nailed it (last week Hazard).

I wouldn't do it if I had Yaya or some well known United forward.
    Sometimes it is good if you can't follow the poll.

Nice to be on a right track after 2-3 very average weeks. I am missing those green arrows so much. Even if it is for one night only I want to see them:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Finally got a captain call right with Austin.
    Pity I also decided it was time to ditch Cresswell (6) for Clichy (0).
    Can never seem to get everything right.

Finally got a captain call right with Austin.
    Pity I also decided it was time to ditch Cresswell (6) for Clichy (0).
    Can never seem to get everything right.

You can't get everything right - there is always some player who blanks or gets a red card. You can't have them all.

Having Austin with double points is good enough. Clichy transfer was a mistake but at least you had a player who made up for lost points;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

manual_man wrote: »
    leaning towards Sanchez at the moment. Austin is tempting but you just know WBA are going to park the bus. Liverpool are a right mess at the moment and i really do fancy Sanchez to score
    callaway92 wrote: »
    What'll actually happen is the total opposite to this I'd imagine.

Both teams will be thinking that 3 points is definitely up for grabs in this one, so there's no hope whatsoever for bus parking. I'd say it'll be packed full of goals.

edge-wwe.gif

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    edge-wwe.gif

Please stay with us - I might need your opinion on some of the games next week:D

Feels good to be right, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Captained Charlie Austin!! Oh yes, you know it!:cool: Who backed out last minute and put the armband on Van Persie.... Bottlers :pac:

I actually thought i made the switch but musn't have confirmed the move!!:rolleyes::pac::pac:

Fools luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

RVP awat to Villa
    What I thought at the start of the week
    Rikand wrote: »
    Picked Yaya, but those other 2 make great cases for themselves ;)

Then Dr. Bre pipes up with yaya being in the 12:45 kick off.... THANK YOU DR. BRE!
    Dr. Bre wrote: »
    this feels stupid but the only reason I don't want to captain Yaya is cos I hate captaining a player in the sat morn games! ha
    didnt notice he was in the saturday morning game. This changes everything!
    The last time I captained a city player for the early morning game was Aguero in Gameweek 9 and I promised myself I would never captain anyone ever again for the 12:45 game.

so I gotta find someone else to captain now :(
    Just switched captaincy to Austin

Come on King Charlie!
    I hope all of my players score goals and then I won't give a ****e who I've captained. ;)

(captaining Austin and I still hope yaya goes bat **** crazy lol)

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty smug right now, lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

What I thought at the start of the week

Then Dr. Bre pipes up with yaya being in the 12:45 kick off.... THANK YOU DR. BRE!

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty smug right now, lol :D

Didn't Aguero score 4 in an early kick off this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

RVP awat to Villa
    8-10 wrote: »
    Didn't Aguero score 4 in an early kick off this season?

Maybe he did... but I didnt captain him for that one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Picked Austin as Captain. Rival did not approve!

• Advertisement
Advertisement