Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype group (or similar) P2P mentoring - resources, ideas, partnerships

Options
  • 14-12-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Good morning all,

I'm just back from an entrepreneurial 'Meetup', with a broad spectrum of new entrepreneurs, graduates and more established business owners in attendance. A great opportunity to network, bounce around ideas and meet like minded people.

These events always remind me of the quote:
    "Try never to be the smartest person in the room. And if you are, I suggest you invite smarter people … or find a different room."
    While I read this forum and sometimes contribute, I'd like to suggest a Skype group (or similar) for members to help each other out in a more scheduled way.

Maybe a weekly/fortnightly conference call with set topics;

possibly each time someone taking the lead to present a topic (easy enough via google presentations or google chat, with Qs & As)
    This would have to be a give/take exercise - with members offering resources/ideas/advice to discourage fence sitting or idea hunting.
    I know there are already many groups like this where entrepreneurs meet face to face, but mostly based in larger cities - for example I'm currently in Madrid - but we could use the technology advantage to reach business owners or entrepreneurs who can't make these events.

• If you're interested (in any way) please leave a brief description of yourself, previous business exp (or future, if looking to take the plunge)
    • What value you might expect from a group like this
    • What you could offer in return (listening, resources)
    Just an idea, but I'm definitely available for something like this.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Have at it.

Comments

Advertisement