Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard Drive

Options
  • 14-12-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

I am looking for a new external hard drive. I currently have a Seagate goflex cinema system 1tb. I want to get something similar with which I can just plug into my TV and it will run off the box. They don't seem to be stocking this model anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Has the TV got a USB port.
    I just use a Toshiba 2.5in 500gb ext drive and it plays away no bother.
    The TV is an LG model and plays AVI, MP4 and MKV files

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Sorry for the delay yes it has a usb and hdmi port, couldnt tell you the model of the TV but its a 19" Toshiba LCD TV. Would any harddrive work or is there certain models that will only work directly plugged into a tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You'd want to find the TV model no and research it. Some TVs will play some media files from a disk. It may be fussy about video formats, and also about filesystems (e.g. may not like NTFS). If you have a disk larger than 32GB, Windows won't put FAT32 partition on it, but 3rd party utilities will.

Alternative is the media-player type of enclosure, which provides a normal video signal to the TV. A bit more expensive than the standard enclosure.

Advertisement